Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Can we get a screenshot of the assembled crew? Was there a post in this thread detailing how I would get my game into the state of the one you're playing? I tried to look but it must be buried between the huge updates.

edit: what happened to the Icewind Dale stuff in the OP?

BiggestOrangeTree fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Sep 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I am sure that all these NPC mods combined will include more than one front line fighter choice so we can ditch the bitch.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
So... Rose (who joined us pretty early into the game) has a quest that you only get to finish in BG2? :stare:

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Finish Shar-Teel's romance, then ditch her the next time she dies. :colbert: +2

Keep Imoen around because your narrative actually makes her a cool character. +3

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
High level stuff? I don't think at this point there's much we can do but go south.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
1. A

2. C

I've finally gotten Big World to install and played it a bit. You should look into using the Ogre or Kobold drums they sell at Feldepost's Inn. That is, if they are in your version. I have no idea how close the version I have would be to yours.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Please try the Mage Huner :allears: he seems to be a perfectly expendable companion to try the class out on.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Are there even any other paladins in BG1 territory?

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
+1 for our current party

They're growing up to be responsible adults who don't die on sight

BiggestOrangeTree fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 8, 2011

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Couldn't you have ran back into the temple to get the poison removed?

Also, Gladiator.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
4 for the most Jovial of all Jugglers

But yeah, pit fight video anyway.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
The best I could think of would be muting the music while recording (and making sure you don't move your screen around while paused), inserting the track when cutting and... working around the cut off sound effects should be manageable. I won't have fast enough internet to share anything for another week but I'll give it a shot.

Also loving this LP.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
C, one darkie is enou- Viconia's not that interesting.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
More NPCs, save them all

There is no chance we will be able to level our army up properly, is there? What with the reduced XP rewards for everything.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
It's okay, this is not the last Thanksgiving in this LP.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Doesn't the sanctuary cost experience points to use, or am I getting things terribly mixed up?

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
+3 Bjornin Bandits can't be that much stronger than dragons, right?
+2 Imoen

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Vorgen posted:

soooo... all those in favor of romancing Keldorn if we're still female by then?

Yes. All of them.

:v:

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
That's a really impressive setup for the LP, you probably do need a powerful pipeline like this for writing these with a game of such impossible length. Also: Brage has a portrait! Does that mean we can bribe him into joining us? I'll bet he would be a real monster if let loose with a two handed sword.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Vorgen posted:

Yes, we could recruit him if enough people wanted it. We are still working on Firebead Elvenhair right now but we could put Brage next on the list if the Voices wished it. Kinda cruel move though, the dude is trying to atone for his sins and we get him out slaughtering with the Flame of the North again. Heh.

Oh, they both take the same kind of items? In that case we should just focus on Firebead.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
2, unless it means we lose him forever.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Might as well throw in that they're not even of the same race unless you play a human.

EDIT: I guess half-elf would be a slippery slope.

BiggestOrangeTree fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 5, 2012

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Vorgen posted:

I haven't tried to bribe any hostile mobs. I don't know if it is possible. We could try. Also we could try to bribe any non-hostile NPC we see around. If you have any suggestions just say it and if there's support for the idea I'll try to pull it off, as I tried with Sir BillyBob.

I think we were in the process of bribing Firebead Elvenhair before we left for the island. That still sounds like a really good idea to me.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
3, Shadow Druid, D, Beta

Sidequesting can wait, we just spent way too long on some stupid island with Sir Billybob. Love the idea of Viconiadude.

e: unless there's any content we won't get to see if we proceed to the next chapter

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
1.Yes
2.No
3.Yes

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Wouldn't that scimitar still make a really good off-hand weapon even she is not specced for it? On second thought, aren't class item restrictions removed? I'm sure we'll find a good user for this weapon.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Giving all tomes to Syv may not be the best choice from a power gaming perspective, but neither is having a party rotation. Also I like it thematically.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
If the bear can not use weapons is there a fighter subclass that would be more suited to fighting bear handed? Or make him a, dare I say it, monk?

+3 Bear
+1 Sirine beguiler
-1 Shar Teel

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Monk, Beguiler, Keep the rep

I'm almost sad to see Shar-Teel go but on the other hand we found a much more formidable mate in the bear.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I'll agree that some parts of the writing seem overly emo. I would say they're necessary. It's almost like our main character has something dark deep inside their very being.

I say bring on the mods , I've been enjoying the shaky roller-coaster with some missing rail pieces experience some of them have brought us.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Fighting Trousers posted:

That's because Finch is a likable little bookworm and Shar-Teel is an abrasive character made ten times worse by her mod content.

You take that back, Shar-Teel is a formidable mate. And turns to you. :colbert:

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Imoen is going to be unavailable for a really long time in 2 (once we get there that is), not to mention all the different party members we'll be going through. I say the tomes go to the main character .

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
+5 for Bjornin he's not getting enough love.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Maybe this is just the fate that awaits all formidable mates, no matter how strong, graceful or pleasant.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Isn't ridiculously low AC somewhat pointless since critical hits (which are about 1 in 20 or more? And people will try to hit you a lot) will still hurt you?

I mean okay yes, we are facing really strong enemies here where it probably still actually makes a difference...

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Sure let people keep gear of their own

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
My vote goes to Ending E because I feel it's most in keeping with what we had going.

I would have voted for C for the sheer hilarity the ending of (base) BG2 would have been in relation to that. But that's a loong way to go (plus nobody else is voting for it...).

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Actually it's pretty appropriate that if Bhaal can go around knocking up everything he sees, CHARNAME should be able to too.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
"Oh wow this is going to be really different, stranded here without our gear, those beetles sure kicked our butts too much for how powerful we were just before"

"Oh, a new NPC. And he comes with gear... oh" :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Cythereal posted:

On the other hand, marrying 15 year olds.

...Still in BWP's favor, I think.

I would be very surprised if Skyrim mods didn't let you marry children much younger than 15 by now.

• Locked thread