Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

ETB posted:

For the sake of content, I say just trigger the romance. How can Coran resist such a beauty with The Weave at her hands?

The problem is that we can't right now. Otherwise there would be no question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Brainamp posted:

The problem is that we can't right now. Otherwise there would be no question.
I think he meant opening the console and setting CoranGotToBase=1 or something.

If indeed the romance only cares about base stats, that will be our only realistic option (unless there's some mod which litters BG1 with stats tomes and permanent bonuses like it's the BG2 endgame... which is entirely possible).

If permanent buff like the cloaks' count, but not simple spell buff, then what we need is a single CHA tome... unfortunately the vanilla one was in the Gnoll Stronghold, and I think Vorgen already got that. So we'd be hoping again for modders to give us either an extra tome or some +3 CHA or better item.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

7 Uktar, 1369

I do believe it is time to give Kivan a break. He has brought death to dozens if not hundreds of bandits already, he can stand to use a few days or weeks in the Jovial Juggler. We say our goodbyes.

Our paths must run apart for a while. If I should need your help again, though, we should rendezvous at the Jovial Juggler in Beregost.

I will do this thing, but much remains to be done. Do not delay your return.

He is no sooner gone than Coran pipes up with some inter-racial insight.

Now, Coran, if you could only explain why elves dislike dwarves, as well...

After the elf has heroically slain the foul orc, there is only one thing left for him to do. He will die in sad reverie about his kin's glorious past and amid regrets of his inability to prevent their inevitable demise. Then a dwarf will come by and will try to bury him, but while digging his grave, he is as like as not to find a vein of mithril. So he'd use the tree to smelt the metal and he will have no time among his labors to worry about the elven corpse... And that is why elves dislike the dwarves.

What about halflings and humans and gnomes?

A halfling would open a small tavern on the spot and call it the "Elf and Orc," and boast unceasingly that he sells the best ale on Toril. That would be true, of course, since we are talking about the very last one. A human would peer at the elf's remains, thinking wistfully that he would never be able to die in such a mystic way, but aloud he would say that the arrogant bastard had found an appropriate end. I swear by Hanali Celanil's golden heart that I do not know what a gnome might do. Ask a gnome...

Gameplay note: This is the point where you can accuse Coran of prejudice.

Yeah, good story!

I hope that you'd trade me a tale or two of your own for this? Something about the fun times monks have in Candlekeep, maybe?

Funny. I can't seem to think of anything.

The elf doesn't look so bad, once he's decked out in appropriate equipment.

Gameplay note: The same mod that reduced Kagain's starting CON to 19 reduced Coran's starting DEX. The kit put it up by +1, so he's at 20.

He also has been busy making some special, custom arrows of his.

He also boasts that he is proficient in all kinds of trap-setting.

Gameplay note: This is true, I boosted him up to 90 in Set Traps. He's now the only thief who can reliably set traps.

Imoen also mentions to me that there was something I forgot to get off of that noble's corpse back at the cabin. She shows me the robe that she had found.

Wow! If only I knew a good mage.... oh I guess Dynaheir counts. I wonder how she's doing?

You have the most beautiful... er... eyes.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

Heh. We are ready to head out, so we cross the bridge and explore the rest of the area. We are ambushed, by wolves!

Viconia gets bit hard in the opening attacks.

But she drinks a healing potion and soldiers on. Shar-Teel does her fair share of wolf-killing.

As does Haiass.

Imoen is the next bit in the wolf onslaught.

But she also recovers and keeps going on. Shar-Teel rids us of the last of them as the sun goes down.

And that's that. We have cleared the Cloakwood Lodge area of all hostiles!

Coran leads us deeper into the woods by secret paths that few know. He says we will see waterfalls. I wonder if this is a good idea...

We travel for 16 hours and come to the top of a waterfall, just like Coran said we would. But as soon as we do, two Phase Spiders teleport right into our midst!

Everyone grabs their melee weapons and I protect myself the best way I know how.

Keiria strikes with Melf's Acid Arrow at one of the phase spiders. Interesting!

