Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Xzar isn't creepy. Xzar is... Xzar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I think he meant "unmolested by modders."

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Factor_VIII posted:

Xzar isn't creepy?

I think he was referring to Jan and Alora.

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009
Vorgen: if (someone in) this thread makes a mod before you finish playing, will you incorporate it into the lp?

Sejs Cube
Jan 29, 2009

Steal back Death? That sounds ... tricky.

Factor_VIII posted:

Xzar isn't creepy?
Xzar would be creepy if his madness were more genuine. As it stands he hams it up too much, kind of ruins the whole effect.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Shei-kun posted:

Because everyone wants them some Imoen!

Auren wants some Nalia, and Darian some Aerie. Then again, with Darian, you can tell him that you [Charname] were involved with Imoen before meeting him, so...

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Ubern00b posted:

Vorgen: if (someone in) this thread makes a mod before you finish playing, will you incorporate it into the lp?

I don't know whether or not Vorgen would be willing to show such content off, but the likelihood of him integrating it into the BWP is practically zero. Any new mod added on would have to be guaranteed not to conflict with any previous mods, and given the sheer number of mods installed this would be practically impossible. The BWP came into existence through pretty extensive testing, trying to test a new mod could really screw up his install.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
I forget, have we seen Tiax and Xzar communicate? Because I'm betting it would be a glorious hamfest.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Cythereal posted:

Auren wants some Nalia, and Darian some Aerie. Then again, with Darian, you can tell him that you [Charname] were involved with Imoen before meeting him, so...
They are obviously in denial, because everyone else goes for Imoen. Because demigods are hot.

Also, Imoen makes everything pink. That's just hilarious.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Ubern00b posted:

After thinking about this for a while, here is the one and only way this would be possible: create the mod, inform the BWP team about it, and have it incorporated into the next iteration of the Big World Project before I get to Baldur's Gate II. I have half a mind right now to export my character at the end of BG1 and import him/her into an updated installation of the latest BWP version, whatever that may be. (I would fix any NPC inconsistencies with Shadowkeeper and Near Infinity.) If someone's mod made it into a newer version of the BWP, I would definitely import to a reinstall and include it. But time is short! It has only been 7 months since I started the LP and I'm already at the Cloakwood! I might be done with BG1 in another 8-10 months! Could anyone possibly make a mod so fast?

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 20, 2012

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Vorgen posted:

After thinking about this for a while, here is the one and only way this would be possible: create the mod, inform the BWP team about it, and have it incorporated into the next iteration of the Big World Project before I get to Baldur's Gate II. I have half a mind right now to export my character at the end of BG1 and import him/her into an updated installation of the latest BWP version, whatever that may be. (I would fix any NPC inconsistencies with Shadowkeeper and Near Infinity.) If someone's mod made it into a newer version of the BWP, I would definitely import to a reinstall and include it. But time is short! It has only been 7 months since I started the LP and I'm already at the Cloakwood! I might be done with BG1 in another 8-10 months! Could anyone possibly make a mod so fast?

There are some mods released since you started this LP, and I don't know if they're part of BWP or not:

Haer'Dalis Romance
Yoshimo Romance
Darian, ToB component
Yeslick for BG2
Arath (BG2 and ToB)
Petsy Chatterstone (BG2 and ToB)

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Yoshimo? If it is done half as well as the Branwen romance, it would be awesome to see. He's so amusing! Especially with Edwin in the party.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Shei-kun posted:

Yoshimo? If it is done half as well as the Branwen romance, it would be awesome to see. He's so amusing! Especially with Edwin in the party.

I think it's by Lava Del'Vortel, one of the more prolific modders at present, so... probably not half as well done as the Branwen romance.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I'm really, really surprised that there wasn't a Haer'Dalis romance mod already (unless this one is redundant). The guy was meant to be a romance option in the vanilla game!

