Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenVec
Mar 17, 2010
Just started reading and I'm amazed by the scope and scale of this mod. Can't wait for BG2 to begin.

I'll upvote Xzar by +4

And Shar-Teel by +1.

Seriously, draft Xzar. He was a great character in the original version and I can't imagine what they've put into him with all the mods. I mean, after his sidekick dies... "Montarion, I... I never loved you!". How can that be beat?

GenVec fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenVec
Mar 17, 2010
I just caught up on the thread since the vote and I've got to say that I'm disappointed you did away with Shar-teel, considering she had the largest positive spread of any of the characters we were voting for. Clearly there were a lot of people that wanted to see how that romance played out (and I'm going to unashamedly admit that I'm one of them).

Frankly the romance plot lines in these games, while a little ham fisted, are extremely popular. They have an awesome number of mods devoted to them, their threads on the bioware forums are always extensive, and from the votes in this very thread you can see that people wanted to know what would happen. There is nothing weird or creeper about this; it's natural to want a little more range of human emotion in a story beyond the protagonists constant desire to kill poo poo. There's also a reason why almost every piece of human fiction, including those aimed toward men, has a romantic interest for the protagonist. The story feels incomplete without it.

Don't let a vocal minority of Shar-teel haters overturn our democratic vote.

GenVec fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 2, 2011

GenVec
Mar 17, 2010
Strong D.

You have too many clerics, and a party full of annoying do-gooders is just as boring as hell.

GenVec
Mar 17, 2010
This LP has a disappointing number of gibs so far. While I voted for Shar-Teel's inclusion, perhaps it would be best if the problem were to be permanently resolved in a shower of flying body parts.

A final solution to the Shar-Teel question, if you will.

GenVec fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 21, 2011

GenVec
Mar 17, 2010
Can we change this from "first past the post" to instant run-off voting? You've got 5 options where Edwin joins the party and 1 where he doesn't, so theoretically two people that didn't want him in could keep him locked out if the other five voters couldn't decide who they wanted to replace.

I'm going to go with A, since both Edwin and Shar-teel are great and if you don't like them then I just don't know what to say to you.

GenVec fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 24, 2011

GenVec
Mar 17, 2010
The Juggler is too crowded and the only character who has permanently left is Ajantis. This playthrough needs a few more hats on the floor.

Pit Fight.

GenVec
Mar 17, 2010
+5 to Edwin. The fact that he yelled "Checkmate!" after murdering Dynaheir in her sleep makes it all worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenVec
Mar 17, 2010
No to Minsk. +5 to Shar-teel.

• Locked thread