Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
I use Finch in my current game and think she is done pretty well. She has just the right amount of banter, a cute little side quest and is useful without being overpowered. Even her sound set fits in really well with the vanilla voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
So our Drow companion of all people just stumbled into a spiders' lair by accident? That's kinda suspicious if you ask me. C

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
Yes to all
I never saw Eldoth's subplot in any of my playthroughs and probably never will, so I'm curious about that.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
So Xan with his AC of 8 and 14 HP is going to be our new frontline fighter?
I don't see how this could possibly go wrong.

I love the new and fabulous Syvishtar (aka King of Bling).

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011

vilkacis posted:

I went and looked it up. Resurrection does bring a character back at full health with no ill effects, but instead, it ages the caster three years.

Wow, I didn't know that. But then in 2nd edition Haste ages the target by a year. So the average human BG party member would be close to dying of old age before the endgame. I think this was actually implemented in the old Goldbox games.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
+2 to Branwen because she's awesome.
+3 to Mur'Neth because... well, he's a slime.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
I'd like to petition changing Kivan's portrait back to the original.
His constant whining is annoying as it is, but having to look at that 17 year old emo kid self-insert all the time makes it so much worse...

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011

Vorgen posted:

But I'm sitting in the service center with a Certificate of Doesn't Work in my hands right now.

Summoning a horde of explosive bunnies might speed things up.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
I'm actually playing a Gypsy right now. I like it, partly because her spell school limitations force me to use a different approach to magic than I'm used to.
The Charm Song is fun, but also kind of a clusterfuck, 'cause it's easy to attack newly charmed enemies, turning them hostile again.

I wonder how the Beguiler kit compares to this. It definitely fits Fabio's personality.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
Would it be okay to cheat-recruit them and then reload once we decide not to officially recruit them? Just to see their stats and satisfy our curiosity?

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
Not sure if any mod fixed this, but in Vanilla Non-Detection only helps against detection spells when hiding in shadows, not when magically invisible.
(That's definitely the case with the cloak of ND, but I think it goes for the spell as well)

e: it seems the spell description has actually been altered to reflect that, albeit very confusingly

Choronzons son fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 12, 2012

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
We can probably recruit a Mind Flayer somewhere.

(Okay, I guess not, but that would be pretty sweet.)

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011

Bobfly posted:

You could do some ridiculous things with two kits...

Only two? How about a Kensai/Wild Mage/Assassin?

And I'm all for letting Kivan take his Bow of Cheese to the Bandit Camp and put arrows in everybody. And then to kick him out to give other characters a chance to be insane murder machines shine.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
I get this sudden urge to create the weirdest romance mod possible.

How about Xzar and Alora? Okay, that may just be the creepiest one possible.
I think I'll settle for Jan Jansen and Keldorn.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
4 B Delta

Oh, and good job on making Haiass your bitch.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

Coran is Terrible. He's like the face of Reddit. Unfunny jokes. Unrealistic Boasting of his prowess. Racism.

I dunno. I kinda like him for now. To me it sounds as if his tales of douchebaggery and apparent racism are his way of testing you, because he doesn't seem to take himself very serious at all. We will see.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
We'd probably just have to put him her down and can try to revive her again after that, right? Although having a Vampiric Wolf as a pet would be pretty cool too.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
I wonder how the cow managed to kill you at full health.
My own Wild Mage run was a long time ago, but I think Minsc lost only a few HP when I dropped a cow on him.

Maybe it was because the surge also "weakened" you. Does anyone know if the effects happen all at once or one after the other? If you only died because of the combination of both effects it would make the death even more unfortunate (and of course hilarious).

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
4 Shadow Druid D beta

Moe the Loremaster sounds great (for a while) and we should share our experience with our brother.
The Shadow Druid kit may be hilariously overpowered, but I don't think we will keep Faldorn that long anyway.
And there is hardly a better place for hunting than the Cloakwood anyway, so let's just continue on our path.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
I know it's not in the voting, but we could at least finish the one or two scrrens left of the Cloakwood until we find the mines. Then we can go sell those Winterwolf pelts and Wyvern heads (I think Officer Vai pays good money for those, though I usually only carried the one for the temple. But then I never had a mule with me.)

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
1, E
Can't have enough little guys with beards and it's not a good idea to go on without a thief. I like Viconia but let her rest for now.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
Not going to vote for gentleman, but I imagine it could make for a fun Robin Hood roleplaying oneshot to play one as a protagonist. Although I guess the (basically) no cash challenge won't change much after the early stage, since your main assents are gems and magic items anyway.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
Really Syv, you turning back into a man was caused by cuddling a cow?
I... well... let's just not think about that any further...