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

5 Uktar, 1369

I've done it. I've truly done it. The bandit camp is nothing more than a pile of corpses. I have accomplished something that will affect the entire region for years, perhaps generations, to come. I'm... I'm actually a hero! We're all heroes! Hell yeah! I go back to the Jovial Juggler and shout out my accomplishments to the assembled crowd of friends and strangers alike. Everyone in this room has had their life affected by the bandits, and they all know what it means to have them gone. They all cheer in jubilation. It is party time!

We drink and dance and sing long into the night. And maybe into the next day. I'm not sure. I kinda lose track of time. Too much Westgate Wine. But eventually, one by one, we all give out and sleep. Some on tables, some in the corner, and some actually make it to beds. I am one of those lucky ones, although I do remember being lifted up and moved somewhere. I also think I heard Imoen's voice. She's great, that girl.

But then when I wake up and stumble down to get something to eat, I am in a different frame of mind. The bandit camp might be gone but the bandit leaders are still around. Tazok, Davaeron, and Sarevar? Sarevak? Someone. They are supposed to be somewhere in the Cloakwood. I guess I had better root them out before they send more mercenaries against me. It will be a dangerous mission - I've heard the place is full of poisonous creatures. I shouldn't force my companions to go if they don't want to.

I call a meeting of all the companions. I count them as they show up. We are now 25. There are 25 people who will follow me into battle, to fight and most likely die for me at some point. How is this possible? Why am I not following one of them? I have no answers, so I focus on the meeting. I lay out the plans that we have and I lay out what we must do. I emphasize that the Iron Throne has been angered by our actions, and they will most likely hunt down anyone associated with me. I say that we are all in danger. It is probably the truth. I outline a plan to keep us safe. First, a plan to fortify the Jovial Juggler against attack. And second, a plan for a small strike team to infiltrate the Cloakwood and eliminate the threat. That small strike team will consist of myself, Keiria, Kivan, Viconia, Shar-Teel, and Imoen. Each one nods in turn. I must be gifted by the gods to have so many trusted bodies following me around. Don't I owe them something? I'll have to be more generous with the magical equipment we get. Some day I hope to outfit them all with the best I can find.

Imoen clears her throat, startling me out of my reverie. Right. Security. Plan. Strike team. Did I mention all of that? I did. To the Cloakwood we go!

First, I give my old friends the rest that they deserve.

Undoubtedly! Just hang here and stick to the plan, girlfriend.

Finch seems relieved, but doesn't say anything. She goes back to her seemingly eternal conversation with Rose. The two are inseparable!

I shall, Minsc, I shall. After moment of wistful contemplation, I turn to our new companions.

It would be a pleasure to have your company again. A good Bard is always a welcome companion.

And that's that. Viconia is up next.

Many would judge you by your race alone, but I will give you ample opportunity to prove yourself as an individual.

I could ask for little else.

People seem to look at us a little askance when we pick her up. But I don't care. She's a drat good cleric.

Gameplay note: With Viconia in the group, our reputation drops to 12, average. It had previously dropped from 16 to 14 when we failed to steal something from one of those amazing item sellers in Restenford.

I do have need of you, but not because of your debt. Your skill is invaluable to me.

Make no mistake; I follow you only because of your prowess in battle. When that falters, so does my loyalty.

I see the lie in her eyes. Sure babe, sure. But she immediately questions me.

Men aren't that bad, Shar-Teel.

You are an idiot. And you deserve exactly what you're going to get.

Hey! I used to be a man!

Oh, hey, THERE he is! I lost track of that bad-tempered dwarf. He's got a cloak he lost in the Cloakwood.

I can't forget to try to find it. I wonder if its magical, though.

Then it is time for equipment allocation. Kivan, Imoen, and I mostly keep what we got. Kivan takes back the Helm of Mind Warding, though, because Shar-Teel wants the one he is wearing. He goes back to being a True-Seeing god of death.

Keiria Silverstring the Spellsinger gets Fabio's Lute, Varscona +2, and the Traveler's Ring to complement her already-formidable equipment. I also give her back her dispelling bolts for her crossbow that I had taken earlier for, uh, research.

