Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Osmosisch posted:

The sequence starting with the Alzabo in Sword of the Lictor and culminating in the encounter with Typhon usually manages to befuddle me. There's a lot of classic Wolfe timeskips and misdirection that trip me up unless I eject myself from the reading process enough to let my memory/knowledge add context.

The confused wandering in the warzone in early Citadel also always leaves me appropriately confused and disconnected from the greater plot.

Oh man the tunnel chapters in Exodus from The Long Sun are the best/worst example of Wolfe writing at maximum Wolfe-level. I still have only the barest grasp on what went on down there and I read each section three times at a minimum.

10/10 greatest novel ever written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU