Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Oh hey, I didn't actually vote yet.

Option 4 to fill the Jovial Juggler and bum rush the final fight with a million NPCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

The weak should be culled.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Option 1 Edwin bugs the ever living poo poo out of me.

LTD
Sep 5, 2009
I hate it how I -always- end up making more or less similar choises on my playthroughs. Clearly it reflects my voting behaviour too. Forsooth,my chains are strong.

Miss Hime
Jun 14, 2008

Survival of the fittest and all that. I really hope it doesn't turn into 'let's beat each other with sticks because we've run out of memorised spells' though.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Here's how the votes stand right now:
code:
Which dialog option should we choose?

1:- A voice of reason at last.  ....
2:- A deal is a deal is a deal! 
3:- I trust neither of you.     .............
4:- Enough bickering.           ....................
I'll leave voting open for another day or so. This whole voting thing is truly fascinating. I think I love writing up this LP more than just simply playing the game.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

3 - pit fight

Survival of the fittest.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

3 PITFIGHT!!!

Sargeant Biffalot
Nov 24, 2006
Since we're getting the pitfight anyway may as well go for 4!

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on
Mental pit fight is bullshit. PIT FIGHT

Aesirstorm
Sep 16, 2002

NOT GAY
Dinosaur Gum
Pit Fight Let the weave decide.

Verklemptomaniac
Apr 23, 2008

I'm curious about the banter possibilities as well.

milhouse14
Sep 20, 2011
Pit fight

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011
4, we have to fill that inn!

And since we're getting the duel either way:

Miss Hime posted:

I really hope it doesn't turn into 'let's beat each other with sticks because we've run out of memorised spells' though.
I really hope it does :allears:

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
4 for the most Jovial of all Jugglers

But yeah, pit fight video anyway.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
We've got too drat many characters to keep track of as it is, and that's only going to get worse as the game progresses. Any opportunity to whittle down the roster through natural selection should be embraced! PIT FIGHT

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
I say go with 4 but them do the pit fight in a different save or something, like mentioned earlier.

I actually really like Edwin...but that's more in the second game. I honestly forgot the girl even existed, but that's probably because I've only played the first game twice or so and the second one a million times.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Well I'm torn. On the one hand there are banter possibilities abound, on the other there is a pit fight.

PIT FIGHT I just can't resist a good old duel to the death.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Hargrimm posted:

We've got too drat many characters to keep track of as it is, and that's only going to get worse as the game progresses. Any opportunity to whittle down the roster through natural selection should be embraced! PIT FIGHT

We could always just stop resurrecting people. That would whittle them down pretty quick.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vorgen posted:

We could always just stop resurrecting people. That would whittle them down pretty quick.

How will the temples stay in business if you stop resurrecting people? You're they're only hope of income in this world.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Ain't that the truth. Anybody interested in going through the LP so far and adding up how much we've spent on resurrections?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vorgen posted:

Ain't that the truth. Anybody interested in going through the LP so far and adding up how much we've spent on resurrections?

Going back through all the updates, you've spent around 3000 gold on resurrections alone, give or take a couple hundred.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Don't forget all of our gold keeps getting zapped thanks to the Wild Surges! :argh:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

We're already getting a bonus pitfight, no need to kill anyone. Besides, didn't we want that room full of heroes?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Slaan posted:

Don't forget all of our gold keeps getting zapped thanks to the Wild Surges! :argh:

It's been a while, but isn't there some way to store gold somewhere other than your pocket? Is there a bank, or can you give it to Imoen or something? Hell, is there something you can buy that keeps it's value well? You've lost quite a bit of gold on those stupid wild surges, there's gotta be a way to guard against that.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

There is no reason to kill off party members. Besides we could always see the bonus pit fight without the repercussions.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Slaan posted:

You would think after the first time He would have learned to distribute the money a bit. That way, if you get that roll you only lose a small amount of wealth, rather then a large chunk or all of your gold. That in mind, maybe you should keep your money in easily liquidatable assets. Rather then gold, keep it in gems. They don't get taken from you as easily.

