Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Cythereal posted:

The only guy who names a spell in the BG series who's actually from the Forgotten Realms, I think, is Larloch, a super-powerful lich.

I think a few of the Symbul's spells are added by some mod or other, too, aren't they?

(For those who don't now who she is, she's another of Mystra's Chosen and ruler of a country, known commonly as the Witch Queen.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Serifina posted:

I think a few of the Symbul's spells are added by some mod or other, too, aren't they?

(For those who don't now who she is, she's another of Mystra's Chosen and ruler of a country, known commonly as the Witch Queen.)

I wasn't counting mod-added spells, as there are so many mods that add them and I've never tried to play with the BWP.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Cythereal posted:

I wasn't counting mod-added spells, as there are so many mods that add them and I've never tried to play with the BWP.

Ah. Yeah, for normal BG, I think Larloch's is the only FR-based named spell. I've played quite a bit of modded BG, though, I admit, and I'm used to the additional spells.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

There's also Khelbens Warding Whip and Khelbens Blackstaff. You can get a quest from Khelben in one of these mods so he's a Final Realms guy, right?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Vorgen posted:

There's also Khelbens Warding Whip and Khelbens Blackstaff. You can get a quest from Khelben in one of these mods so he's a Final Realms guy, right?

Oh Vorgen, you silly. Yes Khelben Blackstaff is a Forgotten Realms character. He's a Harper, or was a Harper or whatever.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

caleramaen posted:

Oh Vorgen, you silly. Yes Khelben Blackstaff is a Forgotten Realms character. He's a Harper, or was a Harper or whatever.

Serious spoilers if you care about FR:

I haven't read it, but in recent literature Khelben was destroyed doing Something Tremendously Heroic, but his wife (and another Chosen of Mystra) Laeral is pregnant with his twins. About time, too, as they'd only been together for a few centuries. So Hope Springs Eternal and blah blah blah

Khelben was never quite as obnoxious as Elminster. He's kind of a guy who acts like a dick and is rather imperious, but overall a decent bloke. Apparently the tough guy act is just an act, which makes sense if you're in a position of power I suppose.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

JustJeff88 posted:

Serious spoilers if you care about FR:

I haven't read it, but in recent literature Khelben was destroyed doing Something Tremendously Heroic, but his wife (and another Chosen of Mystra) Laeral is pregnant with his twins. About time, too, as they'd only been together for a few centuries. So Hope Springs Eternal and blah blah blah

Khelben was never quite as obnoxious as Elminster. He's kind of a guy who acts like a dick and is rather imperious, but overall a decent bloke. Apparently the tough guy act is just an act, which makes sense if you're in a position of power I suppose.

I rather liked Khelben. He could be a bit of a dick, but unlike Elminster, he actually had a place in Waterdeep and took his responsibilities seriously. A little too seriously, sometimes, maybe, but he didn't gallivanting around the realms doing gently caress-all on a regular basis.

(Also, I was first exposed to him via the Harper series and especially the Arilyn Moonblade books, which I really enjoyed, so...)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Serifina posted:

I rather liked Khelben. He could be a bit of a dick, but unlike Elminster, he actually had a place in Waterdeep and took his responsibilities seriously. A little too seriously, sometimes, maybe, but he didn't gallivanting around the realms doing gently caress-all on a regular basis.

(Also, I was first exposed to him via the Harper series and especially the Arilyn Moonblade books, which I really enjoyed, so...)

I also enjoyed the Arilyn books - Danilo cracked me up. Elaine Cunningham knows how to write good characters.

More potential spoilers:

My favourite moment in the series is in the first book (Elfshadow?) when Arilyn finally figures out that Danilo isn't an empty-headed fop and dandy. She looks at him very shrewdly and says (I paraphrase) "Who are you, Danilo Thann? What sort of man lies under those silks and fine flattery?" To which Danilo replies in his own inimitable fashion "A naked one, in fact, but feel free to not take my word for it."

That is humour.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

JustJeff88 posted:

I also enjoyed the Arilyn books - Danilo cracked me up. Elaine Cunningham knows how to write good characters.

More potential spoilers:

My favourite moment in the series is in the first book (Elfshadow?) when Arilyn finally figures out that Danilo isn't an empty-headed fop and dandy. She looks at him very shrewdly and says (I paraphrase) "Who are you, Danilo Thann? What sort of man lies under those silks and fine flattery?" To which Danilo replies in his own inimitable fashion "A naked one, in fact, but feel free to not take my word for it."

That is humour.

Yes. That was an excellent moment. It's why those books remain some of my favorites out of all of the FR novels. (Elfshadow was the first, with Elfsong and Silver Shadows happening simultaneously later.) Hell, Danilo was basically exactly my idea of a nobleman adventurer - or rather, an adventurer who maintained his image and status as a nobleman instead of abandoning or ignoring it (which is what most stories about such characters do).

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

caleramaen posted:

HA! Final Realms was the first MUD I ever played. It was centered on the town of Daggerford. My bad.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Vorgen posted:

HA! Final Realms was the first MUD I ever played. It was centered on the town of Daggerford. My bad.

Oh god. MUDs. :stare: The memories...

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I believe the character sheet notes for Elminster (and Mordenkainen, among others) states that they know all Arcane Spells, period. Mordenkainen also has a blurb that says he knows them the moment they are discovered. Also, he's not limited to Greyhawk spells. He just knows all arcane spells from all the planes, period.

Playtest characters are pretty much gods.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Shei-kun posted:

I believe the character sheet notes for Elminster (and Mordenkainen, among others) states that they know all Arcane Spells, period. Mordenkainen also has a blurb that says he knows them the moment they are discovered. Also, he's not limited to Greyhawk spells. He just knows all arcane spells from all the planes, period.

Playtest characters are pretty much gods.

Still, they're at least theoretically mortal. Unlike some settings which simply don't list stats for their metaplot characters.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Cythereal posted:

Still, they're at least theoretically mortal. Unlike some settings which simply don't list stats for their metaplot characters.

But considering the rulebook creep that D&D 3.5 went through it was just a question of time before everything got stated out. I mean if they stated pretty much all the gods why not the author inserts?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The funniest part was that when they introduced the stats for the gods, the DC for Lolth's poison was lower than some of the ones in the actual monster manual for a few of the giant insect/bug/vermin creatures, and had a weaker effect if the save was failed.

Seriously. It's like nobody paid attention.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Does Elminster actually have any spells in-game? I know we can stuff him with scrolls anyway, I'm just curious.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Pizdec posted:

Does Elminster actually have any spells in-game? I know we can stuff him with scrolls anyway, I'm just curious.

Guess we'll be finding out. It'll depend mostly on how the modder thinks, though, since there's no guarantee that the one in Ulgoth's Beard is a clone of the standard version or an entirely new creation. My own copy of the game is nowhere close to hand, but from what I could find online, there is an unconfirmed report that the original copy of Elminster in Baldur's Gate has 99 slots for every spell level. No word on which spells he had available, sadly.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Guess we'll be finding out. It'll depend mostly on how the modder thinks, though, since there's no guarantee that the one in Ulgoth's Beard is a clone of the standard version or an entirely new creation. My own copy of the game is nowhere close to hand, but from what I could find online, there is an unconfirmed report that the original copy of Elminster in Baldur's Gate has 99 slots for every spell level. No word on which spells he had available, sadly.

I think we can safely say that a bitch ain't one.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

amanasleep posted:

I think we can safely say that a bitch ain't one.

This is Elminster. Several probably are.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Cythereal posted:

This is Elminster. Several probably are.

Sorry, must have been thinking of Gandalf.

Benjifer
May 28, 2012
Going back a bit, but a lot of the mages who have spells named after them are from some of the original games where Gygax and his friends were playing. One of my favourite parts of those tales is how lame some of the names were. Melf was picked literally because the top of the character sheet said Male Elf (M Elf, right?). Mordenkainen was taken from mythology and Gygax himself had about three or four characters all named with the suffix -igby (Bibgy, Rigby and Digby are the ones I can think of...) There was even one character who actually had six-shooters (can't remember the name though).

Larloch is Forgotten Realms, so is Abi-Dalzim. I think Aganazzar might be too. Back in 2nd edition, those spells were FR exclusive too.

Elminster is the original definition of a gay multi class. He had levels in Fighter, Cleric and Thief before becoming a Mage. Drizzt is similar, having about 16 levels in Fighter and a couple in Barbarian (and even one in Wizard I think) before becoming a ranger.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Sorry, what does ridiculous multi-classing have to do with homosexuality? I'm confused.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Let's please stay focused on the ridiculousness of 2nd edition DnD and not get into a semantics slapfight.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Vorgen posted:

Let's please stay focused on the ridiculousness of 2nd edition DnD and not get into a semantics slapfight.

Indeed

Benjifer posted:

Drizzt is similar, having about 16 levels in Fighter and a couple in Barbarian (and even one in Wizard think) before becoming a ranger.

