Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Just imagine the devastation if one of Sarevok's cronies drops a Confusion in the mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Oh man after waiting for so long we're finally going to get stuck in good and proper!

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Sorry this took me so long to get out. There's another factor that contributes to my frustration now alongside the little dudes leaving the party and it taking forever to equip everyone - the game is now freezing randomly for no reason. I've lost a lot of equippages because i'd do 2 or 3 people and then the screen would freeze. That was quite frustrating. I'm looking forward to a brand-new install for BG2.

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
Poor Khalid and Jaheria. It was obvious they would have been happy to go with you, but some crappy bug makes it so they can't. :( I am a little sad they can't fight (and die) for you.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I am so loving looking forward to watching the body count rise on this.

Watch it end with absolutely nobody but Syvishtar standing at the end. :allears:

Living up to his/her heritage!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that the Sarevok fight is pretty trivial compared to most of the poo poo that's happened so far. Particularly with so many NPCs helping.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Vorgen posted:

Sorry this took me so long to get out. There's another factor that contributes to my frustration now alongside the little dudes leaving the party and it taking forever to equip everyone - the game is now freezing randomly for no reason. I've lost a lot of equippages because i'd do 2 or 3 people and then the screen would freeze. That was quite frustrating. I'm looking forward to a brand-new install for BG2.

IMO, 100% favor banging it out over fighting the tide of conflicting and probably untested BG1 endgame mods. How you handled the NPCs so far was pretty cool, for instance. The key story here isn't just Syv and the golden company, its ultimately Syv slogging through a nightmare monster-mash of a fanpatch and providing the only documented evidence of a person mad enough to finish BiG World. As a semi-iron(golden?)man wild mage no less.

I thought it was pretty neat how a bunch of BG2 NPC appearances have found a credible way to bow out of the final proceedings, though. Not all of them, but a surprising many.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The battle will soon begin :getin:

Glad you are back but a bummer about the random freezing. I am sure BWP is held together by a hope and prayer as it is. How frequently is it updated?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Out of rampant curiosity, can we get a spell list for Syv before the fight starts? I can only imagine what the goons can put together for opener spell salvo strategies. :hellyeah:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Blasphemaster posted:

Out of rampant curiosity, can we get a spell list for Syv before the fight starts? I can only imagine what the goons can put together for opener spell salvo strategies. :hellyeah:
If it isn't Random Spell or some variant of, it shouldn't be memorized :colbert:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Shei-kun posted:

If it isn't Random Spell or some variant of, it shouldn't be memorized :colbert:

Still, isn't it fun to guess?

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Wow, I guess you guys should be thanking the random crashes. Look what just happened in the ruins of the Undercity:

We find a vampire that talks among the ruins.

What?

Whoever you are you better step aside and tell me what all this is about.

You are in no place to make demands. Enough smooth talk, we will have two brotherly Bhaal hearts to fetch here today. Come now sisters, let us take on this one before we hunt Sarevok down.

Is everybody in the entire Realms gunning for Sarevok?! What could he possibly have done to piss off vampires.

Ugh. I don't even care what's going on, I just throw a Dispel Magic into the fight before it even begins. You know those vampires and their Domination, Energy Drains, and other associated crap.

Then I give them a horde of rabbits, because vampires deserve to fight hordes of rabbits. They're both vermin.

There's some energy drain and domination going on, so Imoen uses up her Dispel this time.

After the chain of bunny explosions, the vampires are weakened!

Velen comes after us, fast and slick as quicksilver. We hit her with lightning and fire, a cow, and Xan.

She attacks me directly, and I throw two full stacks of Chaos Blades in her face. She dies shredded.

The wyverns take out one Valen, but another remains. Unfortunately we are out of Dispel Magic. Unfortunate because Finch and Kagain are Dire Charmed.

Imoen tries to cast Hold Person on Kagain, but she fails. Because he kills her.

I try to remember how Dispel Magic goes, but get interrupted.

I try to go with Divine Wrath instead, but it opens a Gate!

I run away from the Gate, and Kagain turns from me to Xan. He kills the elf. No!

I turn back to see.... a Cornugon.

Holy poo poo my Divine Wrath has brought a demon! Oh Weave, what will I do now?

I move the battle east. Even though Kagain and Finch are mind-controlled now, that is no reason to let them be slaughtered by a demon.

Then something horrifying happens. Kagain rushes a weakened, limping Kivan. He jumps, raises his axe over his head, and completely obliterates the elf. Nothing remains.

Gameplay note: Ummm... you know how we've gone the entire game without anybody getting chunked? Well, Kagain just chunked Kivan. Holy poo poo. I can't believe its finally happened. And to Kivan?!

I try to remember how to cast Dispel Magic.

The second time, it works.

Gameplay note: Then the game crashes.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Vorgen posted:

Gameplay note: Ummm... you know how we've gone the entire game without anybody getting chunked? Well, Kagain just chunked Kivan. Holy poo poo. I can't believe its finally happened. And to Kivan?!

poo poo! :smith: Why couldn't it have been Xan?

Vorgen posted:

Gameplay note: Then the game crashes.

:stare: Sorry you have to do it all again, but... good. I like Kivan.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dispelling all of reality. Nice surge, there.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
And I was just about to start writing up a permanent death notice for Kivan in the Roll of the Dead, too.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
Holy crap. I didn't expect the first chunking to be at the hand of a party member! That's insane. Good thing it didn't actually happen! (At least it wasn't a romance option...)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Serifina posted:

(At least it wasn't a romance option...)

He will be in 2 if Syvishtara returns. :v:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Cythereal posted:

He will be in 2 if Syvishtara returns. :v:
He also has to survive the fight with Sarevok.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
He would have been if he wasn't chunks, you mean. I assume this means Minsc is in the final five, instead.

Crashes, shmashes, Kivan is permanently dead and Kagain killed him. :mad:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Goddamit Vorgen don't you ever stop again

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

4 Nightal, 1370

As we leave the sanctuary, prepared to track down Sarevok once and for all, Xan gives me that look.

I thought the exercise would steer my thoughts clear of you, but all things bright and beautiful only bring your image back, it seems.

*He looks back at the wreath, and you cannot help but notice that his fingers are caressing it with unusual fondness, and there is very soft expression on his face.* Of course, if you want it, you need but say a word.

I do.

*As he sets the wreath upon your head, Xan momentarily presses his cheek to your hair, drinking in its scent, and you hear him murmur something in Elven.*

Then we all check our weapons and equipment one more time before heading out... to Sorcerous Sundries! For the first time in my life, with all of my Golden Company equipped and kitted out, I feel comfortable in selling off all my extra equipment.

Gameplay note: It might help to lessen gameplay lag too.

We sell all the swords, all the sabers and staves, all the platemails and leathers, all the axes and clubs. After it is all over, I have 358,569 gold.

This is going to be a lot easier to carry!

I also pick up the spells Wraith Form and Vestcake's Floating Curse, which I had not been able to afford before.

Then we go to the Thieves' Guild once more, to finally take down the rabid armored dog of Sarevok once and for all.

We go down the stairs and find signs of carnage.

You've got me best wishes if you are hunting him down. Flew by me, he did, and only paused to stick me for the fun of it. Vicious bastard, he is. The traps ahead will likely claim him, even with that mage he has dragging along with him.

Traps be damned! They will not escape me!

Fitting last words if ever I have heard them. Go on then; run along. If you make it through to the Undercity alive I will be more than surprised. No skin off my nose either way, though I'd love to see you run Sarevok through. I'll just wait here to hear about it though, if you don't mind. I ain't fool enough to run that gauntlet in there. The maze has not seen a live person pass since it was built. Maintained by her undead creators you know. Cleaned by jellies too. Better get a move on. Off you go.

Where does the maze lead?

I don't rightly know, though it is said there is a city beneath this one. Some archaeologist smart-arsed sage might be able to tell you more about it. It's not a proper city down there, you understand. Just the remains. Not surprising, really. If the site that Baldur's Gate is built on is so appealing, it would figure that there would have been one built here before. I care little: nothing but dead down there now. Get moving.

I understand. Rest ye well.

Yeah, whatever. Just you be sure to give that Sarevok a shank o' steel.

Traps, eh? I let Imoen go first.