I turn around to take stock of things and realize that there are 3 spiders now. Where are they all coming from?!

Shar-Teel takes care of the first, no matter from where it hails.

Keiria and I cast spells at one of the spiders. Her Chromatic Orb, me Rhialto's Random Missiles.

We do a pretty good job of hurting it.

And then Keiria kills it off with her crossbow.

Imoen also wants to get in on the low-level spell action.

She singes Coran a little bit. Then Keiria finishes the spider off.

But now Imoen is poisoned! Viconia rushes back into the fight in time to cleanse her system and save the day.

Exhausted from our long trip and immediate fight, we rest right at the top of the waterfall. In the morning, Coran rises bright and cheerful, more so than even before!

Not surprisingly, I like you too, Coran. We vagabonds and bon vivants need to band together!

You like me? My beautiful lady just made the sun shine brighter! I shall fight like a lion, sweetling, when I know that your eyes look at me approvingly. Come now, let us continue our search for adventure before somber paladins kill all the dragons and all the wine dries out!

Excellent suggestion! I could use some more lightheartedness in my life! But right then, as if on cue...

*She looks at you and tries to scowl. She smiles instead and turns away quickly.*

Ah ha! Even Shar-Teel is in a good mood! I'm starting to really love the Cloakwood. Since we have not yet done so, we cross the stream and come face to face with a man named Tiber.

What is it that troubles you stranger?

Thank you! Thank... you... it's my brother you see. He and I went into the Cloakwood to clear the woods of the spider colony that infests it. I know it sounds foolish... but my brother had found the sword 'Spider's Bane'! The sword was created to kill spiders... and we thought we could become famous... the heroes of Cloakwood, and all that. But my brother hasn't returned yet... and it's been more than a week. Please, could you go into the woods and find him for me... my mother would be so shattered if Chelak were to be dead.

Foolish indeed. The death of the weak is to be encouraged; this natural selection is what has made my people so superior.

We'll find your brother for you, don't worry.

Oh yes! Please search quickly... his name's Chelak. Be careful.

Really, Viconia? Natural selection. Don't you think that's a little harsh?

We set out to explore the area, but then both Imoen and Viconia scream at us to freeze at the same time.

We hear the words trap and enemy at the same time, and get ready for combat right where we are. Imoen disables the trap, whatever it was, but then the giant spider spits a web at Viconia and battle is joined!

Viconia tries to outrun the web, and I try to advance and cast a spell, but we are both hit with webs. There are more spiders!

Shar-Teel barks out some orders, real concern in her voice, and the others follow. They all drink Oils of Speed, except for Imoen. She drinks a Potion of Invisibility.

But as Coran and Keiria advance, yet another spider spits yet another web at the elf. He is held as well!

Keiria decides that this is unacceptable and casts Sleep upon the spiders.

It doesn't seem to have much effect. Shar-Teel, immune to any web-like effects in her gnomish boots, runs up to the first spider and kills it.

Imoen, in a stunning display of genius and forethought, spews out a Burning Hands right over all the spiders and into my face.

But of course it doesn't harm me at all. Excellent work on her part! Then she shoots a bow at the most injured spider, and it is down!

Masterstroke! Keiria's Stinking Cloud lands at that moment, but she needn't have bothered, because Shar-Teel takes out the last spider.

There is only one small problem left. I am Held, poisoned, and dying. Thankfully the webs of these spiders only last a few more seconds. I manage to drink an Elixir of Health and avoid certain death yet again.

But there is one more spider. I don't want to deal with web effects ever again, so I and Imoen cast magic missiles from afar while Keiria casts an Acid Arrow and Shar-Teel runs in with her boots.

The spider does not even survive the missiles. Shar-Teel looks disappointed. No sooner are we out of combat then Coran exults.

Yeah! That *would* be thrilling... and I bet a dragon's skull would be big enough to make into a rocking chair! Or a throne...

Why are you speaking of thrones? Are you one of those who lusts after power and dreams of becoming a sovereign?