I used to have the 2nd ed Menzoberranzan box set, and the stats for Drizzt in there broke all the rules. He was a level 18 warrior, I recall, which makes sense if you look at his past as an elite swordsman. On top of that, he was a level 15 ranger. So, he was sort of a dual-class but not really, and he had 90-some hit points, so about what a level 18 fighter with a 15 con would have, but not nearly what, say, a 18 fighter/15 ranger would have in edition 3+. On top of that, though, he had a bunch of special abilities. I remember one is that, if he makes his to-hit roll by at least 4, any humanoid enemy size L or smaller has to roll some kind of save or immediately die. It's kind of silly, but at the same time it made him seem really deadly, which is rather true and kind of the point.

Edit: Found a pdf, actually... he has a percentage chance, adjusted up or down based on level difference, to kill outright on a hit if he makes his attack roll by more than 5. Also, he has insane MS/HiS (which is possible for high-level rangers in 2nd ed, to be fair) and can backstab for 5x damage.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 6, 2013

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

JustJeff88 posted:

Indeed

I used to have the 2nd ed Menzoberranzan box set, and the stats for Drizzt in there broke all the rules. He was a level 18 warrior, I recall, which makes sense if you look at his past as an elite swordsman. On top of that, he was a level 15 ranger. So, he was sort of a dual-class but not really, and he had 90-some hit points, so about what a level 18 fighter with a 15 con would have, but not nearly what, say, a 18 fighter/15 ranger would have in edition 3+. On top of that, though, he had a bunch of special abilities. I remember one is that, if he makes his to-hit roll by at least 4, any humanoid enemy size L or smaller has to roll some kind of save or immediately die. It's kind of silly, but at the same time it made him seem really deadly, which is rather true and kind of the point.

Edit: Found a pdf, actually... he has a percentage chance, adjusted up or down based on level difference, to kill outright on a hit if he makes his attack roll by more than 5. Also, he has insane MS/HiS (which is possible for high-level rangers in 2nd ed, to be fair) and can backstab for 5x damage.

Well don't leave us hanging! Screenshot it?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

The Iron Rose posted:

Well don't leave us hanging! Screenshot it?

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
:downswords::fh:

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

So is there any rules explanation for why Drizzt could just *decide* to become a ranger after being an 18th level fighter?

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Vorgen posted:

So is there any rules explanation for why Drizzt could just *decide* to become a ranger after being an 18th level fighter?

Plot.

Rules/mechanics, not that I know of. Only humans can dual-class. Admittedly, he might have originally been under 1st edition which may handle things differently, but I don't think that changed.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Frankly Drizzt's 3rd edition stats make a hell of a lot more sense rules wise. I guess the power of Mielikki transformed him.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

caleramaen posted:

Frankly Drizzt's 3rd edition stats make a hell of a lot more sense rules wise. I guess the power of Mielikki transformed him.

Yeah, as a 3rd edition character, he's just multiclassed like 3 ways. But he's only a 16th level character instead of having dual-classed through 30 levels or whatever.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

24 Marpenoth, 1370

There's something that I'd like to try, now that I'm rich. I'd like to have a little conversation with Elminster. So it's off to Ulgoth's Beard once again!

When we get there, Elminster is still hanging out. Perhaps he's spending time with Dushai?

He may have nothing to say to me, but I definitely have something to say to him.

We give everything we have to give.

And it is enough to...

Well, he seems to smile more. I suggest that he join us.

But he declines.

Gameplay note: I ended up adding him to the party, but he was a level 29 [ Innocent ] class nothing with 100% magic resistance. We can get nothing from him.

Then, I decide that we should probably check to see if we can upgrade any of this loot we've gotten. I think we should stop by Thalantyr and that dwarf in the Friendly Arm Inn. We've got the cash, after all.

It takes us a while to get to High Hedge.

Then we step into the Armory for a moment to scoop up everything.

Gameplay note: It takes me forever to load up all of my equipment from the pocket plane and stuff it in a bag of holding.

When we get back, I decide to speak to Melicamp first.

Normally, I would not admit to having access to such knowledge, since Thalantyr would certainly have me dismissd from this manor, but since I am in your debt for releasing me from my mishap... yes, I have read on certain Underdark crafts.

I recently acquired this deteriorating piece of armor. What do you make of it?

Hmmm... drow metals, if I am not mistaken. Still with some magical properties left, but quickly diminishing, I am afraid. You see, weapons, armor, and almost everything made in the Underdark will recede under the light of the sun... However...

Yes?

I believe that I can, um, salvage some of the magic left in the armor, if I had just the right components to work with... like simple garments with minor enchantments. Yes... yes! I think it is indeed possible! Come back to me with several of these robes and I will craft something for you!

All right. I will see to it right away.

I make sure I have everything with me, and then talk to him again.

