Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I finally caught up on the LP, so now I can vote! :D

E, I don't understand Xzar's popularity.

G. And he fell into a burning ring of fire...

C. He's out as soon as the quest is done.

ETB fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I changed my vote in the original post.

FYI to all of the viewers who may feel very nostalgic for all of these old school games, the Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection bundle is on sale at GamesGate for $19.95.

The bundle includes Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape, The Temple of Elemental Evil, and all of their associated expansions.

This is good way to get a legit copy and play along with Vorgen. :D

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

ProfessorCurly posted:

Does anyone know how compatible this would be with the Big World Mod? It seems like a good deal for Planescape: Torment alone, but I'm looking to squeeze every bit of enjoyment out of my dollar as possible.

I haven't tried it yet, but you can install it as many times as you want in case it doesn't work.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Vorgen posted:

1. Should we resurrect Montaron when we have a chance? Yes/No, and why?
2. Should we resurrect Eldoth when we have a chance? Yes/No, and why?
3. Should we recognize Garrick as a valid potential party member, even though we haven't seen him for literally months? Yes/No, and why?
1. Depends. If Xzar survives the Nashkel Mines, then maybe Syvisthar will be indebted to Xzar's "guidance" and revive his long-lost partner-in-crime. If he doesn't survive... meh.

2. No. He doesn't have any connections to the group currently, so I don't see a compelling reason.

3. Yes. Why not? Maybe we can watch an Imoen-Garrick romance bloom.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

jng2058 posted:

Remember that bit where we get hired by Silke the mage in Baragost to murder those guys for her? The guy who actually found us and hired us is Garrick. He's supposed to join the party after that, but there was a bug and he just vanished instead.

I've been replaying BG1, and I had a good number of attempts where Garrick just happened to be standing in the path of Silke's lightning bolt. She's a heartless one, man.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Miss Hime posted:

Also hope you have romantic encounters for BG2 Vorgen as you get the opportunity to sleep with Eldoth in a chance encounter at one of the taverns. He will then try to blackmail you by threatening to tell the whole town you're a massive slut or something.

Ahhh modders.
Wait, can he be male for this one-chance encounter?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
If people haven't already, vote 5 for the thread and Vorgen's utter dedication to this LP.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Slaan posted:

Who hasn't gone hog wild yet? :colbert:

Clearly not everyone, since the thread just received a gold rating. BAM!

I'm playing through unmodded BG1 right now, and I had forgotten how evil the game is at low levels.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
1. Anime Xan, it's actually bearable to look at without it being chibi.
2. A. Replace Minsc, he killed the little scribe.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Choronzons son posted:

So Xan with his AC of 8 and 14 HP is going to be our new frontline fighter?
I don't see how this could possibly go wrong.

He can also wear studded leather, if that makes you feel any better about him...

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Cool new portrait, Vorgen. I still think Xan needs to become anime or chibi, though.

EDIT: So we're not adding Garrick back to our roster?

EDIT 2: Thorengrim Hammerfist's description is incomplete.

ETB fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 1, 2011

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
But what if it's Xan's Moonblade or something? :ohdear:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Slaan posted:

Then we can legitimately kick his poor :qq:ing rear end out!

I would consider him more :smith: than :qq:.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Vorgen posted:

I'm going to have to roleplay it. My character doesn't know he's going to be getting kidnapped and tortured for months on end by Irenicus, so I'll just stumble blissfully into the trap set for me. There's an extremely complicated set of scripts in the cutscene that takes you from BG1 to BG2 that includes filters for items which you may have in your party. From what I understand some significant items get added to Irenicus' dungeon and are recoverable, while others are just deleted. I'll abide by Irenicus' decision on what to do with my equipment I guess, since he's my kidnapper and I have stockholm syndrome.

Curious, what if Minsc/Jaheira/Imoen permanently die (i.e. splatter in giblets) before we start BG2? Will we let history rewrite itself because Irenicus deems it so?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Tallgeese posted:

I am pretty sure those are literally better than anything in the unmodified game, without any sort of contest. Not even Throne of Bhaal high-level loot matches that.

