Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigSkillet
Nov 27, 2003
I said teaberry, not sandalwood!
I could've sworn there was a Gene Wolfe thread at one point prior to my reading BotNS, but figured it was only fitting if I were misremembering something related to his books.

For further Wolfe reading, my library system has all three Short Sun books but only two from Long Sun. Is it possible to read and enjoy Short Sun without having read Long Sun beforehand? I try not to get roped in to multi-volume genre series, but I think I was completely sold on reading another from Wolfe by the point where Severian pushed a two-headed corpse out of a mountaintop lair carved to look like one of its heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigSkillet
Nov 27, 2003
I said teaberry, not sandalwood!
For all the dissection the New Sun series receives, are there any decent analyses of Peace out there? I think I got the gist of what Alden was glossing over, but I'm sure I've missed some staggering connections along the way. Regardless, it's a lot more unsettling than I had imagined an old man alone(?) with his thoughts could be.