Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Slaan posted:

Don't forget all of our gold keeps getting zapped thanks to the Wild Surges! :argh:

You would think after the first time He would have learned to distribute the money a bit. That way, if you get that roll you only lose a small amount of wealth, rather then a large chunk or all of your gold. That in mind, maybe you should keep your money in easily liquidatable assets. Rather then gold, keep it in gems. They don't get taken from you as easily.

Oh. Vote. Humm... 4. Keep em all, let the Jovial Juggler sort them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Humm, Let's see. We have a wild mage going crazier in the MC so...
+1 to Finch. Need a cleric. Might as well be one that doesn't irritate the hell out of me
+1 to Imoen. Buddies for life.
+1 to Minsc. Man was more powerful then the rest of our party combined.
+1 to Dynaheir. More magic is always nice. Especially when it doesn't carry the risks of turning you into a woman, or destroying all your gold. Again.
+1 to Vicona. Again, clerics are nice to have.

I think this is a pretty well balanced party. And honestly, i don't mind the thees and thous. they don't really bother me I guess. But gods drat do I hate Shar-teel. Mind if I put in a readied action here? If Shar-teel looks like she is coming close to joining the party. Change my vote to -5 for her.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

And that line is why I want to keep her the gently caress out of the party.
It is horrible. And that "Romance" makes me skip portions of the update every time I see that line. Which is sad, because I know Vorgen is doing a lot of work on this lp, and skipping parts makes me feel bad about it.
Please remember my readied action.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

It is pretty hard to out and out screw yourself over in dnd. You can make it easier on yourself; or much harder, but you would have to actively try to make a completely unfeasible character. And even then you would always have party members to pick up the slack. In a different game, I basically created a useless main pc, and had him as what amounted to a pack mule with a mouth. The game was still pretty drat easy, even with what amounted to a 3 man party instead of 4.

Also, my vote is for Q Do what you feel like. I agree, it's an option.

• Locked thread