Oh. Vote. Humm... 4. Keep em all, let the Jovial Juggler sort them out.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Captain Bravo posted:

It's been a while, but isn't there some way to store gold somewhere other than your pocket? Is there a bank, or can you give it to Imoen or something? Hell, is there something you can buy that keeps it's value well? You've lost quite a bit of gold on those stupid wild surges, there's gotta be a way to guard against that.

Nope, gold is a special value that is just there on the character sheet after you pick it up. You can't drop it or anything :(. And nothing I can buy will be worth even a significant fraction of its buy price. Its like I buy something for 100,000 gold and sell it back for maybe 15,000. I'll take my chances with the wild surges.

And yes, the wild surge doesn't destroy 100% of the gold, but more like 75-80%. Just enough to give you hope that you can get it back somehow...

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vorgen posted:

Nope, gold is a special value that is just there on the character sheet after you pick it up. You can't drop it or anything :(. And nothing I can buy will be worth even a significant fraction of its buy price. Its like I buy something for 100,000 gold and sell it back for maybe 15,000. I'll take my chances with the wild surges.

And yes, the wild surge doesn't destroy 100% of the gold, but more like 75-80%. Just enough to give you hope that you can get it back somehow...

I'm holding out hope for a wild surge that restores everything with interest.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Brainamp posted:

I'm holding out hope for a wild surge that restores everything with interest.

There are wild surges that put gems into my backpack. That happened once during the first or second update. It could happen again! I could get some diamonds or pearls or something.

GenVec
Mar 17, 2010
The Juggler is too crowded and the only character who has permanently left is Ajantis. This playthrough needs a few more hats on the floor.

Pit Fight.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Four. Let's see poo poo get stressful.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
4, because it'd be nice to have them all available.

Also if I'm remembering this right, something special happens in the BG1NPC mod if you manage to keep both of them in the party for a while. Not saying what it is but it's probably worth taking the pacifist route for that bit alone.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Brainamp posted:

How will the temples stay in business if you stop resurrecting people? You're they're only hope of income in this world.

Just wait until we start on the higher level content mods and everyone is going to get level drained.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Ok, here's the final tally:
code:
What should we choose?

1:- A voice of reason at last.  ...
2:- A deal is a deal is a deal! 
3:- I trust neither of you!     ..................
4:- Enough bickering.           ..................................
Our final choice will be making everybody play nice together. But I'll also make a video of the Edwin/Dynaheir fight. And...

Paranoid Peanut posted:

I'd vote for option 2, but I think Minsc alone would obliterate our whole party, so I'm going with option 4.

I'm curious about Dynaheir and Minsc vs. the whole party so I'll be doing that too!

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

I had the idea of creating a video and editing out all the pauses in order to make a fast and real-time rear end-kicking extravaganza. But I have been unable to find an adequate video editing solution for Ubuntu within the past 3 hours, so I'm giving up and going to bed.

However, I present to you an unedited 4:30 schooling of the party by Minsc as a consolation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLvi4u8IXas

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Vorgen posted:

I had the idea of creating a video and editing out all the pauses in order to make a fast and real-time rear end-kicking extravaganza. But I have been unable to find an adequate video editing solution for Ubuntu within the past 3 hours, so I'm giving up and going to bed.

However, I present to you an unedited 4:30 schooling of the party by Minsc as a consolation.

Technically Viconia got out alive, so he didn't kill the whole party. But stil....drat, Minsc! :eek:

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Vorgen posted:

Getting a wild surge that silenced Syvishtar didn't really help matters.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Guitar_Hero posted:

Getting a wild surge that silenced Syvishtar didn't really help matters.

Nor did Edwin hitting Kagain with Colour Spray right off the bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Wow I forgot how awesome Baldur's Gate's battle music is.

• Locked thread