Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Since the lurkers are coming out of the woodwork, I might as well chime in. I've been following this LP since pretty much the beginning, but only recently registered. Obviously I enjoy it very much to have stuck with it for the 22 months it's been going (Holy poo poo, almost two years! And it synchronizes pretty well with the in-game time as well). I feel you've done a very good job fleshing out Syvishtar/a's character. I was wary after the first few posts that they might get too far into the zany territory, but fortunately you abandoned that gimmick early on. The ironman style also turned out very well, especially with the fleshed out battle commentary and all. Screenshot LP's rarely get exciting for obvious reasons, but here, things can get pretty intense seeing someone's health depleting from picture to picture.

Aside from Vorgen's narration, one aspect that surprised me is the quality of the mod content. There are :effort: mod characters and overuse of That One Cave Map, but on the whole the new side-quests seem pretty well done. The new dialogue seems pretty high-quality too, for most of it I really can't tell the difference between Bioware-written text and new content. (This applies only for the banter stuff, though. The romance mods can go straight to hell.) Pity the conversations seem rarer lately. I guess it's harder to write stuff for the later part of the game, when there are so many possible character combinations.

BTW. I do agree with Arkeus that you seem to be pushing Syv too far off the deep end lately. Is this a part of a Master Plan, or did it just end up that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Vorgen posted:

At this point in the game, when we're almost done, we're just simply out of dialogue. We've seen it all.
Oh. :( It's a pity, because the updates felt livelier with those interactions and how Vorgen wrote them into Syv's narrative. Now it's more of a one-man show. I was even going to suggest voting on getting rid of :effort: mod characters like Mur'neth and Bub like we did with Eldoth to let the better developed characters breathe, but from what you and Cythereal wrote, it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

Also, I kinda regret reading the spoiler, because it made me look forward to something we'll probably have to wait another year for.

Vorgen posted:

everybody has more hit points than Xan, even Squirrel.
Thread title material.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
The day will come when some hapless soccer mom or journalist stumples upon some seedy modding community like that, and some sensationist media outlet FOX News ends up doing one of their "Think of the children" features. Connecting the game to child molesters, demonizing the developers, "why aren't the police doing anything", the works. It will be such a trainwreck.

I can't even tell if they'd be entirely wrong, too.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
I hesitate to ask, but what's the story with the Sarevok romance?

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

I could perhaps suggest that the attraction would be his AMAZING VOICE.
I can see that. Reading Shar-Teel's lines in Kevin Michael Richardson's voice is how I got through that part of the LP.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Choronzons son posted:

A good tactic is to cast invisibility on your thief and have him slowly scout out the whole map, since
disarming traps doesn't break invisibility. You can also mark groups of monsters on your map.
Holy poo poo, really? I never even considered doing that. Vorgen, please do this, I can't bear to lose Will again.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
The minmaxer im me screams to give it to Viconia and transfer the gains to BG2, but I'm going to vote Syv just to see if the mods throw enough Tomes of Wisdom at us to turn our hero into Gandalf, the Lord of Murder.

Yes to equipment, provided the stronger equipment goes to weaker characters. Maybe then poor motherfuckers like Xzar can actually get a level or two in.

Also, once we decorate everyone, will you be selling the lower-grade surplus stuff? Just so Syv can actually buy something nice for themselves for once?

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Man, Durlag's is such an awesome dungeon from start to finish. :allears: The Compass Room in particular is a great bit of story telling, mixing some creepy exposition with a nice puzzle.

That said...
Hoooooly poo poo that's a jarring addition of a mod character.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Well, I guess we now only have 4 charater slots to vote for, the second is permanently set.

Also, banter! How I missed it. :3: Pity it, uh, didn't last longer.

edit:

The Iron Rose posted:

on that note, Vorgen, please tell me you've the mod that gives you irenicus as a level 30 party member in ToB.
At the risk of getting too spoiler-happy in this thread, how the gently caress does that work?

Pizdec fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Nov 3, 2013

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Does Elminster actually have any spells in-game? I know we can stuff him with scrolls anyway, I'm just curious.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

How is his AC both 0 and -5? Schrödinger's Kagain?

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Vorgen posted:

One of the mages casts a spell at us, and Xzar falls!
You son of a bitch.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
If nothing else, it spawned the aligment meme/demotivational posters. Discussing characters from nerdy properties through the lens of D&D systems is such a wonderfully goony undertaking, I can't help but love it.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
I like Strategy 3, but I don't know how feasible it would be, so Strategy 1 it is.