It was a stray thought, Coran, no more. I was talking of the rocking chairs, and suddenly I saw a throne made of dragonbone, black jade and dark adamantine. It was strangely attractive and ugly at the same time.

You have the most strange visions and dreams, Syvishtara. Either you are indeed marked for greatness, or you are simply mad. I would prefer to go mad, rather than rule. Power is such a capricious mistress, and romance with her is so ultimately unrewarding! It turns you into a fat, arrogant and selfish squid, teaching others how to go about their lives even faster than marriage does.

Marriage? Eugh. We turn back to the task at hand, which is to try to get somewhere in this blasted forest. We advance slowly. I send Imoen first, but only after making her promise to drink a potion of invisibility. I don't want her getting ambushed.

She finds 3 spiders, hanging out by the seaside cliffs. She comes back and calls us in to help.

We send Shar-Teel in first with her gnomish boots to attract all the attention. Then we strike.

Shar-Teel kills the first just as I arrive.

Keiria takes out the next with her crossbow.

And Coran takes out the third and final spider. Great! It's good to know I am in the company of such competent persons.

Imoen goes out further on the cliffs, scouting ahead. But she doesn't find anything except a great view.

It looks as though we are forced to go back and head west.

But while I am looking at the map, we get ambushed by Phase Spiders!

Gameplay note: Literally, I was taking that map screenshot without pausing and I come back to this.

Keiria gets poisoned! And my sword whispers to me. I think it is trying to distract me from Keiria's plight, but I am not distracted.

Viconia cleanses Keiria and all is well once again.

Coran kills the final phase spider, but gets severely cut up for it, and poisoned too! I'm shocked at how fast he looks near to die.

But he drinks an antidote and will be alright.

*Shar-Teel rolls her shoulders back and forth in an impressive display of her raw power.*

We send Imoen off to scout again. She walks along the cliffs heading west.

She manages to travel an impressively long way without finding any hostiles, so she comes back to get us.

When we are all together again, we try to walk down the cliffside and see what there is to see... but we find a dragon!!!

We turn tail and try to run away. But the dragon... shoots Aganazzar's Scorcher at us?

I try to minimize the damage to my companions by charging straight at the dragon. Its fire cannot hurt me, after all.

Something else does, but I'm not sure what. My companions fire arrows and sling bullets at it from afar. I am engaged in a delicate dance - keeping the column of fire from the dragon occupied because it does not hurt me, and keeping it away from my companions, while also staying away from the dragon. It takes all my concentration. Keiria and Imoen cast Magic Missiles at it though.

I see their missiles injure it, but it does not fall. Additionally, I take some more mysterious damage, dropping my health. In anger, I turn myself to the dragon, ripping some health from it and returning it to myself.

It is too much for the beast, and it falls. I drained the rest of its life.

Gameplay note: That was unexpected, and a super lucky break that the pseudo-dragon fixated on me, the 100% fire immune dude, to be the target of his fire breath wrath. Otherwise we probably would have had a party wipe. We get 4500 xp for the kill though!

Upon closer inspection, the "dragon" has the head of a wyvern, which leads us all to believe that it was a wyvern.

Just a red-colored, fire-breathing wyvern. Geez. So many ways that could have gone wrong. The Weave is definitely with us this day.

After a 10 minute long breather, we get Imoen to scout out the area behind where the wyvern/dragon attacked us. It turns out to be a bland dead-end.

But as she angles out of that area and goes north, she runs across another big trap.

Who sets these traps I wonder? It must be those humanoid spider thingies. Whatever they're called.

Imoen explores north from there, and discovers a beautiful waterfall.

She has to turn inland here, and soon finds herself confronted by Ettercaps. Yes, that's what they're called. Those spider-wannabe things. Ettercaps.

She comes back and tells us of their location. Then all together we charge into the group. For some reason, two of the spiders focus on webbing Viconia.

In response, Imoen uses her Wand of Horror to make the bad spiders go away.

Shar-Teel wastes no time in slaughtering these new enemies.

