Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
El Shaddai has completely sucked me in. I'm starting to get the combat and once you get into it, you can take care of enemies fairly quickly. This is also one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. I'm just constantly staggered by what it throws at me. The demo really shows you nothing in terms of what this game has in store with you.

I will admit the combat isn't the deepest but I like it. The three weapons all play completely differently and all have their strengths and weaknesses and the game encourages you to switch between them constantly.

I think I might end up really liking this game. It does appear to be really short though, because looking at how long it is, I appear to be almost done.

Also the new Bloodrayne seems pretty cool, but I haven't had much of a chance to play it yet. It's loving brutal when it comes to giving out stage ranks though.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Sep 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

...! posted:

Eh, I won't financially support any game that uses some variant of "Project Ten Dolla."

Yeah that cheeses me off too. I'm one of those people that's used to letting friends borrow games and vice versa to see what they're like, especially regarding the multiplayer of final releases. That's a big reason why SOCOM 4 is so popular amongst all my friends, once everybody had a chance to play the game we all bought it as fast as possible.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Leyburn posted:

I grabbed Grandia off the PSN

I'm about an hour in and starting to think I might have made a terrible, terrible mistake.

The graphics and voice acting really won't have aged well and are pretty vapid, but persevere until the battle system opens up to you properly and bear in mind that absolutely nothing like it existed back when it came out. Turn-based battle systems that took into account the distance between enemies, that let you cancel their turns if you planned well, and that let you control your position to a fair degree are still tremendously rare.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
What's the best way I can use my ps3 controller on my PC so I can play games like Dead Island with it? Motiononjoy or whatever?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

What's the best way I can use my ps3 controller on my PC so I can play games like Dead Island with it? Motiononjoy or whatever?

Yeah, the motioninjoy drivers are the only ones that I've been able to get to work successfully.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Has anyone tried the Ratchet and Clank all 4 one beta yet? Is it online only or couch co-op too?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Who is that beta open to?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Will Sony ever implement a thing where, when you download a PSN game, the file they give youis also up to date so you can just play it right away? I was going to give the Assassin's Creed beta a go, but right after I downloaded it, it told me I needed a patch already. God, it hasn't even been out for a week yet. I just left it for PS+ to auto-download.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

SpacePig posted:

I was going to give the Assassin's Creed beta a go, but right after I downloaded it, it told me I needed a patch already. God, it hasn't even been out for a week yet. I just left it for PS+ to auto-download.

A patch on a beta and it's only been a week?! How dare they?!
Umm, this is a good thing.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

It'd be better if they updated the PSN files so they're up-to-date. This is apparently beyond Sony's ability, much like crossgame chat.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Yeah, exactly. or just download the patch along with the game itself.

Feenix posted:

A patch on a beta and it's only been a week?! How dare they?!
Umm, this is a good thing.

I actually realized that after I typed it, but my point still stands. The patch thing has happened with nearly every game I've gotten from the PSN, and actually happens pretty often to me with release-day disc-based games. I'm just kinda sick of it, and this was the latest in a long line of these things.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I know. :) Just pointing out the way you phrased that particular part like it was ridiculous that it already had a patch. :)

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

Who is that beta open to?

So far, Playstation Plus subscribers in Europe.

Also, confirmed in the current Qore issue: Mr. Zurkon is back in All 4 One. :hellyeah:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Sistergodiva posted:

Has anyone tried the Ratchet and Clank all 4 one beta yet? Is it online only or couch co-op too?

I haven't played the beta, but I played it when it was on the floor at some media event. There is local co-op (and it is awesome).

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Morpheus posted:

I haven't played the beta, but I played it when it was on the floor at some media event. There is local co-op (and it is awesome).

Would it be fun for two players? I'm thinking this might be a good wife game...

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

EC posted:

Would it be fun for two players? I'm thinking this might be a good wife game...

I don't see why not. I think I played it with three people and it was pretty sweet. As far as I remember you can't get a game over in it unless everybody dies at once; there's a respawn timer.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
I'm having trouble getting LittleBigPlanet 2 to load after the recent update. It just freezes on the initial loading screen, every time. I've tried deleting & reinstalling the game content, but to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Finally found an English copy of Yakuza 3 yesterday. All the talk of it being similar to Shenmue convinced me. I'm loving the narrated cutscene recaps of the first two games, they've sucked me into the story and the setting already. Haven't played a minute of the game and already I've got a really, really good feeling about this.

I saw the first Motorstorm going for about $6 US in the shop. Didn't pick it up, but at that price I'd probably be daft to turn down any game. Is the first one worth playing at all? I'm not a huge driving games fan, but it has always looked kind of interesting to have a quick fiddle with.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Parkingtigers posted:

I saw the first Motorstorm going for about $6 US in the shop. Didn't pick it up, but at that price I'd probably be daft to turn down any game. Is the first one worth playing at all? I'm not a huge driving games fan, but it has always looked kind of interesting to have a quick fiddle with.

From what I understand, the Pacific one is the one to play.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Parkingtigers posted:

The load times are atrocious, I would skip it.

Apocalypse is fantastic and will have a better playerbase though most Goons prefer Pacific Rift.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Parkingtigers posted:

Finally found an English copy of Yakuza 3 yesterday. All the talk of it being similar to Shenmue convinced me. I'm loving the narrated cutscene recaps of the first two games, they've sucked me into the story and the setting already. Haven't played a minute of the game and already I've got a really, really good feeling about this.