Also, two words: Battle Squirrel! Make it happen!

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
C Natty Dread

And Congratulations Imoen! :toot:

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

e; also 'grats on finding Raise Dead. Being able to cast that means pretty much the end of any gold worries ever ever, excepting increasingly remote wild surge flukes, and there's enough cool stuff to buy that there's rarely a reason to stockpile too much of it.

It's been mentioned before, but: it was a one-use-only scroll. Until we find more of them or we have a cleric of high enough level it's back to the ol' temple for us.

e: to clear it up: wizards can learn spells from scrolls, clerics get all their spells upon level up. Both can read higher level scrolls of their class, but then the scroll is gone.

Choronzons son fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 7, 2012

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
I was all for the squirrel but those stats are, well... shouldn't it have at least 17 DEX or something? It's a squirrel for Gond's sake! Then it might make a fun novelty thief and you could have it hurl (okay, sling) nuts (okay, stones). Is there some kind of nature-themed thief kit? Or maybe the Acrobat Bard kit.

Bear Berserker is perfect.

The siren really should be a bard of some kind. And able to use a bow, because that is what they do against you.

Saving my vote for later.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
+2 Bearserker
+3 Squirrel Acrobat
(bard kit from Song&Silence, you should really modify it's DEX though)

Really curious how mod-infested Baldur's Gate is going to be.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

I think preventing NPCs from going too far behind in levels is alright. I mean there's so many of em sitting around the tavern, they probably spar and teach eachother stuff right? Or at least give eachother fetch quests.

If commoners go by the same rules as heroes then waitresses should be some of the most high level characters around. Those 50 exp quest rewards for getting someone a beer really add up over the years.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Is it possible to strap axes to the bear's paws? If so, make him a bearserker simply for the pun value. If not, make him a monk so he can kill without weapons.

The Sirine is a Beguiler, obviously. Pretty sure that tree-rat is a squirrelceror though.

Also, I think all that demon summoning might be affecting Syvishtar's reputation.

double that vote
Thank you Lone Badger for saving me time, because I agree with all of this.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
Replace Miss Wonderbounce and put her in the second story of the Elfsong. Hope for Hilarity.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
I rather wonder if the the spell works the way a luck bonus is supposed to work, actually adding to the roll. A "real" +8 luck bonus would be insanely good because then every attack roll 12 or higher would result in a critical and thats not even counting weapon skills/equipment that increases the crit range.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011

Shei-kun posted:

I honestly wonder where we'd put her in Baldur's Gate without having her cause massive death over her... assets.

I much rather wonder where we can put her in order to have her cause the most satisfying deaths. We now have a weapon against (non plot relevant) assholes who don't outright attack us. We can't kill them without losing reputation? Let them just kill each other. Problem solved.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011

Vorgen posted:

I didn't even consider that. Sirine is the most effective assassin ever! The only problem is that she is TOO effective - she'll drive the party mad just as fast as passers-by.

How does this whole thing work exactly?
Aren't we even able to just drop her off somewhere, get the gently caress out, and later pick her up alone(!) once she finished her job?
Pimpin' sure ain't easy when you have to handle superhuman sexyness.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
Imoen will love to see Baldur's Gate - and Jaheira probably won't love what we are going to do.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011

Miss Hime posted:

Yeah going for Imoen and Wonderbounce too.

That's some weird fanfic threesome...

So now that it looks like we are going to replace Seafom the question remains: where to put her?

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
On the one hand I like the idea of recruiting random interesting commoners and such, because it's something I'll never get to do in my own runs that are mostly vanilla BG. On the other hand they'll be fun only at the point when they reach higher levels and I'm not sure how much experience there is left to distribute between our army anyway. We probaby tackled most of the BG1 mod content already? I seriously don't know.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
Wow, what an update.

I know from experience: it's just not a real no-reload-run without slaughtering some poor commoners in a state of confusion.

That first Burglar kit sounds fun. 2D

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
One thing to mention about Alora is that he she has an item that (I think) gives her a luck bonus to every roll. Which basically means a 5% increase to all thieving skills, +1 to damage and to-hit-rolls and an increased chance for a critical hit.

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
My favourite screenshot...

Is that a graphics glitch?

Is reality glitching?

It's Wild Magic!

That was indeed beyond crazy.

Since we sadly can't have a giant weresquirrel with a deafening chirp throwing basketball sized nuts around, let's go with all forms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
So you have to do all of TotSC before you can enter Candlekeep? Oh my.

Imoen
Coran
Squirrel
Kagain
Yeslick

Tome of Asploding Mind goes to Syv of course.

• Locked thread