Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Vorgen, i think you might have missed a modded area in your travels... theres a few extra areas in the firewine bridge overworld area that you access from one of the bridge spires, the bottom most one if i recall. its like the thing in ulcaster ruins where you have to find the right pixel. can't remember what mod it's from though but i don't recall you going into it. it used a bunch of iwd area art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

ETB posted:

I wonder if the mod changed what Gorion leaves for you in his room.

one of the mods changes things slightly. bg1npc turns the letter into a conversation event you have with everyone in the group the second you pick it up. also changing npcs after this chapter will auto-start child of bhaal convos and poo poo randomly as if they were in the group at the time... but with this set of mods there was probably a balor in the room or something.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Shei-kun posted:

I like how we have Power Word: Kill and we're not even in BG2 yet :allears:

"Here, in a game that was originally balanced to be beaten by level 5 to 7, have a NINTH LEVEL SPELL because you'll need it."

it's one of the more hilarious bugs from bgspawns. i kept finding level 7-8 spells on gibberlings for no reason.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Sarevok's diary will conclusively provide the revelation, and it is not a missable item.

nah, its totally missable. but with mods... the bg1npc mod expanded the diary into a huge loving novel, its really detailed and quite nice and foreshadows throne of bhaal and the five and all that poo poo.

but it's totally missable. you only need to go back through iron throne base if tomako asks you do and its easy as hell to miss her in the rush of the ending. you can just go straight to flaming fist hq and then the sewers.

but yeah, continue on i say, ignorance is bliss.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 31, 2013

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Hah that could be great. Everyone knows but Syv, probably thinks everyones been drinking too much.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

bg1 mod content is tiny compared to what's installed for soa/tob in bwp.

this will become all too clear the very second he enters irenicus fun dungeon.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Cythereal posted:

In the BG1 NPC Project, only Imoen says anything about it.

nah. jaheira does if she's there in the room, dynaheir says something about it once you leave candlekeep because its all part of her quest and only if you're in a romance with her and xan talks about it too both in and out of romance. oh and tiax gets weird about it because of the whole cyric thing.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 21, 2014

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

E (because if shes in the group when the game moves to bg2 she'll still have it), Syv, yes, yes, Xzar

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 22, 2014

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Livewire42 posted:

With the Big World Project on who gets imported into Chateau Irenicus? If Minsc or Jaheira die do they show up? Or Imoen? Cause the second game wouldn't make too much sense without her.

they all still turn up if they died in bg1. its only if you transition with them do they get to keep their levels and spells and poo poo. but theres no loving around with npcs in bg2 if they died in 1 as not to break the game. (only imoen and edwin would really do that i think)

though if they die in bg1 i'm hoping vorgen ctrl+y's them for the lp.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

couple of gameplay things that have changed in a bwp regarding the end of bg1. the game doesn't end when sarevok dies, you have to go back all the way up the surface, but there are items on the corpses of sarevok and his minions that can transfer over to bg2. you won't actually go straight to bg2 unless to talk to an npc and he gives you a new quest so you'll be free to finish up stuff in bg1 before going to bg2.

in regards to the final fight: im sure there is a method to have the npcs controllable but not in your group, like some summons where you can use their spells and stuff but you cant see their inventory or record sheet. not sure how to go about it though but accession mod does it, (you'll see what i mean when you get to tob in 2029) does the friendship mod give them ai to fight with you out of party? i see situations of npcs going hostile against you due to a fireball or something if that mod doesn't do anything.

im not sure if you can leave the temple once you enter it until sarevok is dead, but i know he will never leave it. him and his cronies are at the top of the temple and the fight only starts when you see him so you can set everything up without worrying about starting the fight early. i could probably test leaving the temple myself when i load my own game but in regards to bring the whole company down there i would use the pocket plane to transport everyone (if they fit!) rather than going down group by group.

man, this is going to be some fun.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 28, 2014

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

the diary is from bg1npc and if i recall a lot of it based on in-game hints and stuff from devs post-tob. (i think gaider when he was making accession but don't quote me on that)

always made me laugh they added dates on there that would never match up with the current game dates.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

there are 2 or 3 new npcs for bg1 that got released within the 2 years the lp's been running, a drow and an half-orc i think.

scs and bgspawns makes the last area before the temple "fun" and bg1npc did do something in the maze but you need to be in a romance with dynaheir i think. also i think you were suppose to do northern tales of the sword coast at this point or after the final battle, i forget. or was that fields of the dead? eh who knows.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i agree. bwp is one big game, this should be one big thread.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

it's already got a "backup" at shs forums.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Mister Adequate posted:

We're reaching the end!

It's almost time!

hahahaha i've been waiting for this day.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Vorgen must be stuck in some kind of npc equipping purgatory.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

That last screenshot is beautiful! I dig how some of them thought "gently caress this guy" and pissed off, much better than all of them blindly following you to their horrible deaths.

It's happening!