Gameplay note: I have gathered a freaking ton of wizard robes that have been sitting in the Armory for forever. Now that I speak to Melicamp again, I have three options.

Gameplay note: I guess choosing the option with the most will give me the best armor? But hmm, I wonder if Thalantyr will offer to do anything with these robes. Let me check him out.

Hmmm?... Drow craftsmanship, no doubt. Yes, it is of some use. But not to me. My former apprentice once sought to study such materials, but after the unfortunate incident of his polymorphism, I do not think he would delve into similar experiments again.

Hmmm. So only Melicamp will do something with these mage robes.

Do I have anything you could alter?

Show me what you have, and I'll tell you if it can be altered.

Can you do anything with this Mage Robe?

Yes, if you bring me a Mage Robe of Fire Resistance, a Mage Robe of Cold Resistance, a Mage Robe of Electrical Resistance, a Knave's Robe, a Traveler's Robe, and an Adventurer's Robe, I can make you a very good item. I will also need a Potion of Invulnerability, a Potion of Defense, and 5,000 gold as payment for my work. Should I make this item for you?

Gameplay note: Ok, I did a lot of research, and here are the options. If we take Thalantyr up on his offer, we get the Mage Robe: Practical Protection.

Gameplay note: Then we can also use the remaining robes to get Melicamp to make a Lesser Robe of Resistance.

Gameplay note: We can also use a medium-size selection of robes with Melicamp to get The Scholar's Robe. That would not leave enough robes to make anything else, though.

Gameplay note: But if we give all the robes to Melicamp, we get The Steel Robe.

Gameplay note: So I decide to go whole-hog with Melicamp. We have already made one Practical Protection robe anyways.

These are all the robes with minor enchantments that I could gather. Can you use them with the drow armor?

Yes, indeed! It must have taken you quite some time to acquire all of these, but I dare say it will be worth it! Um, however, another, minor requirement of, um, 10,000 gold, and a small detail to discuss. The master is quite unaware of our plans and will be fairly mad once he finds out that we used his spell components for something such as this. The gold should compensate for any and all oher components we shall use. Hehe. *cluck* As for the small detail, there is the slightest chance that the spell will, um, destroy all the components instead of meld them together. *cluck*

I believe it is a risk worth taking, Melicamp. Let us do it.

All right, then! Place the robes here and stand aside until I finish the incantation.

There! This, by far, has been my greatest and, quite frankly, my only magical creation! May it serve you well in your journeys, Syvishtar.

He successfully creates for us The Steel Robe.

Gameplay note: The Robe of Dh'arlo'me gives us 75% magic resistance, though, so I think I'll stick with that.

Then we speak with Thalantyr about other, more mundane upgrades.

Show me what you have, and I'l tell you if it can be altered.

Can you do anything with these Gauntlets?

Let's look... Yes, if you bring me Gauntlets of Weapon Skill and Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise, you'll get an item which will not disappoint you. I'll also need Bracers of Defense AC7, a Potion of Defense, and 5,000 gold as payment for my work. Should I make this item for you?

Yes, make it for me.

He gives us a great pair of gauntlets.

But we don't stop there.

I have a Dagger of Venom. Certainly you can make something of it.

Yes, I can improve its fighting capabilities. For that I need a Dagger +2, an Oil of Speed, and a spoiled Antidote. And as payment I'll take only 4,000 gold. Should I make this item for you?

Yes, make it for me.

He does, and it looks good.

Can you do anything with this Ring of Protection +1?

Yes, I can make you one Ring of Protection +2 from two Rings of Protection +1. I will also need one Diamond and two Pearls. As payment, I'll take only 4,000 gold. Should I make this item for you?

Yes, make it for me.

We end up making 2 of them.

I have a Cursed Berserking Sword +3. Certainly you can make something from it.

Why, of course I can! I can remove the curse and make its fury more useful to you. I will need two Scrolls of Remove Curse and two Scrolls of Horror. As payment, I'll take only 3,000 gold. Should I make this item for you?

Yes, make it for me.

We make another Sword of Rage.

Can you do anything with this Ring of Free Action?

Yes, on your choice I could combine a Ring of Free Action with a Ring of Protection +1, or +2. I'll also need a Potion of Defense and a Potion of Freedom. As payment, I'll take only 4,000 gold. Should I make this item for you?

Yes, make the Ring of Free Action +2 for me.

We use the two Rings of Protection +2 that we made previously to make two Rings of Free Action +2. Great!

That's all that Thalantyr can make for us. We move on to the Friendly Arm Inn.

Well then Syvishtar lets see what ye have. I kin only forge certain items ye know.

