Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cooked Auto posted:

Ah, the quest with Garrick one of the few things I actually remember from when I attempted to play BG1 years ago. Not that I could never really get myself to actually finish it because I couldn't stand it mechanically.

Now my original party pick would've been Imoen, Rose, Kivan, Gavin, and Will. But then I realized that is an incredibly squishy party with no real tank. So let's switch out Rose for Shar-Teel for the time being. So my final pick is
Imoen
Shar-Teel
Kivan
Gavin
Will Scarlet
Also keep the Wolf.

Probably an poorly balanced party but then I've always been terrible at gaming the system so to speak.

I want to see this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The grammer-nazi in me raged at the whole Rose thing, but count me in forRezzing the lady.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I'm not really sure that I want to know what will happen with the romance so...

1.Kivan needs to grow a pair

2.Yes for the warrior woman lovin, but dump her for Minsc as soon as you can

3.Get back to Beregost or Nashkel ASAP

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

jng2058 posted:

All the girls we have access to are in the party save Jaheira, and she brings Khalid with her. You're gonna have to wait until we make it to Nashkel for another girl, I expect.

If I recall correctly there aren't any in Nashkel, only guys.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

jng2058 posted:

That's a little surprising. Well, an even longer wait, then, unless there's some random wilderness ladies to find or something.

I'm pretty sure Viconia is going to be the next female we find, sans any other mod characters.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Lets get some of the weirder faces out there.

Shar-teel, Xzar, Tiax, Kagain, and Will.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I know it's kinda late to be asking this, but is Rose a mod character or a core game character, cause I don't really remember her?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Lord_Ventnor posted:

-5 Shar-teel

:angel: Wow... I think you should think about your relationship with that psychobitch very carefully... lest she end up crushing your pelvis until you die.

You're acting like we don't want weird poo poo to happen to Syvishtar

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cmon people, let's at least see this romance to its conclusion, then we can ditch Shar-teel.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Bobfly posted:

What do you have against UNGODLY AWFUL poetry? Also, does effortlessly imposing her will upon EVERY NPC you, the protagonist, speak to, really make her a Mary Sue? I mean, just because you're the next lord of murder doesn't mean there isn't someone awesomer out there, you know.

(gently caress Chloe, never go near her. Though to be fair she isn't awfully powerful mechanically. 25 dex means 2 points better AC than 18, so it's pretty much just more fluff about how amazing she is.)

I never got around to BG2. Who is Chloe?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cythereal posted:

A Kensai lesbian demigoddess whose defining personality traits are "cool" and "awesome."

Kensai?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

vilkacis posted:

Yeah, Kelsey is probably more famous for being the first "modern" NPC than the actual quality.

What's the point of putting a "modern" character in a fantasy game? Isn't the point that we want old-fashioned people.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I'm curious on why Will is so disliked as to put him in the negative range.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Replace Tiax with Ajantis, because if he's a paladin, then he should get lay on hands if I'm remembering correctly, effectivley adding one more cleric to the party. Unless cavaliers don't get paladin spells...

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Didn't really make much difference on switching out fighters it seems.

I think Syvishtar might just be cursed against fighters.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Tax Refund posted:

Also, I seem to remember that someone -- probably the dwarven blacksmith whose name I can't remember just now -- could make some quite nice armor out of ankheg shells.

That Thunder hammer smith guy in beregost can make some good armor out of the shells.

Tax Refund posted:

Nah, it's just that ankhegs will MURDER you at level 1, no matter who you are.

I was joking.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vorgen posted:

Well switching genders is just a 1% chance. And a 1% chance in a game this long is practically a certainty.

What would happen to current romance, as with Shar-teel, if you changed genders? Would they just be put on hold until you change again or what?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vorgen posted:

Seriously? LPing this game could get me banned?

You could do like Seorin did and rape our childhoods by replacing all naughty terms with food or something. I think that would put you in the clear.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cythereal posted:

lots of characters

Just imagine if we could get them all in the jovial juggler. The inn would be hellish to navigate through at the least.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

South, and I wished you had been casting something like armor when the wild surge took place. Fun for everyone... except Syvishtar.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cythereal posted:

Thank god for resurrection.