All the Motorstorm games are awesome. I'd say that Pacific Rift is the most solid racing game, whereas Apocalypse is more like ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON WHY IS THAT BRIDGE EXPLODING AT ME AND A HELICOPTER JUST BLEW UP THE TRACK TO MAKE ANOTHER TRACK?!!!!!!! but all of them are awesome and if you can't get either PR or Apocalypse for cheap then $6 for the first game is a total steal.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hahaha oh my god, Metropolismania is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHCfwXQXSC8&hd=1

I missed this chintzy as gently caress franchise, even though I know no one will ever localize it I still want it :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Hahaha oh my god, Metropolismania is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHCfwXQXSC8&hd=1

I missed this chintzy as gently caress franchise, even though I know no one will ever localize it I still want it :(

Is this a Simcity clone or public transportation sim? If it's a Simcity clone, than I really want to play it.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Dammit, Policenaut, you've been doing a hell of a job linking to interesting stuff as of late. You should come toil with other soulless Goons over at TPS! Doesn't that sound like fun? No?

Well, uh... feel free to message me anyway. Or e-mail. Or IM. Or whatever. Or don't! Ho ho!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I just really like telling people about stuff I find cool, I'm not very good at writing articles or anything of the sort. Also I'm terrible at writing in general. :shobon:

I said come in! posted:

Is this a Simcity clone or public transportation sim? If it's a Simcity clone, than I really want to play it.

Metropolismania is kind of what Maxis' cancelled Simsville was going to be like. You build a city like in Sim City, but you generally have an objective like in Tropico and the best part is that all the citizens in your city are unique individuals. You can actually run around your city like in Dark Cloud and meet with your citizens then chat them up and become friends with them, giving you bonuses and little rewards overtime for doing so. Here's Metropolismania on Wikipedia!

It's really budget and chintzy but I happen to adore how honest it is. Here's 10 minutes of gameplay from Metropolismania 2's first stage, both it and its predecessor had North American releases.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I'm sure everyone was hoping to see some news about The Last Guardian, but this isn't really what they were looking for:

quote:

Additionally, we wanted to confirm that The Last Guardian is not on the schedule for this year’s Tokyo Game Show. However we can assure you that Ueda-san and the rest of the development team are hard at work to bring his lofty vision to life and deliver the very best gaming experience possible.

Source

The reversible boxart for ICO/SotC looks rad as all hell, though.

KitFez
Sep 5, 2011

Personally, I prefer the air!

Question Mark Mound posted:

All the Motorstorm games are awesome. I'd say that Pacific Rift is the most solid racing game, whereas Apocalypse is more like ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON WHY IS THAT BRIDGE EXPLODING AT ME AND A HELICOPTER JUST BLEW UP THE TRACK TO MAKE ANOTHER TRACK?!!!!!!! but all of them are awesome and if you can't get either PR or Apocalypse for cheap then $6 for the first game is a total steal.

I must say that the first one will not have aged well, whereas Pacific Rift and Apocalypse are both excellent. Apocalypse, though, was the most visceral fun I'd had with a racing game in quite some time. No idea whose idea it was to make the cutscenes in Flash, though.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Uncharted 3 commercial that's gonna air tonight during the Packers/Saints game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhOUJxRsK3M

:stare:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

SamBishop posted:

Dammit, Policenaut, you've been doing a hell of a job linking to interesting stuff as of late. You should come toil with other soulless Goons over at TPS! Doesn't that sound like fun? No?

Well, uh... feel free to message me anyway. Or e-mail. Or IM. Or whatever. Or don't! Ho ho!

What would such a thing pay? I could possibly be talked into it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

...! posted:

Heheh, I think it might be best you not know.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

...! posted:

You get to work with me. I can't imagine that any possible compensation could trump that.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

The Dirty Burger posted:

Uncharted 3 commercial that's gonna air tonight during the Packers/Saints game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhOUJxRsK3M

:stare: I haven't seen very much footage from this since the first looks at it came out. That looks loving awesome.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Hal Incandenza posted:

You get to work with me. I can't imagine that any possible compensation could trump that.

I can.

He would get to work with me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hal will give you shoulder rubs, while you write endless news.

SamBishop, you should get on AIM.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Dude, I thought you were dead. Again.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

...! posted:

Dude, I thought you were dead. Again.

Just moved across the country (well two countries). Again.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The Dirty Burger posted:

It still amazes me what Naughty Dog can do with the PS3. God drat that's an amazing looking game.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Just moved across the country (well two countries). Again.

Since you're not dead, up for Buzz! this weekend?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Crosspost from R3 thread (which is dead, hence the crosspost):

So for all the poo poo I talked about the MP beta, ( I wouldn't know about the final product since I rented and there's not even a trial online pass...) and I thought Resistance 2 sucked butt... I gotta say just about EVERYTHING about R3's campaign is divine! Great graphics and art, good tone, WEAPON WHEEL, plenty of ammo, and giving you lots to play with upfront.

Anyone who hated R2 (or even R3's MP) needs to give this a shot. It's satisfying... And lovingly crafted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Just a reminder: the AC:Revelations beta is open to everyone as of today.

• Locked thread