Viconia is getting hard hit, though, so I rush back to try to heal her.

Imoen also casts Horror with her wand, Keiria uses Fabio's lute for Confusion, and in the chaos I manage to heal just in time.

Now all the baddies are running scared, but Shar-Teel doesn't care. She cuts down another.

And another.

Frightened spiders scatter, and we start to chase them all over the woods. I realize that this can only end in disaster, so I call my companions back to our original fight location. We wait for the spiders to come back to us. They do, and they web me!

Shar-Teel takes care of that little problem, though.

Coran is taking care of business on the other side of the battlefield.

But Shar-Teel kills the last.

Viconia realizes what she's been doing wrong this whole time. I guess that near-death brush was good for her in the long run.

Gameplay note: We'll have to go over these new spells that she has that are different from Branwen's next update.

Then it's back to the explore and disarm game.

While Imoen is out disarming traps made by evil inhuman monsters all by herself, Coran strikes up another conversation.

Unfortunately, I was. With my foster father dead, they won't let me back in.

Ha-ha! But you must be clumsy, Syvishtara. Nobody ever locked me out.

Are you sure? I didn't think you were all that good with stealth and locks.

Uhm, there was that one time when I had a rendezvous with a noble dame whose name I can't mention for obvious reasons.

Of course.

So, I decided to rekindle my acquaintance with a sophisticated society beauty after a few short years of absence. The lady was agreeable, and I didn't have a chance to see her close in a well lit room until I made it up her balcony.

But as she slipped to the window to open it for me, the moonlight shone straight onto her face...

Oh humans, humans...

A few short years... just how many exactly?

Ten or fifteen... it matters not. The result was devastating. *Shivers.*

A hag in the moonlight... All the old stories about hags of the magical kind leapt to my mind, how they bred with the likely lads of my disposition and then devour them.

So you must see why my romantic mood quickly diminished, and why I spent a good hour outside that window pretending that I could not get in.

Actually, it was very decent of you to spare the old woman's feelings.

Well, yes... that, and I needed time to recover before hitting the roofs. One won't go far on shaky feet!

By that time Imoen got back to say that she found more ettercaps. We go to where she says they will be, and sure enough. There they are. I think that I will try to take care of all of them before anyone else needs to, so I reach for the Weave and throw out whatever comes first.

Fire dances around me, and yet frost flies from my fingertips! I am like unto a vengeful force of nature!

WHAT?! Oh my weave, what have I done?

Gameplay note: Shar-Teel was slightly ahead of Syvishtara when she randomly cast Cone of Cold. I tried to get her to move out of the way, but as you can see she was unsuccessful.

Still, a golden goddess, wreathed in flames, a burning sword in my hand - surely I must win this fight.

Viconia takes up her mace and steps into melee with me as the rest of the party fires from range. Keiria kills one of them.

In the middle of combat, a crazed woman interrupts us.

After that interruption, Coran is the next to thin the herd.

Unfortunately Haiass falls in the battle. Again.

And Keiria is the one who kills the last beastie.

Seemingly late to the party, as if he was an old man, my sword taunts the already-dead.

Keiria and Coran divide up Shar-Teel's equipment between each other, and then we talk to the crazy lady again.

The ring she gives us is a Ring of Protection +2!

Gameplay note: We also get 1100 more xp!

I think I need to rethink my life. Shar-Teel is dead, again. And I killed her this time. My magic is always getting my friends killed. Why does the Weave act like that? Why does it lash out against... wait. The Weave doesn't do things for no reason, does it. Maybe she deserved it.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 23, 2012

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.
Shar-Teel: The Kenny of Baldur's Gate.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Next up is Bub Snikt, so you've got no other romance candidate hassling you - keep jumping Coran's bones, it looks like there's some chemistry there! (CN with CN, of course)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Factor_VIII posted:

Shar-Teel: The Kenny of Baldur's Gate.