Firebead - he's a high-level mage that I doubt the AI will utilize properly, and he's been such an integral part of the team.
Branwen - it's just not the same without our old flame. :getin:
Lady Seafoam, Black Bear, Squirrel - if they die, we can just get new ones and pretend nothing's happened. :shepface:

Pizdec fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jan 29, 2014

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Jesus, what's with the Squirrel backlash?

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

If that is true, I IMMEDIATELY vote to off the god drat furry. With EXCESIVE prejudice.
No you fool, vote for whatever it is. Whatever the initial reaction is, it will result in an immediate and overwhelming backlash, so you better grit your teeth and pretend to like it.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Holy poo poo did the deserters make the right call.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
That was equal measures :staredog: and :munch:. All I can say is... what the gently caress happened there? Was it the chaos spell? Did the characters have their AI scripts turned off? Because that made for a nice twist ending, but it would be a shame if all of them turned out the same way.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Shugojin posted:

The neutral NPCs got hit by a fireball from one of the bunnies. I think. Something with friendly fire. The AI interprets this as the PC being a psychopath assaulting random people and everybody goes hostile!
I figured it was something like that. I'm still curious why they just stood there like a bunch of pissants before the bunnies went off.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

utonium posted:

[url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3435303&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=196#post425006872]number 2 doesn't sound viable for the same reasons that caused number 1 to be such a ratfuck.
Is there an easy fix for that like messing with the AI scripts or something? Or even an insane fix like charming everyone? I was really psyched for the all-out brawl but it seems the game is giving us the middle finger. :(

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Wait, poo poo, doesn't the summoned creatures limit apply to charmed creatures as well? Unless the limit was lifted in BWP.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
This one's a no-brainer, I wanted to see Ending E pretty much since I've started reading the LP.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

Do it French style, since there are only two options doing well... end the vote, and then have everyone re-vote for either B or E. Not perfect, but better.
I'd be for that as well.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Vorgen posted:

Imoen Friendship mod, and I chose the latter.
Huh, what does that do? I thought BG2 already was pretty much about the friendship/family relationship between CHARNAME and Imoen. Unless the mod is just to remove the romance mod and mod the game to be exactly like the vanilla game in that aspect because the romance is just so horrible that you have to make double-sure to remove all traces of it. :psyduck:

edit -

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

We are here to witness a person who has gone crazy from exposure to chaos and wild magic play a character who was insane to begin with.
Well I guess some of the crazy voices in Syv's head just happen to appreciate the value of narrative closure. :colbert:

Pizdec fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 31, 2014

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Vorgen posted:

It's most of Icewind Dale.
Wow, they included a completely different game in its (more or less) entirety. I'm kinda surprised whoever holds the rights to IWD didn't clamp down on these guys.

Also holy poo poo, there were a lot parts of modded BG1 made me want to install BWP myself. In contrast, the very first part of BG2 made me thank God I'm not the one playing this game. Makes for a nice sequence for an LP, but it seems like an absolute... well, chore to play.

Pizdec fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 8, 2014

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Can't wait for a creepypasta about how someone booted up the newest BWP revision and EVERY NPC WAS SAERLITH!!! :eek:

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Ah, Skyrim modding. BWP can be awful at parts, but at least it hasn't descended to the level of Realistic Horse Vaginas.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

BG1 Romantic Encounters, what else?
Isn't that like a major mod pack? :stonk:

edit

Fruits of the sea posted:

So uhh, back on topic... What the hell did modders do to Icewind Dale?! Invisible horrors spamming chaos and level drain is far beyond what would be expected of a party just arriving in Irenicus' dungeon, even assuming some extra levels from imported characters
Which makes me wonder how overpowered we're going to be when we finally get back. NPC levels are still based on PC level at the time of recruitment, right?

Although I'm not sure you can even be overpowered for BWP.

Pizdec fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Sep 28, 2014

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
The Lord of Screenshots shall perish. But in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. LPs will be sown from their passage. So sayeth the wise Alaundo.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

You haven't seen anything yet. Case in point: Icewind Dale.
So are there are content mods to Icewind Dale that are themselves included in the Icewind Dale mod to this game? Is this the start of videogame singularity? Is the whole Infinity Engine going to be modded into Skyrim in the next 10 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Left Door, Streetfighter

Thug may be more fitting, but it's too thievish and I want to see if Streetfighter is as broken as it seems.

Also, if Streetfighter wins, please give him a Wand of Magic Missiles that he can open fights with while shouting "Hadouken!".

• Locked thread