Honestly seeing that kind of bro group picture ready for battle is making me want to throw my current game out of the window and start all over again, just to try that in last battle myself, loving glorious. About Jaheira and Khalid, i had that problem with them too, whenever i would remove one of them they would just both piss off back to the FAI every drat time, there's a way to fix it i think but sod it, those harper wusses can miss on glory.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 3, 2014

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

:stare: that was something.

but go best bro kagain!

i'm digging how it fits story wise though into journey, everyone knows your heritage now, they all conspired to get rid of you out of fear. that is if this one gets voted on, its a strong contender. man it even fits with the intro fmv for bg2.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 6, 2014

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

for a second there i almost thought you were going to do it.

i thought though, in scs, you have to take out the skeleton warrior versions of his crew too before you could damage him? i'm probably remembering wrong.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Aumanor posted:

Basically I really hope that book gets transferred to BGII :haw:.

i think it does if its still on the character during import. its just very well hidden.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Ilyich posted:

The BG1 final battle is still modded by SCS as of v.28. The chapter 6 fight with Prat and his 3 goons in the Candlekeep Catacombs was removed recently, as was the modder's version of Improved Irenicus. Both of those fights are currently as they are in vanilla version of your install, outside the AI changes from Smarter General AI, Mages and Priests etc. if you've got those installed.

any reason why they were removed? seems weird to remove it rather than make it optional. improved irenicus is quite fun from what i've seen.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

one of the tweak packs does remove the summon limit, not sure if its installed for syv but it probably is.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

:stare: incredible. simply incredible.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Oh boy. Folks: if you thought BG1 had been modded to hell and back, you haven't seen anything yet.

Part of which is my doing. I actually made one of the BG2 NPC mods we'll be seeing, and all I'm going to say in my defense is that I wrote it when I was in high school and my first couple years of college.

i made a katana. i barely remember what it does but i do recall it being a stupidly insanely overpowered piece of poo poo that some guy requested on one of the forums once where he wrote a incoherent, badly spelt, badly formatted and way too long backstory that i cut and pasted without fixing anything. i then used it as my claim to the throne of bg modding back in the day. :frogc00l: my ex had some stuff turn up in few infinity engine mods too which is just weird as gently caress now.

i think the katana ended up in ajoc's mod not sure if its still there but i can't wait to find out!

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 11:05 on May 23, 2014

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

what the poo poo, bear! and i was so sure he was gonna carry the rest of them through.

firebead kinda surprised me but then i remembered he's level 14 or some such right?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Ending F because someone has to.

khajiit remember when the dragon broke...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Now it is time to venture deeper into the mod rabbit hole. None of us will ever be the same again.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Shei-kun posted:

I can't wait to see the final Roll of the Dead tally for this game.

And by "this game" I mean Baldur's Gate I.

I was also wondering how they were going to tie in the beginning of BGII into this without having it just suddenly happen.

I kinda prefer the way bg1npc mod does the tie over, better written (slightly) but they disabled that for non-tutu games.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

romantic encounters is loving hilarious and really messed up. the first one you come across almost looks like it was written by the imoen romance guy, almost. rest of them lure you in with promises of quests and loot but just leave you just feeling really awkward.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

never underestimate the bandit, the bane of all adventuring bands.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Cythereal posted:

I'm sorry to post this here, but earlier the Romantic Encounters mod was talked about. I found this exchange on that mod's forum.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

you're gonna wish you didn't know that sterilizing really, seriously, 100% is in the mod.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

from what i remember reading, that whole area was supposed to be part of an alternate sneaky way into the palace through a ganger infested sewer where the two assassins were suppose to meet up and kill the dukes. kinda surprised it didnt end up in UB or something but then again i only found out about it last year and i thought i had seen it all.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 2, 2014

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

is it in the zip? i seem to recall having this problem on an old install i still have, it required a tobex.ini folder with the file inside rather than a file in the main dir... sorry its no help, im at work at the moment so i cant check for sure on my install for another hour or so.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 2, 2014

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

having now looked, you should have a folder named TobEx_ini with a TobEx_ini.txt file and a core and tweaks .ini file.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

going through the bws list on the npcs and i find "silver star" with this discription

quote:

"The evil elven assassin has crude and cruel dialogs. She has banters with NPCs from SoA, but not from ToB. You should always have Silver Star in your party if you install the mod, because if you don't do that, dialogues get scrumbled and it causes a faulty game."

the gently caress. nice way to get your character used 100% of the time i guess. :|

vorgen, i hope you didn't install that mess.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Some of the mods for bwp14 have some annoying bugs though, and even more annoying is you have to search endlessly through posts for the hope of a hotfix.

Like i spent the whole of yesterday looking for a fix for the bgt music issue that has cropped up because of the new weidu. Some music gets messed uo and areas will play differently like having tavern music at the gnoll fortress for example. Found a hotfix but not sure if it works since it takes 12 years to install the whole thing if you want to use scs.

Theres also a parsing install error for bgtgrapics you have to hunt for (all on shs forums) bur other than that i think a big install is mostly stress free. I'll be cool and post links to those hotfixs when i get back home in a good few hours for anyone who wants then.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 4, 2014

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Vorgen posted:

Here's my new Weidu.log. It's got spoilers, so beware.

Hahah holy poo poo you installed never ending journey, this should be fun but word of warning, save a lots because this mod will autokill the player character because you didnt do something 20 hours ago. The install wasnt marked red for nothing...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

aren't kobolds lizard's or protodragons or something? i've seen the portrait for kari in eportraits and its like, what.

and what's up with the Plane of Earth because i have that installed too... is it bugged?

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 4, 2014

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

A very good question, with the answer varying on whom you are asking! I made it and I still don't know what triggers the failure.
- It works on a clean install of GOG BG2 and DVD BG2.
- It fails to install on GOG Mac version due to the ambient sounds being locked by the system until the moment you encounter them in-game. For some reason. Also if you delete the ambients from the areas the tisunpack still doesn't work.
- It crashes on BG2EE on OS X due to the tileset not unpacking correctly. I think I could fix this by making the area Windspear Hills copy but I wanted to get rid of the cabin and look where it got me. Also I'd need to remake everything.
- It reportedly works on the CD version of BG

oh, okay. i'm using the original cd version and it looks like it has installed fine... gonna be awhile before i see it though since i'm starting over fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i vote for it to keep going too, all the way to the end.

• Locked thread