But she doesn't find traps, she finds green slimes.

We run to help her out.

Kagain is really good at this.

The winding passages soon start to feel monotonous.

I really wish we could climb up this ladder.

There are more oozes.

No wonder this place is so clean.

A single hopeless Doomguard stands in my way.

He doesn't last long.

Around you I almost feel that we have a chance.

You candor is appreciated.

Two skeleton warriors the next corridor over don't seem to be much of a threat either.

The Lightning trap just in front of them does take a few bits of skin off of Kagain though.

The Fireball trap just after that also hurts. I groan.

Imoen starts cleaning things up though.

While the dwarf and the elf clean the undead up.

We come to a fork in the maze.

I choose the nearer right-hand turn.

It leads us into the embrace of an invisible stalker.

And a dead end. Xan takes out the stalker, but can do nothing for the end.

I am yours, 'til death comes for us both.

Uh, thanks Meta Infernum. You're the best!

We come to another crossroads, but the way seems clear.

At the end of the hall we find another dying body.

What was your role in this? Why did you help him if you knew you were to be cast aside?

What was my role? I was Sarevok's mentor, and tutored him in the blackest of rituals. If he were to succeed there is no doubt I would be among the dead, but my name would live on in his wake. There are things beyond death if you die in the right fashion, and how could there not be a place in history for the architect that shaped the actions of the ascending Lord of Murder? You would not understand; you were born to affect the Realms. The rest of us must carve our own place by whatever means necessary.

Ascending? What was he planning? The war with Amn makes no sense.

You must know his plan by now. You have practically followed his every move. Likely you are driven by the same desires as well, though you have channeled them in a different fashion. No, war with Amn was not his true goal; Sarevok is no profiteer. The slaughter was all he wanted, with enough lives lost in the initial battles to ignite the fire in his own divine blood. He thought death on the appropriate scale would cause him to ascend. Perhaps he would have, but who can really say? If you have the arrogance of a god and can kill like a god, who's to say you are not a god?

I will prove he is not! Where has he gone to hide?

Oh, Sarevok is not intent on hiding. You have stripped him of any pretense; there is no longer any point in him maintaining his respectable veneer. Only the most fanatical or fearful of his allies stand by him now. He will gather what resources he can and move on. Of course he knows that you must come to confront him and that it is to his advantage to choose the battleground. There is an altar in the Undercity; it was to be where the ritual would take place, but now serves as his last refuge. If you do not go to him, he will strike at you at his leisure.

You shall live to see all of his plans crumble.

Your "charity" is admirable. You have definitely taken a separate path than Sarevok, though I wonder if it shall truly matter in the end. Leave me, I am no longer a threat to you or anyone. I'm just going to rest here a while.

We do leave him, and enter the door he lies beside.

We eventually climb down to see an abandoned city, hidden from the upper world for ages long past.

Xan speaks then.

When... if... it is over, I will have to abandon you for a few weeks. A long time, I know, but I see no other way. I have to report on my mission... and ask my superiors' permission to leave. I am going to resign.

Can't I come with you?

I wish it were possible, but given your parentage, it is not.

Gameplay note: drat, pureblood iceburn!

If we lose the battle, there is no future. But if we win, this short separation will mean nothing. It might be dangerous for you to stay in the city: too many suspect your true lineage. But wherever your mad destiny hurls you - wilderness, city, or dungeon - I... I'll find you, and we'll walk together again. I promise. *sigh* That, or you might start looking for my dead body in a few months.

And the last thing, before the darkness descends... I love you. From the Nashkel mines to the Undercity, to the grave and beyond, in the Dreamscape and in the Prime - I love you, and I always will. Come. It is time.

Kivan also has something to say. Unusual, and shocking, but true.

May the gods indeed have mercy; I won't.

Let's end this.

I need to know this battlefield. I reach through the weave for a rough approximation of Farsight.

Oops. Okay, maybe Imoen should go out and scout. She casts Invisibility and begins her task.

She finds water and old, abandoned dwellings.

She also finds undead.

A smart one would just keep walking, but Imoen attacks!

Gameplay note: Actually one of my puppies stepped on the keyboard.