I also let her dig through my spellbook and take spare copies of any level 1 or level 2 spells. I don't let her take any spells that she already knows or that I only have one copy of. She ends up memorizing Color Spray, Grease, Ray of Enfeeblement, Resist Fear, Stinking Cloud, and Web. She has so many spell slots available for each level that I just tell her to memorize one of everything. She can't really do that exactly, but she can get pretty close.

Then it is time to outfit Viconia. She gets the standard loadout that is becoming commonplace for the cleric in our party - Helm of Glory, Crystal Platemail, Sling +1, Boots of the Forgotten Ones. But she also doesn't seem to care about the origin of the Ring of Dwarven Bone. That's good because she wouldn't be able to wear the Crystal Platemail without it. Also I choose to give her the Cloak of Protection +1, because she's the cleric. She's gotta stay alive. Finally, I have some extra cash so I stop by Thunderhammer Smithy and buy her a Buckler +1.

With that last piece of equipment, she looks pretty good!

For spells, I ask her to memorize heals and cure poisons. We will need both in great amounts.

And finally, Shar-Teel. Oh, dear conflicted Shar-Teel. I hope she's okay with the equipment I've collected for her. She also gets a Helm of Glory, which fits nicely with the Full Plate Mail +2 that I got from the djinni. She equips the Gauntlets of Power Attacks, and wields the Flame of the North (of course). She also decides to take up the Strong Arm bow, since Kivan seems to be so attached to his bow. She wears two rings, a Ring of Regeneration and a Ring of Protection +1. She also wears the Girdle of Bluntness and the Gnomish Boots - I don't want her getting stuck in a Web somewhere. Finally, she wears the Cloak of the Wolf. I imagine she will make good use of it someday. And she definitely fits the profile.

Gameplay note: Since we decided to do this with Branwen's flirts, I will also do this with Shar-Teel's flirts. I will only screenshot unique flirts, and not repeat any of them that I can remember. Hopefully it will be more tolerable for the weaker voices among us who do not like strength or grace.

*She scowls, but there are so many emotions tangled in her scowl that you dare not interpret this facial expression one way or another.*

There is one more thing we should do before we go. We should turn in the bandit scalps we have - hopefully the last we ever see!

We get 450 gold for them. Not bad!

Gameplay note: I'd like to take some time out to talk about the AI scripts that I use for each character. The Big World Project comes with a lot of good AI scripts, but choosing the best one for each character is not always easy. Lets start with Syvishtara. I want her to be attacking bad guys and drinking healing potions automatically so she doesn't die, but I'd rather not have her casting spells on her own. That should be at my discretion. So the AI script I use for her is SCS Ease-of-Use AI. Here is a description of what it does:

SCS Ease-of-use AI posted:

The AI has 5 functions:

1) The character will fight, prioritizing opponents who are not immobile and helpless, not fighting if they're trying to Turn Undead, and not wasting Melf's Minute Meteors, Energy Blades, or Invisibility. You can shift the character between melee (D) and ranged weapons (F) using the hotkeys. If you'd rather that your character did not enter melee, you can toggle melee off by pressing (K). Characters with melee toggled off will fight if enemies are in weapon range but won't be proactive about getting into range.

2) The character will cast some long-duration spells when out of combat. There are 4 settings for this, which you can toggle through using (S). On setting 1, the character uses no spells. On setting 2 and up, the character will cast all of the following spells if they are memorized (and not already active): Stoneskin, Iron Skins, Armor, Melf's Minute Meteors, Goodberry.

3) On setting 2 and up, the character will consume Goodberries if injured and out of combat. On setting 3 and up, the character will also consume potions of healing. On setting 4, the character will consume potions of extra-healing.

4) On setting 2 and up, the character will automatically active the following items once per day: the Cloak of the Stars; the Gargoyle Boots; the Belt of Fortitude.

