Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The formatted text thing is definitely a browser issue, it was squiffy for me on Chrome until I fixed it with a handy goon-made extension. No idea where I got it from now, though. Hopefully someone more helpful than me can tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Seeing as he was originally a Fighter/Mage (and is restored to being one in Tutu) I vote Duskblade.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

1. Shut Kivan up
2. Have you ever been with a warrior woman?
3. Bassilus, Melicamp, then head to Nashkel and go spelunking. You should be level 2 by then, particularly if you take in the Carnival and some exciting rock sculpture before entering the mines proper.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Brainamp posted:

I'm pretty sure Viconia is going to be the next female we find, sans any other mod characters.

Depends on the route we take. If we don't stray too far off the beaten track we're more likely to run into Branwen first.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

e: Vote changed

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Sep 26, 2011

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Changing my vote to +5 Shar-Teel

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Cythereal posted:

That said, if this gets to BG2, you should probably show off Chloe just for the train wreck she is. You can get her in Chateau Irenicus, to boot.

25 DEX is perfectly reasonable, and if there's one thing the BG series needs it's more god-children running about the place :colbert:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Dump Shar-Teel for Ajantis. I think you may have killed the Shar-Teel romance (not sure what her romance variable is, but if you have Shadowkeeper, you can look for something like SharteelRomanceActive under the global variables - if its 1 or 2, you're good, if it's 3 the romance is over), and she's not very interesting (or useful) without it. Ajantis makes a fine meat shield.

This. No more muscular-thighed women for you. Not until you meet a certain Petrified cleric, at least.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I assume that if Haiass comes back as a Vampiric Wolf you have to kill him again, right? Because having a pet Vampiric Wolf would be ludicrously overpowered in BG1. Immunity to non-magical weapons? Bring it on.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I'm mainly interested in inflicting as much horrible retarded lovely mod content on Vorgen as possible (great job with the LP by the way, buddy) and NPC romances seem like a good way to pile that stuff up.

Not that I'm especially vindictive, but if you're playing The Big World Mod then you really are a glutton for punishment and deserve everything you get.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Oh yeah, that's the other thing I meant to say. I love the idea of Syvishtar "learning" from the wild surges that he experiences, it's a great plan. I'm a little concerned that eventually he'll learn that he just shouldn't be casting spells, though...

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

2C I want to find out how stupid this "Mage Hunter" thing is.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Conot posted:

-4 to Shar-teel +1 to Viconia

Bitch is crazy. Plus, I get the feeling evil drow nookie is better than crazy rear end bitch nookie.

But we don't get any evil drow nookie until BG2, which could be a while since we've not even got to the Nashkel Mines yet. Get the crazy rear end bitch nookie while we still can.

+5 Shar-Teel :colbert:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Cythereal posted:

We already got some, or weren't you paying attention?

We don't get any more.

Vorgen posted:

Gameplay note: Heh, I had forgotten about this. I guess when I said we'd be stuck in the friend zone for all of BG1, I meant after we tapped it once.

Or weren't you paying attention?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Cythereal posted:

You didn't say we wouldn't get more, as your own quote demonstrates. There is a difference between not getting any and not getting any more.

If I tell you "you're not going to have sex until 2050" the fact that you had sex a week ago is irrelevant. And this is a dumb derail.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Technically, for a god who is so far above it all :smug: as most gods are, everything is bestiality.

Bhaal was originally a mortal man. His history (along with Bane and Myrkul) is told in-game in one of the books, "The History of the Dead Three". So maybe that makes a difference.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Boneless Jogger posted:

Huh, I never knew about that wild magic mod. Those spells are pretty interesting.

Yeah, this. Which component of the mod is this? And can I get it without having to do the full BWP insanity?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

^^^ Awesome. My next play-through will definitely be a Wild Mage, now.

Conot posted:

a) Wild magic isn't actually a mod per se, its just a import of the wild magic that was implemented in 2. You can get it by installing EasyTutu

Wild magic in unmodded ToB doesn't have all these wacky spells. It's just Nahal's Reckless Dweomer and the two Chaos Shield spells as far as I can remember. Rhialto and the extra craziness is different.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Do you have a thief in your party? Oh yeah, Imoen. In that case, you're underusing Algernon's cloak. If if you don't go for major map clearing cheese, having a scouting thief charm the occasional wandering creature would be of great help on low level run, much less starting combats with a charm attempt.