We hear her call out for help and all rush to her aid.

At this point in our lives, the undead do not cause us fear.

After this, we decide to patrol together, around the perimeter first.

We find the back of a creepy old church.

Some more random undead.

In fact this place seems to be cursed with them.

Further into the city we are even attacked by vampires!

Kivan is temporarily dominated, and Xan tries to put him down.

Finch shouts out "no!" and throws a Dispel Magic at Kivan instead. It washes over all of us, freeing Kagain as well, and we all continue fighting the vampire.

The vampires seem to have learned from their first encounter, because they Dominate Finch right away for the second!

Imoen throws out her Dispel this time, as we chunk the vamp.

Finch heals everyone, and we cautiously look around.

We are obviously not safe, so we buff up a bit before continuing our patrol of this undead city.

We soon come across others who seem to be doing the same thing.

You have a strong hatred of him then? He doesn't seem to be that skilled at making friends. I am Rahvin, in the employ of the Iron Throne. My companions and I have traveled from Sembia to learn what has been happening to our operations in Baldur's Gate. It seems that Sarevok has been quite busy, murdering Rieltar and any other who got in his way. What he's done to you is anyone's guess... Wait! I recognize you now. You're Syvishtar! Ahhh... so you've come down here to end your crusade against the Iron Throne. Well, it'll be simple enough to dispatch you before we do Sarevok. My superiors will be quite happy to learn of your demise.

Gameplay note: I don't remember these guys being here before...

I am about to cast a spell to end all of this before it starts, but it looks like the Iron Throne came prepared...

Everyone strikes Rahvin first - Flame of the Heavens, Lightning orb, magic missile, arrows - all fly to him.

Kivan lands the killing shaft.

Finch casts a Dispel to strip the protections away from a mage to walked right up to us. She gets the spell off, but a summoned Dire Bear kills her immediately after. Also, Xan takes out another mook.

Another mage in the back is casting something, so I throw some more magic missiles at her. She is interrupted. But I am chomped on by a bear!

Kivan charms the bear, but it is also Confused, as someone has cast Confusion on the party. It hasn't affected ALL of us.

The charmed, confused bear is still chomping on me, so I move away and try to reduce our enemies. I kill Wudei easily enough.

I also release Xan from his confusion.

All alone, Kagain takes out one of the big, beefy dudes.

I kill the bear attacking Xan...

And finally, Kivan's wyvern takes out the last mage, Shadrissa.

Only one casualty here. I hope things are better against Sarevok.

Well, them custom officers here got sticky fingers. I was just thinking that a bargeload of goods might dock here and stay shy of 'em. But there's thieves up the stairs, and the river runs the wrong way for my trade, so it don't matter.

I see. And what has that to do with our mission here?

Nothin'. I was just ruminating 'bout later on, is all.

I resurrect Finch.

She immediately begins to heal others in the party.

We take our bearings and scout around further. Sarevok has got to be here somewhere.

But we just find more wraiths and shadows.

We walk down the main path, this time. We see a figure ahead, whose form becomes clear. It is Tamoko, again.

There is always a choice. Do not throw your life away.

There may always be choice, but the choosing has become unbearable. I have but two duties, and both leave me little hope. No, young on, I must face you now.

I will not harm you. You are not my enemy.

You must! I stand before you, I block your path! I am an obstacle that holds you back! You will free... you will fight me!

If you would throw your life away, then you are already dead. If that is your choice, then you do not need me.

You would quote philosophy to one that has lived with its tenets and struggled with faith? I do not need your lectures; the sound is hollow before it leaves your lips. You do not have the strength of character to make your words ring true. Defend yourself, for there is no other way. Chaos shall be sown in their passage, in the land and the hearts and minds.

A forest of gleaming blades comes into existence around her. We try to give her a swift death.

It is with a heavy heart that I cast random missiles at her.

Finch's second flamestrike releases Tamoko from her constant torment.

Shes does not look happy for it, and I understand. Sarevok did this to her.

The flow of battle joins some random wraiths to it.

But soon everyone is dead again. Only we remain.

I'm not sure why, but I have a desire to thoroughly search this forgotten city and lay all of these restless souls down to sleep again.

