Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
This is awesome. I love BG and BG2, and have often wondered about this modification. Will definitely be following this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
I agree with Duskblade as well. As for that little nook in the trees, I believe the Item Randomizer doesn't place anything there at all, mostly because it randomizes locations based on a "level" that the mod places on items. Due to the Ring of Wizardry being a high level item (for BG1 anyway), the mod makers likely didn't want you having access to some awesome loot so easily.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
I love how... everything Will Scarlet said... ended in ellipses...

Seriously though, people seem to think you can just throw them in all over the loving place or something when writing dialogue.

You may as well keep him for now, that ability sounds hilarious.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
We have all used Minsc a million times. Use him to retrieve Dynaheir, then ditch him.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

jng2058 posted:

This. This is the way we should do this. If we only stick with the canon party, no matter how changed, the experience isn't that much different from a standard version of BG.

There's a solution available here...we rotate through the characters and then bring BACK certain fan favorites like Viconia and Minsc, but we should be willing to give them time off so we can look at the new people too.

I agree with this plan.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Tag Plastic posted:

Voting that you raise Ben Stiller, even if you end up ditching him later. I'm rather regretting that Monty and Eldoth got corpsed even though I'd have voted for that at the time, I just like the idea of the pub packed with every possible party member.

Generally, I'd like to see this game go as far off the rails as possible, rather than veering back to canon party + banter mod. And at least demonstrate any ridiculous loot, even if you pack it away afterwards because it makes the game no fun. I'm here to witness a trainwreck :colbert:

I would hope no one came into this thread expecting anything but.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
The OP is doing a great job so far and I am really enjoying this thread, but c'mon, when you have something like this where almost every mod made is included, no matter how awful or weird, you have to realize what you are walking into.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
Finch, Gavin, Kivan, Rose, and Shar-Teel.

EDIT: Wait I suppose you should have a thief, sub Finch out for Tiax.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
I say you cheat a Manual of Constitution in and raise Kagain back to 20.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Vorgen posted:

Sorry, I already made a pledge of no cheating, but there are actual Manuals of Constitution we could use on him when we find them.

Except that Kagain is supposed to have 20 Con, I just figured if everyone agrees on that it would be more a correction then cheating. Hell, Coran got to keep his 20 Dex with no explanation, yet Kagain got shafted.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Vorgen posted:

Ok, so it looks like Coran's Geschicklichkeit is also only going to be 19. A pity, truly. I only respect a man if his Geschicklichkeit is 20 at least.

This is outrageous. Just outrageous.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
Once she has a level or two under her belt she will be less death prone. Rez her.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
+5 Tiax as well.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
There is not enough Tiax love here. He can summon a Dread Wolf. Then we can have TWO wolves!

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Vorgen posted:

I'm pretty sure that's Faldorn, not Tiax. Tiax summons Ghasts.

Oh. Well Ghasts are also pretty chill. My point is that Tiax is an amusing character. Also he is my favorite class combo in theory, though a big pain to use since pickpocket and lock picking both have to be accessed through the special ability button EVERY TIME.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Cythereal posted:

A Kensai lesbian demigoddess whose defining personality traits are "cool" and "awesome."

I looked a little bit into what NPC mods are involved in this. We are going to have a LOT of fun if this thing makes it to BG2. There are just so many awful looking NPCs to choose from, just waiting for us in Amn.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Fighting Trousers posted:

I think in this case "modern" is being used to describe the modding process/coding used to put the character in the game, not the character himself. As for Kelsey himself, I don't hate him. He passes my litmus test for male NPCs - he's no worse than Anomen. (which isn't the highest bar, I know)

Now I kind of want an actual modern NPC. "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious poo poo."

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
With one tank, who has terrible Con, this will be the finest update Faerun has ever seen. I am glad Tiax made the cut though.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Vorgen posted:

Finch has the same AC as Shar-Teel and twice the hit points, so I think she'll try her hand at tanking too.

That is good news while also being hilarious. I forgot Clerics make excellent tanks, especially early level where the thac0 difference isn't so obvious.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
Replace Shar-Teel with Ajantis.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Xander77 posted:

What was the point of the whole voting thing if you just ended the romance on your own?

