Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Save Everyone. Eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Rez her

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

+5 Shar-teel

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

keep Shar-teel

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

1A

And Bub Snikt? Seriously?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Gavin, Jaheira and Shar-Teel +3, don't care about the others.

Jeabus Mahogany fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 8, 2011

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Look. We have a low enough rep to romance Shar-Teel. We include her now, we romance her, then we raise our rep and never have to use her again. We forgo including her now, then every time there is a party vote there will be constant whining and voting and counter-voting about Shar-Teel when there are a hell of a lot of other characters to vote on, which I personally would like to see.

Vote Shar-Teel.

(Not that I hate Shar-Teel or anything, it's just the only way to stop this thread turning into a massive poo poo. Don't say I didn't warn you.)

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Gotta say, Gavin's a pretty cool dude.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

D.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

A.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

4. Why pay this subplot off now when you can let it fester

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

+2 Finch
+2 Xzar
+1 Branwen

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

A.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

6D

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, just sell all your potions, it's not like you need those.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

+2 Branwen, +2 Imoen, +1 Mur'neth.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

What exactly do you mean by permanent?

Voting 3E anyway.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Beguiler.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man, Sir BillyBob is literally disgusting.

Sir BillyBob posted:

I AM REALLY OLD BUT STILL LOOK AWESOME ALSO I AM A CHOSEN ONE BUT NOT A REGULAR CHOSEN ONE I AM A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE CHOSEN ONE. I KNOW LOADS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE RELEVANT TO THE STORY BACK WHEN THEY WERE WEAK AND PATHETIC AND I WAS AWESOME. I AM SO AWESOME NOBODY DISAGREES WITH ME BECAUSE I AM AWESOME AND ALWAYS RIGHT. ALSO I AM TELLING THIS TO EVERY RANDOM STRANGER WHO COMES TO ME FOR A QUEST BECAUSE EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW HOW AWESOME I AM.

:barf:

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

+5 Shar-Teel, YES to rep drop

It's not like we can't raise it again later.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Bahaha I just read the FAQ on Chloe and apparently she's only half-voiced because both the actors the guy contacted "mysteriously disappeared."

I know there could be other reasons but the implications :allears:

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Tax Refund posted:

I'm finding myself hoping that Shar-Teel gets gibbed, or permanently removed from consideration in some way, just so we won't have to go through this EVERY TIME. I mean, let's look at the top five vote-getters at this point in time. Four of them, combined, have received a total of 153 votes (145 positive and 8 negative). Then there's Shar-Teel, who has received a total of 165 votes (99 positive and 66 negative).

Oh, and if you add up the total votes for and against every party member but Shar-Teel? 312 votes in total (291 positive, 21 negative). Which means that Shar-Teel's 165 votes represent fully one-third of the total votes cast.

I'd love to see her removed from voting consideration somehow, so that other party members (like Finch, or Rose, or even Safana) might get more than a few votes, positive OR negative, thrown their way. It'd be nice if these "vote for the party members" debates determined more of the party composition than whether or not Shar-Teel is in the top five...

See what most people voting against her don't seem to realise is that people who are voting for her are mostly voting to see her romance BUT ALSO to spite those who vote against her with such disgust. I might have voted for people like Keira or Mur'Neth until I saw the copious amounts of bile thrown at a single inoffensive video game character. It's a vicious circle.

The solution, of course, is to permanently keep Shar-Teel in the party until the romance is either finished OR cannot be progressed until a story flag.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Swashbuckler, A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

B.

+1 Imoen
+1 Branwen