It is a thankless chore, but not of any real danger to us.

The temple, we find, has a winged skull as its motif.

This is probably where Sarevok is holed up. This is probably a temple to Our Father. That sounds... natural. Our Dread Father.

My musings are interrupted by more vampires. I gives them bunnies. Vampires always like bunnies, yah?

The vampires are of no consequence.

A little further along, and we find vampires that talk.

What?

Whoever you are you better step aside and tell me what all this is about.

You are in no place to make demands. Enough smooth talk, we will have two brotherly Bhaal hearts to fetch here today. Come now sisters, let us take on this one before we hunt Sarevok down.

Is everybody in the entire Realms gunning for Sarevok?! What could he possibly have done to piss off vampires.

The vampires attack us, trying to take Finch and Kagain for their own.

They succeed with Kagain, but my Dispel brings him back immediately.

I summon my bunny horde, and another rabbit holocaust begins.

Kagain is taken over a second time, and Imoen uses her Dispel on him. It brings him back to us... again. Kivan summons a wyvern, and I summon a flame elemental.

Kivan gets up to 3 wyverns, and I summon another elemental.

Best to distract these vampires with as many targets as possible.

Kivan takes out the first Valen vampire, and we are down to only 3.

As Xan moves in on the second Valen, Kagain is mind-controlled yet again. He turns to fight some gnolls that apparently showed up?

Finch is turned, but we also take out a second Valen. We are down to 2 left!

I lead the Valen attacking me and Finch off to one side and cast Divine Wrath. It hits them both.

The other Valen is getting surrounded by summoned creatures.

The assembled army takes out the third Valen, and turns on Kagain.

But I order them to take out my Valen instead. They rush her.

Eventually I take her out with Chaos Blades.

Then there is only dealing with Kagain and Finch. We do it by running away.

I don't want them to die, but I can't control them, so I leave them the elementals. They kill the earth elemental with surprising ease.

And the fire elemental doesn't fare much better.

I try to Dispel their charms safely, from a distance.

Hey, a dizzy blind dwarf is almost the same as one who isn't Dire Charmed, right?

I turn Finch into a squirrel too.

Things are looking incrementally better!

That was a noble deed.

Thanks Kivan!

I try one more time... and it works!

Finch is still a squirrel, though. But that's okay. We have time to rest.

And a squirrel, Finch. Don't forget that!

We rest, and Finch restores her own lost energy.

Then it's back into the undead city.

We find an old statue that looks kinda like Sarevok. Eerie.

We explore the rest of the ruined city, but we find no more undead.

In the end, we have nothing left to do but enter the old, long-forgotten temple.

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
:ducksiren: ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy :ducksiren:

Vorgen, I salute you on your noble efforts thus far. :patriot:

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Ok guys, we are finally, finally here. Because this is the last battle, I will play and record every attempt at killing Sarevok. Reality will split into a thousand different leaves and who knows which one will be the True Leaf? First I will follow the Golden Company Ambush strategy. If that doesn't work, I will try the Solo Bhaalchild Smackdown strategy second. Then the third attempt will be the Golden Company Suicide Charge. I will keep cycling these three strategies until all of them work. Then we can have one final vote - of which attempt is the canon attempt. Hopefully this won't take weeks, heh.

Blasphemaster posted:

Sure, why not?

Where the Wild Things Come From
Syvishtar's Spellbook

* * * * * * * * * * Level 1 * * * * * * * * * *

* * * * * * * * * * Level 2 * * * * * * * * * *

* * * * * * * * * * Level 3 * * * * * * * * * *

* * * * * * * * * * Level 4 * * * * * * * * * *

* * * * * * * * * * Level 5 * * * * * * * * * *

* * * * * * * * * * Level 6 * * * * * * * * * *
(Syvishtar can't cast spells of level 6 or above yet, except via Nahal's Reckless Dweomer)

* * * * * * * * * * Level 7 * * * * * * * * * *

* * * * * * * * * * Level 8 * * * * * * * * * *

* * * * * * * * * * Level 9 * * * * * * * * * *

stille
Oct 9, 2012
drat this is going to be beautiful.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
That group of Iron Throne adventurers is definitely a vanilla game encounter. The ludicrous encounter with 4 Valens is a definite mod addition.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I just wanna point out for everyone reading that in the base game, this little offhand mention that y'all likely skimmed over

quote:

Two skeleton warriors the next corridor over don't seem to be much of a threat either.

is, with the debatable contestant of the demon fight in Ulgoth's Beard depending on how good you are at cheesing stuff with Cloudkill: The Hardest Fight in Baldur's Gate One

Beefing your way through 170hp of 90% magic resistant low-THAC0 skeleton with magic enchanted claymores all in a clasutrophobic hallway playing hell with your marching order and PC pathfinding is a tall order even with endgame loot.

But instead we walked through them faster than it took Vorgen to write up for the thread and now we're about to fight Sarevok with level 9 spells castable through Nahal's. Peachy!!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I'd say at some point grab Sarevok with the Irresistible Attraction thing and then lay down a Thunderslap! :sotw:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Willie Tomg posted:

I just wanna point out for everyone reading that in the base game, this little offhand mention that y'all likely skimmed over

is, with the debatable contestant of the demon fight in Ulgoth's Beard depending on how good you are at cheesing stuff with Cloudkill: The Hardest Fight in Baldur's Gate One

Beefing your way through 170hp of 90% magic resistant low-THAC0 skeleton with magic enchanted claymores all in a clasutrophobic hallway playing hell with your marching order and PC pathfinding is a tall order even with endgame loot.

But instead we walked through them faster than it took Vorgen to write up for the thread and now we're about to fight Sarevok with level 9 spells castable through Nahal's. Peachy!!

It's okay, I predict no less than ten crashes during the final battle :v:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I guess I picked the right time to catch up with the thread, didn't I? Can't wait for this :dance:

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Oh my. I remember just a few short weeks ago, when Syvisthar only had a few spell slots and barely a Reckless Dweomer to his name. I can only imagine how it feels for everyone else, who has been here since the very beginning. Or Vorgen, whose been playing the whole big mess himself. Godspeed, you crazy Murderspawn! I look forward to the ensuing carnage.

Also, I suggest a fourth run strategy. Summon the entire Golden Company and then have Syvishtar do nothing but cast Confusion and similar spells. Let the bodies lie where the fall, for no matter their position they will fall before the Murderspawn!

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I kind of wonder why you don't cast Chaos Shield and Lucky Streak more often, Vorgen. It would definitely cut down on the cases of friendly fire. Also, have you learned all the spells from Rialto's spellbook?

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

I've learned all the spells that I can from Rhialto's spellbook. There are more, but I have to become a higher level to get them.

And I've been avoiding Chaos Shield and Paithan's Lucky Streak because I've been trying to embrace the randomness so far.

Crip Towe
Sep 7, 2012

Willie Tomg posted:

This. God I died a lot on those two. Was thinking exactly the same.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Ilyich posted:

That group of Iron Throne adventurers is definitely a vanilla game encounter. The ludicrous encounter with 4 Valens is a definite mod addition.
I just caught up again after I dropped the LP when it hit Durlags Tower (I hadn't played through that and didn't want to be spoiled at the time). It is a part of that spectacularly lovely Drizzt themed mod that went off right after where you killed the next games villain early (Which is what they are referring to).

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Ummm, there's been a... development. Good news and bad news really. The good news is that the final encounter with Sarevok has been modded. The bad news is that most everybody is dead now.

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009
In all the multiverses ? :v: On a sidenote, that can make good canon as most of them aren't BG II npc's anyway.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ubern00b posted:

In all the multiverses ? :v: On a sidenote, that can make good canon as most of them aren't BG II npc's anyway.
As long as Imoen lived basically.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Vorgen posted:

Ummm, there's been a... development. Good news and bad news really. The good news is that the final encounter with Sarevok has been modded. The bad news is that most everybody is dead now.

Tell me that at least Kagain lives

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Vorgen posted:

Oh my god this will be amazing :allears:

SO MANY DEAD.

Luckily, BGII has like ten billion potential party members to pick up. And for many of them we'll cheer when they get chunked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

The Golden Company prepares to advance on Sarevok:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM

• Locked thread