Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

ImpAtom posted:

Might as well add.

A friend of mine contacted Konami's tech support about ZoEHD and got back a message saying they're working on a patch for the issues. I donno if that'll actually happen but it's at least something.

It happened with SH, it'll probably happen with ZoE. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

They fact that they worked on ZOE HD so long and felt this was an acceptable release makes me not very confident in their ability to fix it. I wonder if a patch can really even do that much to fix these holes without completely breaking it down and rebuilding it all from the ground up.

Was the Silent Hill patch worth a drat?

Also, played a little bit more ZOE2 today and they've added some new battles and tiny cutscenes that I like so far. I also like these tiny 2 second cartoon clips they've added to ADA's subweapon explanations that illustrate the subweapon in use :)

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I just think Konami should just stop outsourcing the HD sets to this other company. I just got up to the Armada fight in ZOE2 and it lags worse than Skyrim on the PS3 before they patched it.

However the artbook that came with the set is rather snazzy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AltronHGX posted:

They fact that they worked on ZOE HD so long and felt this was an acceptable release makes me not very confident in their ability to fix it. I wonder if a patch can really even do that much to fix these holes without completely breaking it down and rebuilding it all from the ground up.

Also, played a little bit more ZOE2 today and they've added some new battles and tiny cutscenes that I like so far. I also like these tiny 2 second cartoon clips they've added to ADA's subweapon explanations that illustrate the subweapon in use :)

Those are from Anubis Special Edition, I believe.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

AltronHGX posted:

Nope, the SH collection still sucks. I don't understand why Konami keeps going, "Well the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection was really good and successful. Let's give our other projects to someone else :downs:"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RichterIX posted:

Nope, the SH collection still sucks. I don't understand why Konami keeps going, "Well the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection was really good and successful. Let's give our other projects to someone else :downs:"

Because Sony hired Bluepoint, probably.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

AltronHGX posted:

I know what you mean, but I seem to recall the game slowing down and not skipping frames, ever.

No, it dropped frames quite a bit, but it's performance is vastly better than the HD remake:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrPZrtV00kI

The minimum framerate on the PS2 version in this one section is higher than the average framerate in either the PS3 or 360 versions.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bluepoint's busy with the Vita port of Sony Smash or something. It's really unfortunate because their voodoo would have done wonders for ZOE HD. Maybe the supposed patch will make it better, or at least alleviate it ala Silent Hill HD.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

So, I'm kind of excited to try out Little Big Super Karting or whatever that's coming out soon. I am a bit worried, though.

See, I love kart games, and when Mod Nation Racers came out I was super stoked that there was a kart game that I could actually make levels with and stuff. But man, that game suffered from loading so bad. They tried to patch it, but it's still pretty bad.

Will this be a bit better on the loading aspect? Did anyone else get to play the beta or get to gently caress with it a bit?

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Green Puddin posted:

Will this be a bit better on the loading aspect? Did anyone else get to play the beta or get to gently caress with it a bit?
As I recall, the word was that the load times were no worse than LBP normally has. Which is to say, not ideal, but not particularly horrible either.

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

I just want to say that Assassin's Creed 3 owns and I want a pirate game using this engine/combat style. A remake of Sid Meier's Pirates! or something, but with more customization and more upgrades and dynamic weather and throw in some whaling too.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Green Puddin posted:

So, I'm kind of excited to try out Little Big Super Karting or whatever that's coming out soon. I am a bit worried, though.

See, I love kart games, and when Mod Nation Racers came out I was super stoked that there was a kart game that I could actually make levels with and stuff. But man, that game suffered from loading so bad. They tried to patch it, but it's still pretty bad.

I played the beta and the loading was fast, which was very impressive. This goes for both loading default tracks in the game, and also loading levels that other people had made. It's pretty much Modnation Racers without the loading problems. Well, the beta was anyways. I suppose the full game could release and suddenly have awful load times, so maybe wait for reviews?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Anyone try Okami yet? I had $20 credit but ended up getting Tokyo Jungle +DLC instead because apparently HD remakes are way easier to gently caress up than I thought possible

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Oh, hell. The reason I bought the SH Collection was because I thought both games had options for the original and new voices. I can't stay with the original voices for SH3? :smith: That sucks. I can forgive the other errors that are still around, but drat.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Danthrax posted:

I just want to say that Assassin's Creed 3 owns and I want a pirate game using this engine/combat style. A remake of Sid Meier's Pirates! or something, but with more customization and more upgrades and dynamic weather and throw in some whaling too.

I was thinking the same thing earlier today. I would buy a game using the AC3 naval stuff with any sort of open world pirate theme in a heartbeat.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Anyone try Okami yet? I had $20 credit but ended up getting Tokyo Jungle +DLC instead because apparently HD remakes are way easier to gently caress up than I thought possible

Technically it runs quite nicely. I haven't noticed any weird slowdown or anything. And thanks to the art style it still looks goddamn gorgeous. It's well worth the money. Though I guess I'm a bit biased since Okami was one of my favorite PS2 games.

The worst part is that they've removed all the Clover Studios credits, but I guess that was to be expected. :smith:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dezinus posted:

Technically it runs quite nicely. I haven't noticed any weird slowdown or anything. And thanks to the art style it still looks goddamn gorgeous. It's well worth the money. Though I guess I'm a bit biased since Okami was one of my favorite PS2 games.