See, even the Weave knows that Shar-teel is terrible! :woop:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Now that you've met Coran, S is set on romance options for BG1.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Coran is Terrible. He's like the face of Reddit. Unfunny jokes. Unrealistic Boasting of his prowess. Racism. And he won't go for a girl with a certain level of charisma, despite not having the highest charisma himself.

happinessSam
Jun 18, 2004

You have three guesses and the first two don't count.
Even though Coran seems nowhere near as good as Kivan (what bow is he using?) he's still far more entertaining than Kivan's brooding even if he is a jerk. I did a google for his portrait just to see it larger and found this http://nattzvart.deviantart.com/art/Coran-Facelift-39842839, which is more what Coran should probably look like.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

happinessSam posted:

Even though Coran seems nowhere near as good as Kivan (what bow is he using?) he's still far more entertaining than Kivan's brooding even if he is a jerk. I did a google for his portrait just to see it larger and found this http://nattzvart.deviantart.com/art/Coran-Facelift-39842839, which is more what Coran should probably look like.

I approve.

Also, Shar-Teel was really kicking some rear end there before The Weave decided to take her life. She was killing at the Kivan level!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Slaan posted:

See, even the Weave knows that Shar-teel is terrible! :woop:

It's just trying to balance out her excellence in combat. It couldn't do that to Kivan cause he was never close enough to target.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Oh man we have to use that portrait, it's perfect.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Poor Shar-teel, she was too strong and graceful for this world.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

JGBeagle posted:

Shar-Teel will probably die in the next big fight anywho. :v:

:smug:

And now we get to enjoy Bub and his lack of talking. Which will be good, since this appears to be Coran's time to shine.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Coran is Terrible. He's like the face of Reddit. Unfunny jokes. Unrealistic Boasting of his prowess. Racism. And he won't go for a girl with a certain level of charisma, despite not having the highest charisma himself.

He's got 13, which is more than Syv has.

happinessSam posted:

Well, Kivan took Kivan's bow with him (no one else can use it) and Shar-Teel was holding the Strong Arm +2. So I had to give Coran Kivan's old Composite Long Bow +2.

And I can change the portrait to the one you have found if there are no objections.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Vorgen posted:

And I can change the portrait to the one you have found if there are no objections.
It's actually a reasonable portrait, so I say use it.

:sassargh: $#@&, with the new look, you won't need to be drunk anymore.

Shei-kun fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Apr 23, 2012

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Vorgen posted:

He's got 13, which is more than Syv has.
In the vanilla game he has a 16 charisma. The only NPCs with a higher charisma than him are Ajantis and Safana.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Factor_VIII posted:

In the vanilla game he has a 16 charisma. The only NPCs with a higher charisma than him are Ajantis and Safana.

It's the Huntsman class. It is -3 to charisma.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

Vorgen posted:

Anything that makes Coran look less like a middle aged transvestite is a great idea.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Vorgen posted:

That's pretty badass for a pack mule.

Coran's a douche. I like Shar-Teel better. On the other hand, I am looking forward to this legendary romantic rivalry between him and Xan.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Vorgen posted:

:angel: There are no objections.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

:twisted: No, Syvishtara, you must learn to appreciate inner beaubwawhahah got you there for a moment. Indulge yourself! This elf has got pleasantness, if little of strength or grace.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Vorgen posted:

My magic is always getting my friends killed. Why does the Weave act like that? Why does it lash out against... wait. The Weave doesn't do things for no reason, does it. Maybe she deserved it.

Never a truer word spoken.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

:twisted: No, Syvishtara, you must learn to appreciate inner beaubwawhahah got you there for a moment. Indulge yourself! This elf has got pleasantness, if little of strength or grace.

His dexterity suggests he's graceful as gently caress.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I think the weave has spoken true. We must leave Shar-Teel behind for it is not her time on the battlefront still.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
:devil::There are no objections to this face-lift. But know that such bloodmagic will have its... price in the future, Syvishtara.

vv :arghfist::devil:You are next, fool!

Slaan fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 23, 2012

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Slaan posted:

:devil::There are no objections to this face-lift. But know that such bloogmagic will have its... price in the future, Syvishtara.