Yea I was kind of wondering that too. I mean it was obviously going to be awful and I can understand if you didn't want to do it, but it was odd to have us vote under the pretense that the romance would be pursued.

EDIT: Oh alright, well kick her anyway.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
Hey man, Baldur's Gate is serious business.

One thing that is unfortunate about Ajantis is his Dex is nice and bad, just like the man he is squiring for! This would normally be an easy fix, but seeing as how we don't know where the Gauntlets of Dexterity are...

EDIT: Somehow I never noticed until now that Shar-Teel has 14 Dex. She has to be the worst fighter I have ever seen.

ShiningForceHero fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 28, 2011

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
You got absolutely shafted on that hit point roll for Ajantis. That was what, a 2 out of a possible 10?

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
I think we have all enjoyed enough of people dying in updates. Go south and gain some levels.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Vorgen posted:

Maybe we should start a deathboard. The highest-dying characters could win special prizes or something.

It would be entertaining at least keeping up with who has died the most, maybe with an explanation for what killed the character and where, similar to the Ironman Thread.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

And Bub Snikt? Seriously?

He was a joke reference to Wolverine the was originally in the game, the mod just makes him a joinable NPC.

I say kick Tiax for Viconia, and I would like to know more about this ridiculously under-explained Mage Hunter class. As for the death means retirement for a bit idea, I like it.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
Algernon's Cloak may have been altered anyway, since it was so game-breaking before; I wouldn't be surprised if some modder nerfed it.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
F, just because I am sure that we will see enough of him at some point anyway.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
D I am sure this isn't the last we will see of him, so let's give him a break.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
Basically the gauntlets appear to grant more attacks at the cost of lowering the likelihood of any of the hits connecting. At this stage in the game they may not be worth using.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
EDIT: Making a vote change.

C

ShiningForceHero fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 21, 2011

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Anal Papist posted:

It's kind of disappointing to see people vote for the same characters everytime. This is a good chance to see different base characters and different modded characters. Yet we seem to always have a party with Minsc, Imoen, and Viconia. It is not suprising that the first vote against any paticular character the bandwaggon piles on one of the non goon favourites.

Really looking forward to BG2 when we have Minsc, Aerie, and Viconia 100% of the time.

Honestly I would have voted to dump Minsc, but due to the previous discussion where some of us tried to argue the merit in NOT using him or other fan favorites and got soundly shut down, I have sort of given up on it.

Anyway, what you should actually be looking forward to in BG2 is gratuitous use of Jan Jansen. I'm betting he and Minsc will be seeing a lot of usage, even with like 40 mod characters or whatever.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
Honestly I am fine with all three being back, mainly because they are 3 more original characters that I feel don't get as much use in a typical run through; I know I have never used them much myself.

Out of curiosity, does this mean Ajantis is still gone as well?

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
1. E

2. A

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
+5 Shar-Teel

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
That image just has so many dudes in it that guessing seems rather intimidating. I do enjoy how most of the people are in the right corner, I guess the others aren't cool enough to hang. Or maybe it's the other way around...

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Vorgen posted:

I guess I should have asked the thread for a vote on what to do with the Manual of Bodily Health. I'll do that next time. I know your powergamer hearts are already beating arrhythmically, I wouldn't want to push you over the edge.

I only care because giving it to Xan did nothing for him. 6 and under gives negatives to HP, and 15 up gives bonuses. 7 to 14 is the same, so boosting him to 8 was completely worthless.

Also just to clarify here, in BG2 Con doesn't affect any saving throws, it is only for HP.

ShiningForceHero fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 30, 2012

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
+5 to Bub! Let's give him a chance!

As for the rep change I don't really care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
I find it amusing how against Bub people are, yet Kiera and Skeeter seemed to do decently well and they have just as little content since all three are from the same mod originally. Hell at least Bub was always there in the game, just originally unusable as a party member; pretty sure that even the little chat you can have with him from the original content of the game would give him more "character development" then the other 2.

Of course we will have more then enough character development for everyone in BG2. Perhaps too much...

• Locked thread