The worst part is that they've removed all the Clover Studios credits, but I guess that was to be expected. :smith:

When I saw the preview pics on the PSN it looked much blurrier than I expected, was that just a low resolution pic relative to how the final game looks?

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

smenj posted:

To eveyone talking about ZoE: does anyone know if the game was ever widely released in the UK? I remember I had a demo of the first game years ago (it was something like half an hour long, which really impressed me at the time) and thought it was brilliant fun. The only reason I never bought it was because I literally never saw it in any shop, ever. Was I just being an idiot (I guess I was pretty young at the time), or was the game in limited supply here or something?

Yeah, both games got limited releases in Europe. They reprinted ZOE2 last year, along with a bunch of other Konami PS2 games, so you can find it in any GAME shop.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

When I saw the preview pics on the PSN it looked much blurrier than I expected, was that just a low resolution pic relative to how the final game looks?

I don't think it looks blurry at all. It's also great with a Move is you happen to have one of those lying around.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Due to not being able to hear anyone at all in Borderlands 2 I'm seeking a ps3 microphone. Any suggestions for something in the $100 to $150 range preferably wireless?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Xeras posted:

Due to not being able to hear anyone at all in Borderlands 2 I'm seeking a ps3 microphone. Any suggestions for something in the $100 to $150 range preferably wireless?
I'm very happy with my Playstation-branded Bluetooth earpiece microphone thing. It's only $40 though, why do you want to spend more than $100?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 4, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Xeras posted:

Yeah, the Sony Pulse elite edition. It's wireless 7.1 headset/mic, and an incredibly good piece of hardware. A lot of places online have it marked down from $150 to $130.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Hey guys I'm kinda excited about Black Ops 2. I really liked the first one especially the campaign. The whole future thing is appealing to me and I'm also excited that Trent Reznor is doing the musical score.

Am I a bad person?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Housh posted:

Hey guys I'm kinda excited about Black Ops 2. I really liked the first one especially the campaign. The whole future thing is appealing to me and I'm also excited that Trent Reznor is doing the musical score.

Am I a bad person?

You are worse than double Hitler.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I don't think the games are that bad. I always have fun when playing them, but I refuse to buy them anymore. I usually just wait til my brother gets them and play them that way.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Eh, the COD series has some really good games. I'm skipping BO2 personally since I still enjoy Modern Warfare 3 a lot and the only new shooter I'm interested in buying is Halo 4.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Housh posted:

Am I a bad person?

I'm just going to Gamefly it but I'm interested in it. I kind of liked the first BLOPS' story mode and putting this one in the near future seems like it could make it a little more interesting than the MW3/MoHs have been.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MUFFlNS posted:

Eh, the COD series has some really good games. I'm skipping BO2 personally since I still enjoy Modern Warfare 3 a lot and the only new shooter I'm interested in buying is Halo 4.
For someone who doesn't care about multiplayer, COD games are just over in a flash, and I wonder where my $60 went. I want to relax and take my time with games and they sure as hell aren't built around that way of playing.

edit: well I mean, my only experience with the series is playing COD4, and the watching my brother play Black Ops.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah I wouldn't pay $60 for the game either. I got a Future Shop promo code so I'm getting it for $40 which is still $10 more than I would like to pay but at least I can play against my friends during the holidays.

Even though the yearly COD/Madden is evil...it's become a cultural thing.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
gently caress all ya'll, Zombies is worth the price of admission. :colbert:

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
I found the COD games fun, but I just got sick of them. It was the same with Assassin's Creed. I'd played loads of AC2, then Brotherhood came out and I played loads of that, and by the time Revelations appeared, I was tired of it. It didn't help with the COD games that my friend forced me to play all the Spec Ops challenges on MW2 on Veteran to see if we could 3-star them all. We did all but two of them.

:shepicide:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Thinking back on it, I really wish Square had brought the International version of Final Fantasy 12 over. That was the last Final Fantasy game I was actually excited for and liked.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

blackguy32 posted:

Thinking back on it, I really wish Square had brought the International version of Final Fantasy 12 over. That was the last Final Fantasy game I was actually excited for and liked.
I didn't like that version as much, why would you take a class-less system where you can develop your people any way you want, and impose a class system on it?

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
Because otherwise by the end of the game everyone is exactly the same plus or minus some negligible stat growth.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kuno posted:

Because otherwise by the end of the game everyone is exactly the same plus or minus some negligible stat growth.
Well, that did happen to me, but because I WANTED it that way. I figured other people handled it differently.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, that did happen to me, but because I WANTED it that way. I figured other people handled it differently.

There is no other way to handle it, eventually everyone will end up with the same results.

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

Dezinus posted:

The credits were gone in the Wii version, but I have heard nothing of the sort about the PS3 version.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Krad posted:

There is no other way to handle it, eventually everyone will end up with the same results.
Oh, well in that case maybe it was a good idea.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

If you earn enough LP eventually everyone will be able to buy everything on the board. And you will earn enough LP, especially if you do all the side stuff. I agree with you the zodiac system in International is far from perfect, but it does force you to specialize.

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Liam Acerbus posted:

The credits were gone in the Wii version, but I have heard nothing of the sort about the PS3 version.

Well, I mostly meant the title screen logos. Fortunately the in-game bloomable clovers let Hideki Kamiya strike from beyond the figurative grave.

• Locked thread