Bloogmagic? Didn't think that school was available to us.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Coran seems like a complete douche, but hey, why not?

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

Coran is Terrible. He's like the face of Reddit. Unfunny jokes. Unrealistic Boasting of his prowess. Racism.

I dunno. I kinda like him for now. To me it sounds as if his tales of douchebaggery and apparent racism are his way of testing you, because he doesn't seem to take himself very serious at all. We will see.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Choronzons son posted:

I dunno. I kinda like him for now. To me it sounds as if his tales of douchebaggery and apparent racism are his way of testing you, because he doesn't seem to take himself very serious at all. We will see.

He takes nothing seriously. There is a way to "redeem" him through the romance, but the BG1 NPC Project very much tries to write him as a charming, devil-may-care free-spirited swasbuckler sort.

Sejs Cube
Jan 29, 2009

Steal back Death? That sounds ... tricky.

Brainamp posted:

Bloogmagic? Didn't think that school was available to us.
It's a blog about blood magic! :v:

Also, unrelated, gently caress that mod that reduces Coran's dex and Kagain's con. Oh, your unique NPC thing is a stat point? Too bad!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Cythereal posted:

He takes nothing seriously. There is a way to "redeem" him through the romance, but the BG1 NPC Project very much tries to write him as a charming, devil-may-care free-spirited swasbuckler sort.

And yet we made him a Huntsman, not a Swashbuckler. For shame, BWP thread voters. For shame.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

sebzilla posted:

And yet we made him a Huntsman, not a Swashbuckler. For shame, BWP thread voters. For shame.

People wanted an Alt. Kivan, which a Swashbuckler most certainly is not.

Sejs Cube
Jan 29, 2009

sebzilla posted:

Brainamp posted:

People wanted an Alt. Kivan, which a Swashbuckler most certainly is not.
To be fair, Original Coran is basically the best archer in the game. He shows up with a 20 Dex (when 19 would be the normal racial maximum even for races with a dex bonus) and three dots in Bow (when as a fighter/thief his maximum should be two dots). I suspect a decent number of votes were reflecting that.

Plus, you know, the dude was out hunting wyverns solo. Fair's fair.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
So I spent the last week or two reading this from the beginning. I was never able to really get into Baldur's Gate, so I'm very happy this thread exists. I'm hopeful that the Enhanced Edition is as awesome as all of you hope it is.

You're doing a really great job here, so please keep it up and don't get burned out. :)

I have a question about Haiass, though. He seems to die an awful lot and I wasn't sure if that was just going to keep happening or get worse as the game went on. I realize he can't be that amazing since he doesn't take up a party slot, but at the same time it's depressing. :(

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Well, Haiass is going to be able to level up once more when we cross the bridge to get into Baldur's Gate. However, the content we have to deal with will also continue to be harder. So yes, he'll probably keep dying a lot. Eventually you all might want me to just keep him safe by telling him to wait at an inn. I guess I'll bring up that for a vote one of these days.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I've got a question about other characters/people/monsters we can bribe. We seem to have an absolute ton of gems floating around, and it would be nice to put them to use in bribing some of the good people and monsters of the world.

Would it be possible to get a vote in the next topic as to whom we should lavish our goodies upon? I think it would be great if we could bribe an ogre into the party or perhaps another NPC that looks interesting.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I vote we bribe Sarevok.

Sejs Cube
Jan 29, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

I vote we bribe Sarevok.
That might interfere with being able to end the game, depending on when we bribe him.

So I vote that we break the game by bribing him and making him fight himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

PotatoManJack posted:

Would it be possible to get a vote in the next topic as to whom we should lavish our goodies upon? I think it would be great if we could bribe an ogre into the party or perhaps another NPC that looks interesting.

I haven't tried to bribe any hostile mobs. I don't know if it is possible. We could try. Also we could try to bribe any non-hostile NPC we see around. If you have any suggestions just say it and if there's support for the idea I'll try to pull it off, as I tried with Sir BillyBob.

• Locked thread