Good thing we're losing all of our loot when we move into BG2. :v:

Hmm, so shall we start voting on male romances now? :D

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

pokie posted:

Being a mage, he very well might end up wearing a belt of cognizance anyway (which changes genders). Thalantyr sells one and there is a super cheap one in BG2.

Wait, we're actually trying to fix this? :v:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Still going with D.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Your italics got messed up about 2/3 of the way through your post.

Those Black Talon bandits are usually a bitch. You're lucky their AI was broken.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

sebzilla posted:

In vanilla BG1 Officer Vai used to piss off once you'd cleared the Bandit Camp, has that been fixed for you? I'd hate to see you lugging around 50-odd scalps only to find she's gone when you want to sell them.

She only does it if you talk to her without carrying any scalps. Otherwise it triggers her going back to Baldur's Gate.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
ROMANCE COMBO
+1 Imoen
+1 Kivan
+1 Xan
+1 Branwen
+1 Shar-Teel

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Conflicts that shouldn't loving exist anymore! We have too high of a Rep for the romance!

You're assuming our reputation will only continue to increase. :colbert:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
This kind of reminds me of BG2 when you can romance the three elves simultaneously. Too bad the programmers didn't allow it to last long. :(

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Merry Magpie posted:

To be fair, the "most powerful magic user in existence" seems intent on whacking me with a wooden staff rather than calling upon his nigh limitless magical power.

Apparently you can kill Drizzt by attacking him with a bow across a lake, and the AI can't path him close enough to actually attack you. Apparently legendary rangers can't swim? :raise:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

JT Jag posted:

2, E

Looks like Treasure Hunter is a Thief kit entirely dedicated to dungeon crawling.

Agreed.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Vorgen, mind if I change your portrait to your female form? It just seems wrong to have your old form, let alone a non-golden one.

(Also let me know what your preference for your subtext.)

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Hope you like it. :unsmith:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Wait, so... Branwen's and Xan's romances interact... ?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I like the behind the scenes look. It might be especially useful for people who may want to contribute in the future. :unsmith:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I still think we need a three-way romance with Xan, Branwen, and our Formidable Mate, but alas.

2, we must abide by the rules.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Yay, lady-on-lady action!

Fabio is definitely a gypsy.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Sejs Cube posted:

Look at that picture. Clearly he is a hypnotist beguiler. A beguiler of ladies.

If we're going to change his portrait to that, he should roleplay it and be armorless. :colbert:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Slightly off-topic, but completely relevant: http://kotaku.com/5889146/baldurs-gate-website-lurches-to-life-is-a-new-game-rising

I really hope they don't gently caress it up.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I don't know, IIRC Viconia's romance was my favorite because sometimes not sleeping with her was the correct path to continue the romance. :ssh:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

caleramaen posted:

True, but she was the only one you could sleep with before completing the romance. She did have the best romance in TOB though. They actually managed to slip some character development in there! Also, now that I think of it, in SOA there was no way to get a good ending to Viconia's relationship.
I'm pretty sure you can end staying together, I remember because I cheated by triggering the conversations with manual commands all the way to the end, haha.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
B. Who doesn't want to explore a thieves' den?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I'm hoping for graphical and UI updates.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I am content with this.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
So does she actually keep her levels and abilities when we move onto BG2? If so, then A. If not, then max out her necessary skills and then dual-class her.

Changed my vote.

ETB fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 31, 2012

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Vorgen posted:

I'm pretty sure she does, yes.

Does this mean that Jaheira is going to be absolutely terrible, seeing that she'll probably stay at her low level, or will the game auto-level her?

And on further contemplation, definitely (B) pick up her 7th level and then dual-class her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Cythereal posted:

I am less than excited. I'm still seeing all of this and only hearing "Cash-in!"

I mean, no one's going to do all of this for charity. Take it for what it is worth, that is awesomeness.

• Locked thread