Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

+1 Imoen
+1 Minsc
+1 Dynaheir
+1 Viconia
-1 Edwin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

+1 Mur'Neth
+2 Shar-Teel
+1 Imoen
+1 Minsc

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

2 Please. Our party might be less of a killing machine, but his emo ramblings are bad for morale. Mostly mine.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

3. Drag this out uncomfortably.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

+1 Kivan killing machine
+1 Imoen
+1 Kiera
+1 Viconia
+1 Shar-Teel
just cause

No on the reputation dump.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Trickster/B/Alpha

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Vorgen posted:

Hey, I got this quote from the TV:

Do you agree/disagree with this statement? If so, why? Do you think Syvishtara should become a god if s/he is capable?

Sure, if that's what lies in Syvishtara's path. Syvishtara works throurgh the Weave. The Weave works through Syvishtara. The two are facets of the same.

I suspect gods are more force of nature than an anthropomorphized face of supernatural phenomena. Not only controlling their respective domains but being controlled by them to a certain extent.

Zeus was an adulterous lout (that could hurl thunderbolts) because that's what he is. Not a character flaw but his design. Hera's the ever aggrieved wife. Ares, ceaselessly enraged and bloodthirsty because he IS war. etc. etc.

Humans aren't destined to to become gods so much as they destined to always try to become gods.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

CheSera posted:

B, Xzar still creeps me out.

This is exactly why I'm voting D.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

D Sune.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

C Let his smug rear end live like the rest of us fictional schlub mortals.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 3, 2012

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

+1 Imoen
+1 Yeslick
+1 Firebead
+1 Ferthgil
+1 Bearserker

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The Bear should be a pyromancer that enjoys scorching his surroundings a little too much. Call him Smokey.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Monkbear, Beguiler, Lower Rep.

We're Chaotic Neutral- start acting like it.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Amnistar posted:

So, A lot of people are quoting this as a reason to drop our rep and I have to respond to this. This is a problem I see all the time with the Chaotic Neutral alignment. Everyone seems to take it as the alignment of the insane. It's not. Well it is, but it isn't just that. It's also the alignment of the selfish, which fits the Syv ideals much better. Syv acts however Syv wants to act for whatever is best for them. The real problem is the game doesn't seem to have any selfish choices that are evil choices but the character gains from them. In fact the opposite is almost always true (and why our rep is skyrocketing). We're picking things to do based off of the rewards we get, and that's almost exclusively helping people.

But dropping the rep is probably a good thing to keep Edwin from leaving the party.

I actually agree with this. I've never played the game, just following along. "Alignment of Selfish" is what I was thinking when I wrote the comment, kind of like a Road Warrior anti-hero. But are you saying that the mechanics of this game lie between total evil and good and not, 'kind of a dick'?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Iomen gets the tome.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

It's just a ceremony.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Ending B. Bringing down Bhallspawn with bunnygeddon is the stuff of folktales and legends that even the gods will shake their heads with bewilderment.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Give the tome to Syv.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Syv doesn't have to be the only one to get tomes in the future. Bunny Geddon is too good a name to pass up.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 15, 2014

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

All tomes to Syv, always.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Vorgen posted:

Hmm, okay, I guess I had forgotten the reasons why people chose the bunny ending. More Wild Mage and less elf angst should be the order of the day. I guess I was starting to take this LP too seriously, heh!

I wouldn't go that far. I liked the tone of what you were doing before the Ice Wind Dale, but if you can murder your enemies with exploding bunnies, do so.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

sebzilla posted:

gently caress this place and All Tomes To Syv (until we hit max in a stat I guess)

Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Yes. Bail.

• Locked thread