Sure go ahead and take a look.

How about this butter knife? I can not think of many uses for it.

Butter knife? Ye jokin' right? Oh I see now its the Butter Knife of Balduran! I kin forge this baby so its no longer a plain butter knife. It will work just like a mithril dagger. All I need besides this is a dagger and 5,000 gold pieces. How about it?

Sure thing. Go ahead and make it.

He gets to work, and when he's done, we have a fine dagger with us indeed!

How about the Spider's Bane Sword? Any way this can be improved?

The Spider's Bane Sword? This sword and a dead spider's body I kin make it so the sword does poison damage. Ha ha dish the poison back at the spiders, poetic justice no? Any how I be needin 5000 gold pieces for this work. How about it?

A dead spider's body eh? I go on a quick hunt and Kagain and I find one.

And with that, we get the Improved Spider's Bane.

Anything you can do with this scimitar?

This +2 scimitar combined with the Boots of Sped I kin make it so ye be under the spell Haste while ye 'ave this sword on ya. All I need besides this is 5,000 gold pieces. How about it?

He does. We get it back, all improved-like.

Gameplay Note: We could make more of these if we wanted to.

Anything you can do with the Ring of Fire Resistance?

Hmm I kin make it a more powerful ring but I need a few things to do that. A scroll of fire protection, a potion f fire resistance, plus 8,000 gold pieces and I kin enhance its protection properties. How about it?

When he gives it back to us, it's quite impressive.

Anything you can do with the Mail of the Dead chainmail?

Chainmail of the Dead ye say? Now that's what I like to hear, working with good old armor. Hmm, what kin I do to improve it... I know I kin make it offer better protection for ye. All I need besides this is a diamond, potion of defense, and 4,000 gold pieces. How about it?

He doesn't do a half-bad job.

Gameplay note: We have a lot more of these Chainmails. We just need some more Potions of Defense.

How about the Eagle Bow? Can you do anything with this?

A Eagle Bow +2? With this and a pair of Gauntlets of Dexterity I kin make this a powerful bow indeed. Ah yes also my fee of 3,000 gold pieces. How about it?

He pulls the whole thing off.

How about the Battle Axe +2? Can you do anything with this?

Ye want me to enhance this battle axe? Well that would be easy fer me but not fer ye. With 1,000 gold plus Kiel's Helm and his Wardstone from Durlag's Tower I'll make this axe give ya extra hit points. Sound like a good trade?

I look everywhere for Kiel's Wardstone, but I can't find it. Did I leave it in the tower?!

Yes. I did.

When we get back...

He upgrades the Battle Axe +2.

This streak of spending leaves me with only 17,775 gold. Hrm.

Finally, after all these upgrades, I've got one more quest today. I want to figure out why Kagain is so awesome. I sit down with him and we begin our analysis.

Gameplay note: Well, I was going to strip Kagain and give basic stats and then do a piece-by-piece equipment breakdown, but when I took everything off of him I found something strange.

Gameplay note: This is a naked Kagain. 100% resistance to everything except magic damage. Whaaaaa?! His Gladiator class is only supposed to give him +15% physical and elemental damage resistance, not 100%! Well, crap. I was in the mood for equipment analysis but not bug-fixing. I'm calling this chapter now.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ah, so it really WASN'T Elminister, it was just a clever imposter.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Welp, Kagain is immortal. I guess we know who the real god in this party is.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

So Kagain took a plunge bath in the Styx sometime? Neat.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Vorgen posted:

Finally, after all these upgrades, I've got one more quest today. I want to figure out why Kagain is so awesome. I sit down with him and we begin our analysis.

Gameplay note: Well, I was going to strip Kagain and give basic stats and then do a piece-by-piece equipment breakdown, but when I took everything off of him I found something strange.

Gameplay note: This is a naked Kagain. 100% resistance to everything except magic damage. Whaaaaa?! His Gladiator class is only supposed to give him +15% physical and elemental damage resistance, not 100%! Well, crap. I was in the mood for equipment analysis but not bug-fixing. I'm calling this chapter now.

That's no bug, that's just awesome.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
That's not a bug!
Actually in this particular instance of the BG series Kagain is your father.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Maybe Kagain accidentally got 15% damage reduction each level instead of once ever.

utonium
Dec 17, 2002
That rune on his chest isn't a K. On Kagain's world it means, "Hope."

Or it means "purple" or "bucket" or something I don't know I can't read that moon language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

utonium posted:

That rune on his chest isn't a K. On Kagain's world it means, "Hope."

Or it means "purple" or "bucket" or something I don't know I can't read that moon language.

It stands for :black101:, of course.

• Locked thread