Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Eat_A_Bowl_Of_Dick posted:

I only watched it that one time, so I'm paraphrasing, but it was all that talk about how "the outside world has guns and crime and blah blah blah." The first thing that came to my mind was "so it's 1995."

A bunch of people I've talked to have told me that they didn't draw that conclusion from the opening, but I sure did and I was highly disappointed that it was the twist ending. I think that if the opening sequence was cut it would be a movie I totally love.

I don't think that's the films fault to be honest, I mean that description could refer to any time when guns and crime existed - ie. way earlier than 1995.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Walfry posted:

The Onion AV club did a feature a way back on Bad Scenes in Good Movies. Very literally my first thought was "Wonder if they put the shower scene from Elephant in there?" and there it is, #10.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/when-bad-scenes-happen-to-great-movies,1460/

I'm confused, they don't really say why it was a bad scene. I thought it was good in that it really drove home how little the two of them had really lived, how young they were etc. The scene is hardly erotic, or exploitative, it's just a brief kiss.

• Locked thread