Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Oh god you crazy sonofabitch can you really do this? I tried delving into this mod not too long ago but the crazy drove me into a corner and I've never tried again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Keep Imoen for exactly the same reason as above, ranged fighters in BG are nice. Dump Montaran because I've always hated his guts.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I stop stop laughing every time I read Will's name because of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3-aXzxjHS0

Edit:

AJ_Impy posted:

Finch, Imoen, Rose, Gavin, Shar-Teel, Kagain. Keep Haiass.

Also agreeing with this part. Shar-Teel + Frostbrand or whatever the name of that big rear end sword is will look amazing.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Boneless Jogger posted:

I cannot get over the fact that Shar-Teel's romance uses the Icewind Dale theme, of all things.

To be fair it's an epic theme for an epic romance. Gangly mage gets big warrior woman? Oh yeah that's one for the history books.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

pumpinglemma posted:

Oh look at that, someone non-creepy with the stats to make a half-decent warrior. And also someone who might get fun dialog/attempted murder with Tiax or Xzar. Ditch Shar-Teel for Ajantis.

This is what I was thinking. I give this a Thumb's Up of +1.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I've been here since the beginning and I love the story you're weaving.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Finely caught up again. I guess having pneumonia was good for something today. Still loving everything you are doing.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
5 on Squirrel

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

bladedsmoke posted:

I honestly believe that a lot of good writers experience this kind of realization at least once or twice.

"Oh hey, this thing I churned out at 2 in the morning... actually works really loving well! It's thematically consistent and everything! Huh."

I got a lot of praise in a writing class I took for a piece I hammered out in fifty drunken minutes at two in the morning. It actually came together fantastic and somehow I managed to push out twelve pages of short story.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

cigaw posted:

Vorgen, I've just plowed through the entire thread after a few slow days at work and I have to say you're one beautiful crazy bastard. I've really enjoyed this LP so far. :allears:

It's sad now that I need to actually wait for updates alongside the rest of the scrubs plebes goons fans goofans.

I totally know the feeling. I used to let five or six updates go by so I could read them as a big block.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Oh man after waiting for so long we're finally going to get stuck in good and proper!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I need no other ending other than Ending B , that was glorious.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I want to vote bunnies, I really do, but E was glorious.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Black Bear
Deaths: 1
Slain by Section 1 Elite in Section 1 Headquarters

Black Bear did manage to die once.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Willie Tomg posted:

I just remembered that even though there's gonna be munchkin mod content that'll do this alone, playing IWD is going to make the munchkin IWD-themed gear in the Coronet and Adventurer's Mart absolutely pointless.

The only way this is getting more bonkers is playing Planescape as a really involved dream sequence.

Multiple dream sequences, to make it really loving hard to slog through. Every time you sleep In BG2 (or IWD) you have to play a segment of Planescape, just enough to get involved in the storyline again. Before it rips your away and you have to play BG2 again.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Who is Ravel and why is she important?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Holy poo poo. I found a binder of old game disks and amid the collection of Hitman games, Omikron, and the entire Medal of Honor series, I found my old BG2 and IWD1/2 cds. I also found the thick as gently caress instruction manuals that came with them.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I could care less about Willie, but please give Dorfl a class so he can survive.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
We haven't had a good monk rant in a while. I think we're due.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
All of those are great moments. The moment where everyone bugged out and attacked the PC stands out the most though.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Welcome back, thread :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Lilarcor! Oh yes, the best blade.

• Locked thread