(I cleared out entire maps with just that cloak. Fun times)

It doesn't make for an especially fun LP, though.

The best use of the cloak is to gather every NPC together in the Undercity for the final fight and take on Sarevok with an army of 20 or so. Probably more with the number of NPCs getting thrown at us in this crazy mod.

So yeah, do that.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Aww, I thought I was the only one who did that. (30 guys with the PC and the multiplayer created party in the unmodded game)

I may have stolen the idea from you. Or someone else who posts here, anyway.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

B: Let's go to the fair!

And then go to the mines and do some plot stuff.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

To best utilise the Bunny Horde you should probably be letting them cluster around somebody and then shooting one of them with an arrow. It's like a low-level version of the ADHW-Bunny-Apocalypse you can pull off in ToB with Wish (or Limited Wish, I forget).

And Shar-Teel owns.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

F - Nobody. I'm bored of Minsc. And Shar-Teel is actually pulling her weight now with that sword. Plus I want to see her reactions to Angelo later on in the game.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

D Three clerics is too many so ditch the least interesting one.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Vorgen posted:

Half-sister! And if there's one thing that the BGII modding community has taught me, it's that banging half-sisters is totally okay.

Particularly when the half is like a divine essence or something nobody really knows how it works did Bhaal possess males of the species or just do the whole immaculate conception deal anyway point is loving Imoen is TOTALLY FINE GUYS :downs:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I'd be surprised if we didn't have some variety of multi-stronghold mod in effect.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

If you approach Edwin with Dynaheir in the party he'll ask to join you "to keep an eye on her". That may only work if you haven't talked to him before, though.

F - We don't need no stinkin' Red Wizard

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Mr_Ham97 posted:

At least the modder didn't do this:
code:
ARMOR TYPE     SLASH  PIERCE BLUDGEON
Banded mail     +2       0      +1
Brigandine      +1      +1       0
Chain mail      +2       0      -2
Field Plate     +3      +1       0
Full Plate      +4      +3       0
Leather armor    0      -2       0
Plate mail      +3       0       0
Ring mail       +1      +1       0
Scale mail       0      +1       0
Splint mail      0      +1      +2
Studded leather +2      +1       0
That's an optional rule from the AD&D 2nd edition player's handbook (pg. 90). In this case the pluses are good, lowering the armor's ac against that damage type.

Pretty sure that's in the vanilla game to some extent. Check your information sheet for your bonuses to AC for different types of damage with different armours on.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Now, let's be fair. Some components of Tactics are actually fairly reasonable and are challenging without being dickish. Then there are other components that just make you ask why.

Chapter 1 will be interesting.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Though depending on what mods exactly are included in his installation, he could well have a full party before leaving.

Although BG2, which received the lion's share of mods, is a long way off yet.

An extra one or two NPCs won't help all that much against Improved Ilyich

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

If we leave them to fight it out and Edwin wins, can we then get Minsc back in the group?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Mr_Ham97 posted:

Question: I don't really know how BGT works, so would Edwin still be around in BG2 if you killed him/he left the party here?

I guess so, seeing as one of the responses to meeting him in Athkatla is "Weren't you dead?"

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Oh hey, I didn't actually vote yet.

Option 4 to fill the Jovial Juggler and bum rush the final fight with a million NPCs.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Guitar_Hero posted:

Getting a wild surge that silenced Syvishtar didn't really help matters.

Nor did Edwin hitting Kagain with Colour Spray right off the bat.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

3+ Finch
1+ Branwen
1+ Edwin

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Longinus00 posted:

Can we not run with a party that everyone's done to death? We're playing the big world project. Lets run some new fresh npcs!

But all the fresh new NPCs so far blow chunks. Except Finch.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I've voted already so yeah you might as well call it.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

C

Finch is all the cleric we need. More modded NPCs!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

vilkacis posted:

I goddamn love the "gently caress this poo poo" option to set sail for Maztica even if they end up delivering you to Spellhold anyway.

I've read about the "third way" before and assuming it's the same mod I'd be interested to see the reasoning for the Order of Most Radiant Heart getting involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Anal Papist posted:

Really looking forward to BG2 when we have Minsc, Aerie, and Viconia 100% of the time.

Nah, there are plenty more "interesting" mod NPCs in BG2 for us to inflict on Vorgen.

• Locked thread