5) The character will cast some spells, by hotkey, on the whole party. This casting is highly accelerated, cannot be done in combat, and only casts on characters who are not already protected. Its main function is for later in the game when you can afford to carry enough spells to protect the whole party. The hot-keys are: C for Chaotic Commands; V for Death Ward; B for Protection from Fire, Protection from Lightning, and Protection from Magic Energy; Z for a paladin's Protection from Evil.
I find this very useful to manage a character who runs around killing things and drinking potions. Also it gets Syvishtara to cast Armor each morning. I guess some day I'll appreciate the advanced features but for now I just need the simple ones. I keep it on setting 3, because Syvishtara only has 33 hit points. This is also what I have Shar-Teel using.

But Viconia, as a cleric, needs a script that will make her focus on healing. The one I choose is Rastor's Improved Cleric Script.

Rastor's Improved Cleric Script posted:

This is a universal script for clerics. The cleric will ensure that your party is in reasonable health before casting any offensive spells and won't waste spells on enemies that will be unaffected by them. The cleric also wont cast spells on weak enemies.
This is the best choice for having a cleric that will stop what its doing and run over to heal your injured party members at the first sign of damage. This is essential, especially at low levels. The script generally reacts faster than I would.

For Imoen the thief, I like to use aTWEAKS - Simple Thief script.

aTWEAKS - Simple Thief script posted:

This script will allow a Thief to either use his "Find Traps" skill or his "Hide in Shadows" skill whenever he is idle. By default the Thief will search for traps when there are no enemies nearby. Pressing the 'D' key toggles this setting and causes the Thief to attempt to hide in shadows as long as there are no enemies in his line of sight. Note that the Thief won't attack opponents nor defend himself while either of these skills is in use. Pressing the 'V' key toggles this setting and causes the Thief to stop using his skills and start attacking the nearest enemy. This script will never override player-assigned actions.
I usually hit the V key after assigning this, so that Imoen will always be looking for traps but attack when enemies are nearby.

For Kivan I use the default RANGER RANGED script.

RANGER RANGED posted:

The ranger will attempt to keep a distance between himself and enemies, firing with ranged weapons if possible. If injured will attempt to hide and drink healing potions before returning to battle.
A simple script. One undocumented feature is that it always tries to make the ranger hide, which is why you always see Kivan succeeding or failing to hide in shadows in so many updates.

And finally, with Keiria, I use the aTWEAKS - Simple Bard script.

aTWEAKS - Simple Bard script posted:

This script will allow a Bard to sing his battlesong whenever he is idle. By default the Bard will only sing when enemies are nearby and stop once they are out of his line of sight. Pressing the 'D' key toggles this setting and causes the Bard to sing constantly, regardless of enemy presence. Note that the Bard won't attack opponents nor defend himself while sing the battlesong. Pressing the 'V' key toggles this setting and causes the Bard to stop singing and start attacking the nearest enemy. This script will never override player-assigned actions.
Because she has a 5% chance to lose a spell while singing the bard song, I'll tell her to sing it only in combat and also to attack enemies. That way she'll be twisting the song, I think. Singing it and then canceling it to attack enemies each round. I heard bards used to do that in Everquest? I never played it. Hopefully it'll give the benefit without that much drawback.

As we are leaving the Jovial Juggler...

*growls* Men!

Oh so now she remembers what I was. Great. With that, we are off!

And only two hours into our journey, we are ambushed!

BANDITS?!?

What the hell?

Why are they... oh they're all dead. But still, I'm disappointed I didn't get them all at camp.

It is difficult to separate shadow from the darkness here.

If you say so babe. Kivan picks up a total of 10 scalps and a measly 2 necklaces. We move on as if nothing happened.

So... Cloakwood. I know next to nothing about this place. I turn to Kivan. He obliges me by going out to scout.

He comes back with tales of tasloi in the trees.

I don't even know what they are. But he says they're little green guys in the forest. So, goblins? We go see what they can do. Turns out they can sleep pretty well.

When Shar-Teel gibs the last one,

we take a look at what they were carrying. But not before...

*She scowls... Oh, how she scowls. Like no one else under the sun, the moon, and the stars.*

Looks like the tasloi were carrying a bunch of ratty spears and a cloak. Could it be?

Is this cloak the one that belongs to

Oh. But don't you think we should

Oh. Ok. Well then. Imoen's new cloak is pretty cool. We have nothing left to do but send Kivan out again to scout again.

