Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

yeah get Minsc and keep him please, he's one of the best characters in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I think her 11 Constitution definitely balances the 20 strength and that sword. I do feel kinda sorry for you though, and I'd rather see Minsc in her spot anyway. So my vote is no, don't res her.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

1) Tell him to shut up.

2) Either res her and sleep with her, or kick her and get Minsc.

3) Kill Bassilus, get the bones for Melicamp, then follow the main questline straight to Baldur's Gate.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Replace Shar-teel with Ajantis

Something you'll need to be careful about (particularly with everything only granting 50% XP) is changing your party around too much and spreading out the XP too much. You may actually need to settle on a party before too long.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

-3 Bub, he's boring.

+2 Kagain just until we meet Minsc.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

You've got "Jaheira blesses us" in there, and I assume you mean either Gavin or Finch.

Also with Finch gone there's all the more reason to go and get Minsc.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

D - boring character. Im sure Shar-Teel and Minsc will get along.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

3 - pit fight

Survival of the fittest.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

+2 Finch
+1 Viconia
+1 Dynaheir
+1 Minsc

I think the current party with the addition of Finch for Edwin would be great. Imoen's getting enough votes I think.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

C - we already have a decent cleric in Finch, and Viconia really hasn't said much of interest. Xzar on the other hand seems to have lots of interesting new dialogue.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

No
No
Yes

Montaron and Eldoth died legitimately permanent deaths. Garrick not so much.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

3 - Jaheira is boring as hell.

B - Party balance dictates losing one of the three mages, and Edwin's more interesting than Dynaheir.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Explosion happens at -20 HP, so yeah it won't be long.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I'd say C looks the most like the male

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Vorgen posted:

Were going to be lost in a blizzard of special snowflakes soon enough. But if you guys want to have a non-special snowflake, there is always Hubelpot the vegetable merchant. He's a vegetable merchant, and starts as a level 1 druid in Shadows of Amn. He sells vegetables in Waukeens Promenade.

I helped beta test that mod many years ago, it was actually pretty good. The character himself is terrible, he's a level 1 druid and his stats are all around 8 or 9.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Anal Papist posted:

I can't remember this version of D&D particularly well but will he need a decent wisdom to even cast spells (wis needed 10 + spell lvl)? Starting out at lvl 1 doesn't seem too bad since he will get crap loads of XP when Vorgen is running about killing demi-liches, ancient vampires, and silly dragons left, right, and center. Although I guess you could keep him around just for shapeshifting?

I think his Wisdom is a bit higher, from memory

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Im somewhat expecting it to just be someone from this thread trolling.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

A, because I'm not playing the game so the movement rate means very little to me. Also her locks/traps skills are plenty high now and if you wait for level 7 that's an extra 20k XP, whereas if you do it now that 20k XP will get her 1/3 of the way to regaining her thief skills.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

+1 Viconia
+1 Keiria
+1 Skeezer
-2 Shar-Teel

YES

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

3 A Alpha

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

B

+2 Imoen
+2 Coran
+1 Yeslick

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I'd vote C with only Imoen's mage XP counting towards her total.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

-5 Squirrel

One is enough, and it should be the bear.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

My opinion is that you should get into the BG2 content ASAP, particularly if the BG1 stuff is starting to drag for you.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I vote for #2.

3 would interrupt the LP too much.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Keep in mind if this one goes to Syv, the next one will give +1 to AC. not that this is a serious issue, still thats my vote.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

+2 for Imoen
+2 for Finch
+1 for Xzar

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

BG2 has specific AC against slashing, crushing, piercing and missiles, so perhaps some of the AC is in those categories.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Pretty mich. With an AC of -17 you'll only be hit more than 5% of the time by creatures with a THAC0 of less than 3. That doesn't happen until mid BG2-level opponents.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

No - #3, this is way too early to be settling down.

voiceless anal fricative fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 7, 2013

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Yup I was really surprised when Karoug dropped almost as an after thought. Even my fully equipped end game parties have to coordinate burst damage to kill him through his regen normally. I guess it helps that youre level 10-12 now.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Hate to say it but I think this betting pool thing is kinda needlessly complicated and a bit dumb~

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Just think it needs to be something really simple, like guessing correctly gets you 7 votes intead of 5 in the next round, or it should just be an informal thing. I like the idea of betting on the first fatality, just dont really feel like it needs to be a big thing.

I'd actually bet on no one dying in Durlag's, anyway. Unless mods have changed it, in which case Finch because its always Finch.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Vorgen posted:

Hey, if I tried to turn this Let's Play into my ticket to online fame and fortune by moving it to a web site for all the ad revenue do you all think that would be a bad move or a good move? Also turning it into a webcomic, for or against?

I wouldnt blame you, a lot of work goes into this. Do you really think anyone who reads this doesnt use adblock though?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

If you're planning to website the LP I'd put it up before youre finished so people have a reason to keep coming back.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I think it was a fairly illogical sequence of emotions. Wouldnt rage be more appropriate for the start of BG2, given what gets taken from him?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Cythereal posted:

A letter with the big reveal about the protagonist's nature that I think everyone reading this LP knows already.

I'll only be able to check for certain when I return home from the holidays, but I believe this update brings the Roll of the Dead up over the 100 death mark.

I've always thought it was stupid that one of the most important plot reveals in the game is so easy to miss.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Smiling Knight posted:

But the Iron Throne leaders are a floor below Gorion's room, so it's easy to get locked out of it.

This^, and also its not so much "you must go to Gorion's old room before you do anything else", its more just that a couple of monks suggest you check out his old room to see what he left you. The central quest line tells you that you're in Candlekeep to find the Iron Throne leaders - it was a lot of playthroughs before I even bothered to check out Gorion's room.

I feel like they should've either put the Iron Throne leaders in Gorion's old room, or had one of the monks give you the letter.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

C, Syv, no, no, Xzar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

You can just set up all the characters inside the temple. From memory the door doesn't lock.

• Locked thread