I'm surprised that Finch is tied with Shar-teel, though it is understandable given the circumstances she was in.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

1. Replace Tiax with Viconia
2. Wizard Slayer to make it awkward around Syvishtar

VICONIA :swoon:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Conot posted:

Viconia looks interesting. I should really play through both of these games.

yes you should, and why haven't you!?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cythereal posted:

I don't know. Many if not most clerics in DnD never actually act like priests. You wouldn't know Viconia was a cleric if it didn't say so on her character screen, and I think the same goes for Finch and Quayle. Don't remember Gavin, Branwen, or Yeslick well enough to say. Looking ahead to BG2, Anomen does a reasonable job of it at least.

Most people don't want theological arguments in their High Fantasy game, and that generally reflects onto the characters in the game.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vorgen posted:

Ajantis is a stuck-up baby.

As far as my experience with paladins go, that's what most of them are like. I for one am glad he's gone. I guess we'll just have to make do with putting the wonderful warrior woman back in to take his place.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Shar-teel, Kagain, Viconia, Khalid, and Jaheira

The morally dubious with the morally obvious squad.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vorgen posted:

Gorion and Syvishtar never really had that talk, but what we will eventually find out is that Syvishtar's real dad pretty much stuck it in all the crazy. All of it. Interspecies even.

Technically everything is interspecies for a god

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vorgen posted:

If anybody is curious about how exactly Viconia "thanked" Syvishtar that night in the Inn, here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=M-wk2pPFN5U

As usual with youtube, the comments are the best part.

I know some modder worked hard to make it look like she was dancing, but all I see is a neurotic person who just stepped in an ant hill and has ants in their pants.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vorgen posted:

I'm going to add Shar-Teel to the party while they are in the Jovial Juggler. I'll wait long enough for her to trigger 1 or 2 lovetalks, and add them to the update. Then we'll form our actual party and hit the road. Whenever we get back to the Jovial Juggler to replace party members or rest as we're passing through, I'll temporarily add her to the party again to see if there are any new lovetalks.

Sounds good...

Vorgen posted:

But first... there is a pink-haired bastard that we need to kill.

...Doesn't sound good anymore,

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Fighting Trousers posted:

Aw, Finch. :( Farewell, you tiny gnomish power-house.

It'll give her time to catch up on her reading.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vorgen posted:

Man, I keep typing Jaheira instead of Viconia.

Their both girls and elfish lookin'. Thats enough similarity for me to confuse them.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

B

Because seriously, gently caress BASILISKS. also you could pick up Minsc and Branwen while at Nashkel.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

JGBeagle posted:

Then I vote C, dump Jaheira's dead corpse and continue on with the game. :colbert:

Be a bit awkward if you go back to the inn

Syvishtar:"Hi guys. We're back."
Khalid:"W-Were is Jaheira?"
Syvishtar:"Oh yeah. We dumped that bitch's corpse off in the last town."
Khalid:"W-WHAT!?"

so yeah

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vorgen posted:

In the morning I realize that my Armor spell I cast last night had permanently altered the colors of my robe and my skin.

Gotta say that I like the new look.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

D, Couldn't care less about little miss Mary Sue.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cythereal posted:

Nevermind. Dynaheir is not a romance option. You need a Wisdom of at least 10 to qualify for the romance, and our hero has a wisdom of 3. Our hero's Chaotic Neutral alignment also fails to meet criteria.

Vorgen could temporarily cheat to access the dialogue, then set it back after he's done talking to her.

But only if he wants to.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

E, Just to be different.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vorgen posted:

Half-sister! And if there's one thing that the BGII modding community has taught me, it's that banging half-sisters is totally okay.

When you are part being-of-nigh-infinite-power, inbreeding doesn't seem to be that big a deal apparently.

Just look at the Greek Pantheon.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Slaan posted:

What is wrong with you people?

We're doing it for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

jng2058 posted:

We should definitely keep Minsc, Dynaheir, and Edwin in the same party, and that means rescuing Dynaheir. The only reason to keep Shar-Teel around is to advance her romance, and we need Viconia's rep penalty to keep her interested in us, so if we have Shar-Teel, we need to keep Viconia too. Imoen's got an important game function...opening chests and stealing people's poo poo...so that leaves Branwen. I like her, but we can see her again later.

We don't need Viconia with us at all times. I'm fairly sure that we can send her back to the inn with no problem.

Also E. I'm going to vote for Imoen from now on just to see if she does get sent away for awhile.

• Locked thread