What he finds, he dreads.

He just keeps on moving, marking the location for later. He also manages to come across a collection of bears.

They aren't hostile, though. It is when he finds his first giant spider that he calls us in to kill it. I suppose even rangers hate giant spiders.

Viconia and I arrive first, and close to melee with the beast. But it Webs Viconia!

Thankfully it turns towards me after that, and Haiass is able to take it out.

And since we are almost already there, Kivan takes us to fight against the dread wolves. I begin by trying to soften them up through Nahal's Reckless Dweomer.

The Weave bursts wildly out of control and I close my eyes and brace for impact. I feel as though I will die in the next few seconds. But... nothing happens.

Thank Rhialto Fireballs didn't burst everywhere. I conceal myself with a few Mirror Images and begin to melee.

My friends and I are able to kill these wolves without worry.

Without care.

Without delay.

And most importantly, without injury.

Imoen volunteers to be the next scout, so I agree. She drinks a Potion of Invisibility and sets out. She manages to find some kind of building.

We all go over to see what the building is for.

Yes, we would.

Good men! I'm glad you had the sense of decency to help a man in my situation. Let me explain my predicament. My friends and I come here every year to do some sport hunting. This year however, a group of woodland savages threatened us with bodily harm if we did not stop our hunting trip. Being civilized men we realized that it's well within our rights to hunt where we drat well please. After a few more days of hunting the crass woodmen lost all pretense of humanity and murdered Elban, one of my oldest friends. I'm sure that they plan to attack our cottage here, so we had best be prepared.

Trespassers and butchers of our wood; I, Seniyad, have come to administer the punishment that you have bought down upon yourselves. Yet, who are the men that stand beside you? With them we have no quarrel. It is now to you that I speak; these men have most likely duped you into protecting their sorry hides. They have most likely not told of the druid they have slain in cold blood. I will allow you to rethink your earlier decision and leave these men to their most deserved fate.

Do not listen to these slavering wild men, my dear fellows; they lie as befits the uncultured barbarians that they are.

And you consider yourself 'cultured,' iblith? Don't make me laugh.

Aldeth is reminding me of the monk. He's trying to keep these woodsmen down, I just know it!

Sorry, Aldeth, but we're siding with the druids. They have this great Aloe-Vera balm they are giving away samples of, and my armor has been chafing a bit, ya know?

What!?! Have you gone mad, throwing your lot in with a band of madmen. You treacherous savages, you will suffer for you foolishness! I will deal with Seniyad after I kill you!

Say what now?

Hey man, there's no need to get this violent! Why don't we

Eugh. Noble chunks. We turn to Seniyad, wondering what he will do now.

He knows of the Iron Throne! Great! But we have foul beasts and Shadow druids to contend with before we get there. Hey, at least we know what to expect, right?

As Seniyad leaves, Kivan mentions that it might have been a colossal misunderstanding all along. The hunters might have been hunting and killing shapechanged druids without their knowledge. drat. Talk about embarrassing!

We look around the rest of the area together. There isn't much here to threaten us. We find some of Haiass' savage cousins, and attack!

I try to divine the will of the Weave, casting a fireball through Nahal's Reckless Dweomer.

The magic goes off and hits Haiass. I check my boobies - still there. I look at everyone else. All boobs are appropriate. I think... I think I just changed Haiass into a bitch!

I'm stunned, too stunned to move, and it gives the dire wolves the opportunity to really take a chunk out of Keiria.

Keiria pops a healing potion, retreats behind Shar-Teel, and then casts Sleep. Wow, that was the perfect thing to do. She's so dreamy!

We are almost done with the wolves when the bears decide to join in on the fight. Gods, I hope none of them are shapechanged druids!

Then I hear a yelp from behind me and don't care anymore.

Haiass noooooo! I seek my vengeance.

I find it. Thank the Weave Viconia is here, she can raise him, I mean her, right away. Although it seems to take a whole lot out of her.

