Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Just finished reading all the way through this Vorgen - it only took a week and a half - and wanted to say thank you for producing a wonderfully enjoyable LP. It's been a real pleasure to follow Syvishtar(a) through the stages of grief, madness and the will of the weave. Needless to say I'm greatly looking forward to the conclusion of BG1. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Part of me hopes he drops in the first few moments under a hail of arrow fire. Purely because the image of Hedgehog Sarevok makes me giggle a little bit.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

This is amazingly, stupendously, magnificently, splendiferously awesome! :dance:

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Much as I love Bunnygeddon I must go with the best narrative ending.

So I vote Ending E.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

D.

I'm really looking forward to IWD, when it first came out I never had the time to play it and now I've got even less time. So it will be fun to experience the story for the first time.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Just because no one is directly and expressly attacking Syv at this particular moment doesn't mean they won't stop forever. One way or another someone powerful enough to be a problem will start to view Syv as a threat or as a target for some mystical reason due to his/her relationship to the Lord of Murder. The best way to prepare for such eventualities is to gather together as many people as possible to use as meat-shields/useful foils against future opponents whilst maintaining a healthy stack of owed favours from people spread far and wide. Not to mention the gaining of those favours will likely involve a fair amount of corpse/ruin/abandoned temple/idiotic peasant's home/unattended cargo crate looting, not to mention any reward money that may be involved. All of which can be used to replenish Syv's wealth stocks and guard against the wild surges disappearing chunks of said money every so often. All of which can be used to purchase magical spells and equipment.

Plus even if the people who dropped a mountain on Syv's head weren't aiming at him/her specifically they should still take a dirt nap as soon as possible on the principle of the thing. After all if you don't brutally massacre anyone who tries to kill you then it's just an invitation for others to try and do the same thing! It's like with bandits, you don't simply fend of their attack and then shrug your shoulders and move on, you find their camp, surround and capture them in the dead of night and then hang one on the roadside every quarter mile through the territory they used to prey upon. Examples must be made.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Vorgen posted:

I'm not dead! I'll try to post something in a few days.

Awesome, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Icewind Dale!

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Awesome stuff Vorgen, I can understand the lure of Skyrim time but I must admit that I'm inappropriately happy that you're back to the LP! :dance:

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

:stare:

My world is measurably worse now that I know that mod exists. Hell the chances of a biblical style apocalypse are probably measurably higher due to the existence of that mod.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

I quite like the mini updates, the size is eminently digestible.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Aye, I like the long updates as well but frankly what matters more is that you have fun making them. And if short updates are easier and more enjoyable to produce then I'm all for it.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Slaan posted:

Hey, we have money now!

2 votes it all goes POOF within the spells of the next combat update. :commissar:

Well now of course it will happen!

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

I'd say, given IWDs nature, it might be best to ignore thread participation to a degree to get it done as quickly as possible. Because whilst it is interesting for those who've never played it before, all I've heard is that IWD is more focused on combat over story than Baldur's Gate 2. So the sooner we're through the Dale the quicker we can get back to interesting party composition and thread made mistakes decisions.

Which is not to say I'm not enjoying IWD, I am, it's just that it seems like a section that can benefit from less thread participation for the time being.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

I'm going to say that condensing the fights here in IWD unless they're really interesting/important is a good idea.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

A, but if it looks like it's going to be impossible after a few tries I'd just skip it.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

What I'm looking forward to is the end of BG TOB, when with any luck after the credits roll Syv wakes up in the Pillars universe very, very, confused.

Hopefully by that point someone will have added in some kind of Wild Mage class.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

It's nice to see Syv letting the weave work it's wonderful magic more frequently, and with wonderfully bovine results too!

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Depends if you want to do absolutely everything the BWP has to offer. If so I'd advise perhaps running through some/most of the NPC quests on fast forward, skipping all but the important fights and perhaps condensing dialogue if the mod authors are big fans of Impenetrable Blocks of TextTM.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Merry Minsc
Merry Raziel
Merry Wulfgar.
Merry Worgas.
Merry Jaheira.

Edit: Though if possible I'd put all votes into a "Don't Let anyone die" vote, purely because if we're going to have a character killed it should either be because they get chunked in combat or because the voices in Syv's head demand that they die for being an irritating twit. For example once Hrothgar has outlived his purpose I say we gently caress about with the game a bit and prevent him going back to his time purely so we can give him the same treatment as Sir Billy Bob.

BwenGun fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 27, 2015

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Just think of the army of NPCs we can unleash against bosses towards the end of the game. :allears:

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Might be an idea to have one or two party slots left up to Vorgen to decide, at his discretion, in order to fill up a tactical deficit (i.e. healers) or enable character specific quests.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Perdido posted:

I'm in favor of scrapping that stupid Virtue mod, as it seems to be reacting in weird ways to other mods. I'm pretty sure that defending yourself against a group of thugs who kidnapped someone isn't grounds for a shift to Chaotic Evil alignment.

I concur.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Slaan posted:

I highly enjoy all the color and sex changes. It just keep the thread fresh and interesting as you wrote Syv differently each time something changed due to wild magic yet managed to keep a coherent personality that made real progress.

I concur. And would also add that I've also really enjoyed most of the way Syv has reacted to the fickle ever changing will of the weave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Those songs really make me wish the LP had it's own special NPC/Companion. Someone who witnessed Syv in action and was so traumatised by the experience that they decided that Syv was the prophet of the Weave and that their calling from now on would be to follow Syv around as his/her disciple and chronicler. Randomly proselyting the common folk as the party walks by, singing hymns of Syvs great deeds and generally letting people know to trust in the Will of the Weave and extolling the virtues of Rabbits to random passers by due to their spirits going on to form the Leporidae Chorus and the Will of the Weave made manifest in righteous, and somewhat fluffy, destruction!

• Locked thread