Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Come on Pit Fighter! We need someone who can knock out some teeth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
+5 to Finch! She's a fun character that isn't too over the top

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
B then, he died doing what he was there for. Let him rot in peace.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
There's been a lot of studies about PTSD and how killing someone affects a person. Does using magic make it any less impersonal?

What *is* our kill count at this point in the game I wonder...

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Considering we also haven't had to make Slowbeef come in and close the thread between updates, I think we are on the moral (alignment) high ground.

The issue with alignment seems to be that at the end of the day, it doesn't allow for the fact that people tend to do stuff that doesn't fit. Does a LG paladin fall for stealing someone's bacon at the breakfast table? How about not giving back the incorrect change? What about the CE necromancer that has a pet kitten (living) that he loves and attends to, and when it gets sick goes through a lot of trouble just to have someone heal it?

Like was said before, I always assume alignment is sort of a blanket statement about a person's actions, and when you get down to brass tacks you're going to see a lot of events where someone didn't act to alignment, but it doesn't matter because it doesn't create a shift in the world.

I do have to say though, playing an evil campaign where your group is not out to destroy things, but just to accumulate power and money is amazingly fun. I had a character with butchery, and he would just make smoked and dried meat from anything the group killed, and sell it to goblins, orcs, or any other intelligent creatures they met. Sadly it ended before I could introduce the Holiday Meat & Cheese basket stalls.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
This entire section feels like a heck of a slog, even for Baulder's Gate. Add on top that Dar is just such a whipping boy archetype, and I have to give you my respect for slogging through this section.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm just very curious what our intrepid Wild Mage will take as a lesson from this turn of events. Complaining about the world gets you gibb'd?

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Vorgen posted:

Here's a list of things that have kept me occupied aside from actually posting an update:
  • developing a board game with my buddy
  • trying to figure out how to deal with a problem player in my Pathfinder session

Is it wrong that I kinda hope the second lead to the first? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Huzzah an update! Let's welcome you back Vorgen, and welcome back an old companion! 1

• Locked thread