After we are done fighting animals, Imoen says, sooo what do ya think's in the lodge? Oh yeah, the lodge! We go back to investigate.

We find a Rainbow Obsidian Necklace, two Arrows of Ice, two Arrows of Fire, an Elixir of Health, and about 500 gold. Nice! Not a bad haul for a hunting cabin in the woods.

After that, there is nothing left to do but go over the bridge to the northwest. Strangely enough, however, we find an elf on the bridge.

Yes, tell us more.

Good, I'm glad you're smart enough to recognize opportunity when it comes knocking. The deal is this: I've been hired out by the mayor of Beregost to hunt down a great winged dragon that's been plaguing the caravan routes. He's offered 2,000 gold for its head. Now before you get cold feet, let me allay your fears. The only descriptions of the beast have always mentioned its deadly barbed tail. From what I know about dragons they don't have barbs on their tails: that's something unique to wyverns. So all we have to do is find this wyvern's nest and kill it. Our only worries are if it has friends over for dinner! So what is your decision, yea or nay?

You sound glad to discover that your adversary is the weaker critter. Hells and demons, but you are pathetic one, even for a male! Syvishtara, this idiot would be of no use for us. We can kill the wyverns without having to share the reward with him.

Yea.

Very well then. We shouldn't tarry any longer; let's collect the heads of those soon-to-be-sorry wyverns.

Gameplay note: Ok, and now we have our 26th potential companion, Coran! In the base game he is a fighter/thief, but that's completely boring. So lets change him. What class shall we make Coran?

1. He should be a duelist, a fighter kit. The elf will mess you up with that scimitar that's been gathering dust on the mule for months! (Note that as a fighter kit duelist Coran would not get any thief points.)
2. He'll mess you up alright, but that's because he's a Blade Master, another fighter kit (with no thieving points).
3. Come on, we all know that Coran is a dashing, daring Swashbuckler! He'll board your vessel and take your booty and you'll love every minute of it (comes with thief points).
4. Look. Let's put 2 and 2 together. The elf is out here in the forest hunting things. He's obviously a Huntsman. No question about it (comes with thief points).
5. Coran is the spirit of adventure! He is an Adventurer! Yay! (thief points go)
6. You are all so confused about Coran's true class because he's a Trickster. He's always so tricksy, you see (yes thief points).

And then, of course, there is the other decision to make. Should we pick up Coran or not?

A. No. Send him back to the Jovial Juggler.
B. Yes. Add him to the party!

And then the third question. If you want him in the party, who should he replace?

Alpha: Have him replace Shar-Teel.
Beta: Have him replace Viconia.
Gamma: Have him replace Imoen.
Delta: Have him replace Kivan.
Epsilon: Have him replace Keiria.

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011

NihilCredo posted:

I'm really, really surprised that there wasn't a Haer'Dalis romance mod already (unless this one is redundant). The guy was meant to be a romance option in the vanilla game!

Many attempts to make a Haer'Dalis romance mod have been attempted and failed. Apparently whenever people put up things like betas and ask for suggestions, a huge flame war breaks out over whether or not Haer'Dalis is truly a gentleman or a crazy psycho because of his nihilism or an emo or...

It gets so bad none of them were ever completed. People just throw their hands up in the air and say "Fine, *you* make one!" and stomp off.

...And then those people try and the flame wars start again. I'm actually surprised any mod was made for him, actually.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Oh, no. Coran. This guy, well... he got expanded on a lot for the BG1 NPC Project. He's a romance option for S, but it's a trainwreck.

I know how the sadomasochistic goonmind is likely to vote, but allow me to protest with Send him to the inn.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Swashbuckler fits his personality quite well.

Delta, I think Coran has the Dexterity to replace Kivan as our main archer.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 20, 2012

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
He is a Huntsmen that will replace Shar-teel

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

For some reason I can't quite remember I couldn't stand Coran thirteen years ago (I think I just disliked all multiclass characters), but this:

Cythereal posted:

Oh, no. Coran. This guy, well... he got expanded on a lot for the BG1 NPC Project. He's a romance option for S, but it's a trainwreck.

is a siren's call like none others.

