Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Raise Imoen, and also raise Khalid if you can get the money for two raisings, otherwise just Imoen.

I doubt that Syvishtar can get the money necessary to raise the musician too without making too many sacrifices that would penalize him in the long run, so Eldoth stays where he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I say you keep him, every party needs some music after all.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

I'd say 3, 1, 2 in that order. Even if 1 and 2 are inter-changeable in my vote. Important thing is getting the mines done.

I second this vote.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vorgen posted:

Can I discourage you by saying that kobolds have been known to swarm this time of year?

I stand by my vote of "mines first" :colbert:

Even though by the look of things I will get outvoted.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Finch, Gavin, Imoen, Kagain and Kivan. Also keep the wolf.

Also, if you happen to count negative votes, I suggest you ditch Jaheira, because after reading this LP I remembered why I kicked her out of the party as soon as possible when I played SoA.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I can think of at least two people off the top of my head (Minsc and Kagain) that can easily fill her spot.

(Also, I never really liked her that much.)

Let her bask in that glorious death and let's move on.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

1. Kivan has to grow a pair.
2. Stay away from the psycho bitch. Have you even seen her STR score? She'd break Syvishtar in half!
2.5 As an addendum to the above, it's probably for the best if she stays dead, or she'll probably try to jump Syvishtar's bones on the first chance.
3. Uhhhh, tough choice. On one hand I want to see some hilarious shenanigans, but on the other it's unlikely you'd survive difficult quests before leveling up. So my vote is to clear the wilderness as much as possible, then go spelunking in the mines, then get the skull.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Since we're waiting on a new page, I might as well ask a question.

If you finish Baldur's Gate with a party of your choosing, do you get that party in the beginning of Shadows of Amn, or do you get the standard party members anyone starting a new game from scratch would get?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Two upvotes for Finch, one upvote for Gavin, one upvote for Kagain and one downvote for Kivan.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Replace Shar-Teel with Ajantis. Death by trying to kill bandits is infinitely preferable to death by Snu Snu.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Go south, grasshopper.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Conot posted:

For that matter, what happens if that happens to one of your NPC companions? Do they acknowledge the fact that they've been gender swapped, or even for that matter actually change?

Speaking from experience, in vanilla SoA it breaks a quest line if it happens to Edwin. Other than that, I can't say.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

1.A. It was fun, Tiax, but I can think of several ways in which Viconia is better than you.

2.D, and kick Xzar from the party to make room for Bub Snikt. Let's see how we manage with three tanks.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Tithin Melias posted:

Current party is perfect.

I second this.

+1 to everyone who's in our party right now. That means, unless I'm mistaken, Imoen, Viconia, Gavin, Finch, and Bub.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vorgen posted:

The spider rips Jaheira to shreds in mere moments, then starts on Viconia.

Ah, comeuppance.

Voting for A, provided you can get past the spiders (hoping the Astral Phase Spider isn't waiting for you outside Beregost).

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

A. So long, Shar-teel.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Damnit, I go away for work for a few days and miss the chance to vote against Shar-teel :smith:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

D. One cleric in the party is enough if we don't want more for tanking, and we've got Shar-Teel and Minsc for that.

Changing to B.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 23, 2011

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mikl posted:

D. One cleric in the party is enough if we don't want more for tanking, and we've got Shar-Teel and Minsc for that.

After a good night's sleep I'm changing my vote to B.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Back from vacation, just in time to vote gladiator.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Kill Dyanheir, turn Edwin into a girl, Minsc has a new witch to protect. Everybody wins!

Seriously, though... 4. I never played the first Baldur's Gate, but I'm willing to bet that the bickering will be glorious.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

+1 Gavin and +1 Finch because I like them.
+1 Dyanheir and +1 Edwin for party bickering.
+1 Imoen because she's my favourite character :colbert:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vorgen posted:

How often do you guys read the forums?

Daily, unless I'm away on business or something, and in that case I don't have internet access for 3-4 days, so I don't expect people to wait for me that long.

I'd say 36-48 hours should be the maximum wait to tally votes.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

E - Let's see how this works out.

G - When everything else fails, use FIRE.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 18, 2011

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

1. I'm torn between A and B, so half a vote to A and half to B.

2. A. He killed Finch! Bad Minsc, no cookie for you!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

sebzilla posted:

So that would leave us with the two new dudes, Imoen, Branwen and Dynaheir? That gets my vote.

Add the two new dudes to the party

Seconding this vote.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Going with B on this one.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Ha ha ha, oh wow. I'd only played BG2 and never as a wild mage, so I had no idea this could happen :haw:

What romances are available for female characters in BWP? And by the way, when is the next party vote?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Voting D.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

+1 Branwen
+1 Imoen
+1 Viconia
+1 Dyanheir
+1 Finch

Amazon squad is go!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I actually own the Throne of Bhaal novel. It's been several years since I read it (and haven't re-read it since), but some highlights stuck in my mind:

(Warning, will contain some spoilers for Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal - the games, that is.)

The party consists of the protagonist, Sarevok, Imoen and Jaheira

Despite being Good (I think Chaotic Good, but I could be mistaken), the protagonist turns into the Slayer at the drop of a hat.

The protagonist has hooked up with Jaheira.

Imoen gets brutally killed off by the Drow Bhaalspawn (what was her name, Sendai?) halfway through.

Sarevok gets killed when he's melted into the ground by the dragon Bhaalspawn.

Jaheira dies when a dragon takes her high up into the sky and she freezes to death, but comes back as a spirit to... Well, do the "horizontal tango" with the protagonist one last time before she moves on into the afterlife.

The protagonist gets his rear end handed to him by the monk Bhaalspawn (Balthazar?) and is about to be killed, but a Solar warns the Balthazar about Amelissan's plan, and he decides to commit suicide so the protagonist can "ride his Bhaalspawn essence" as it returns to the Throne of Bhaal and reach Amelissan.

The protagonist kills Amelissan (by punching her to death) and takes the mortal option.

I have the novel on hand, if somebody wants more details I can easily find out.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

3 E. Mur'Neth's boring.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vorgen posted:

Here it is: I'm going to dress you in all bright colors, especially in a lot of pink. We can even dye your hair pink if that'll help, paint your fingernails pink, anything to get you over this "life's not worth living" attitude!

Now you have to do this :colbert:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Aye, and I have to say that Kivan is starting to grow on me. Maybe it's because he hasn't moped in quite a bit.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

3 - Finch is way better than Xan if you ask me, and we can always kick Safana out to make space for the bard if needs be.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I vote for beguiler.

I also move that you replace his portrait with Fabio's face. All in favour say "aye."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Bald hill sounds great.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

A, but we must kick Fabio out as soon as a replacement is available. Also, a question: if we bring Fabio back to the mainland, can we send him to the Jovial Juggler like all other NPCs or is he lost forever once we kick him out?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Going with A too.

Also: you let Branwen die :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

BEHOLD, OPTIC BLAST!

I've been waiting forever to make that joke.

Anyways, voting for 3, he has at least to apologize for his baseless accusation. Syvishtara (or anyone in her party, for that matter), stealing? Unthinkable :colbert:

• Locked thread