So let's make him a Blade Master (the most interesting of the two fighter options) that will replace Kivan (since we've spent a lot of time with that guy already).

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
He is an Adventurer! Yay!

Add him to the party!

Have him replace Shar-Teel.

:sassargh: This #&^$@#'s better than that ugly, man-hating %$*&@. She drives me to drink. Man, Viconia's got a nice butt.

Shei-kun fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 20, 2012

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
4Bε
Hunters hunt things.
I want to see what CoranXSafana is all about.
Silverstring is cramping your magey style, and this guy knows what's up with wyverns.

Dunefar
Nov 20, 2003

Killer.
He's an Adventurer who is going to take the place of Shar-Teel.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Swashbuckler, Back to the Inn

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Voting for Coran as a Huntsman, but let's have him stay at the inn for now. We've only just assembled this party! Let's put it through its paces before we shake things up again.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Let's see... he's a Huntsman, by the look of things, and we should send him back to the Juggler. We already had a big party vote. It's not our fault if he wasn't there for it.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Swashbuckler, A

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

3 B Alpha

Coran's gonna buckle all our swashes, oh yes :allears:

As a result, we have no need of Shar-Teel's strength (or little grace).

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

2 B Alpha

Because Shar-Teel is annoying and Blade Master sounds cool

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Vorgen posted:

The magic goes off and hits Haiass. I check my boobies - still there. I look at everyone else. All boobs are appropriate. I think... I think I just changed Haiass into a bitch!

Ha ha ha, that's great! Do Kivan next!

As for the question, I'm jumping on the swashbuckler bandwagon, but I think you should send him to the inn and pick him up later on.

I mean, we have yet to see how this party does.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lord_Ventnor posted:

Let's see... he's a Huntsman, by the look of things, and we should send him back to the Juggler. We already had a big party vote. It's not our fault if he wasn't there for it.

Should get another party member in another update or two as well. And not a well-written one.

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

Delta: Have him replace Kivan.

Because, pretty please, we've had Kivan in the party for all eternity and we could really use a change!

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

huntsman and send to the inn, because it seems more appropriate and the swashbuckler kit also mentions not dual classing to fighter which makes a multiclassed fighter/thief a little bit cheesy.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

Charlett posted:

Many attempts to make a Haer'Dalis romance mod have been attempted and failed. Apparently whenever people put up things like betas and ask for suggestions, a huge flame war breaks out over whether or not Haer'Dalis is truly a gentleman or a crazy psycho because of his nihilism or an emo or...

It gets so bad none of them were ever completed. People just throw their hands up in the air and say "Fine, *you* make one!" and stomp off.

...And then those people try and the flame wars start again. I'm actually surprised any mod was made for him, actually.

The mod is pretty good, in my opinion. Chaotic Neutral characters have to be a bitch to write romances for, but she makes it pretty interesting (and goes the non-psycho route). It's also fairly smutty, which I find appealing being a chick and all that.

If you do romance Coran, please, for god's sake, change that awful loving portrait of his. I'm all for trainwrecks, but who the hell would want to bed someone who looked like that?

On the voting end, I say you pick Coran (I vote for Swashbuckler) up and have him replace the bard. Get this stupid, repulsive Shar-Teel romance over with while you have her around so that we can move on to other painfully awkward romance mods.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

B
Delta

Dude.

Coran starts with 20 dex (assuming nothing has been changed by modders)

The Blade Master kit adds a +2 bonus to dex. That's 22 dexterity. You all know what to do.

Coran also tries to flirt with pretty much anything female, I'm looking forward to seeing his attempts to woo Shar-Teel :munch:

Edit:got my numbers mixed up.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 21, 2012

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
2 B Delta

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.
2 B α

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

He's a Blade Master and he can gently caress off. We haven't had a chance to have Shar-Teel in a wood or up a tree yet!

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

He's a Duelist who can wait his turn in the inn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Swashbuckler, and replace Kivan. Much as I love that murder machine the guy needs a break, and we gotta see all the new content available!

• Locked thread