Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wa27
Jan 15, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Off the top of my head Super Meat Boy, Bastion, Braid were all very well received indie games which were only on XBLA for a while - They're just exclusives rather than internally developed. That said every time I hear "This XBLA game is good" I just wait for it to be released on Steam cheaper and better.

Add Limbo to that list too, it was a 360 exclusive for over a year I think. And as someone else mentioned, Shadow Complex is perhaps the best game on XBLA and it doesn't look like it will ever come to another platform. Not as artsy or original as those other games but it's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Buck Turgidson posted:

Hey guys which Skate game is better, 2 or 3? The main thing I'm looking for is an interesting and challenging environment to skate around in that doesn't need online play to be fun. That said, well-implemented online play is a plus. Oh and what are the main gameplay differences between the two games?

I thought the single-player stuff for 3 was better than 2. The whole "skateboarding is a crime!" thing was dumb and having to manually remove rail caps and drain pools was annoying. The free skate in both is probably a toss-up. the city in 2 was more memorable but 3 had the item spawner which made it more sandbox-y.

Online play in both is comparable, but you'll probably find more people playing 3, and it's EA so you never know when they'll pull the plug on the older servers. I think it's been two years since they shut down the Skate 1 Skate.reel.

Oh, and if you care about uploading videos, get Skate 3 unless you want to pay $7 for the DLC that adds a free camera to 2.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Harlock posted:

Game of the Year Edition 10/10 (Action/Adventure) - 6x10 out of 10s MSRP

I didn't think they could top Arkham Asylum GOTY with the amount of logos and text on the front of a box.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

If anyone is looking to get Pixeljunk Shooter, Eden, and Monsters, there is also a 3-pack of Monsters, Eden, and Racers for $2 so you can save a dollar/get Racers for "free" by going that route.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Chemtrail Clem posted:

Hello My friend just bought a PS3, if I give him my account info could he log in and do Game Sharing and get all the downloaded games I have, on his account? Is this how game sharing should/can work or no? I dont care if he gets my personal info or whatever. Thank you

Yeah that's pretty much it. He logs in to your account and then can download everything you've purchased and play it with any account on his ps3.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Krad posted:

What is up with Valve collaborating so much with Sony? You'd think they'd go to Microsoft and their console first, but nope.

Yeah it's especially surprising because Valve was so outspoken with their PS3 criticism up to and even during Portal 2's development.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I found Pixeljunk Monsters to be so difficult that I was always running around collecting coins or upgrading towers. I doubt I'd ever use a fast forward button.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I just noticed that Deadly Premonition is up on Amazon for preorder... at $40. I guess I should be happy it's coming to the platform in North America at all, but I didn't think they would double the price of the 360 version. :(

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Dvlos posted:

I'm sure will be a built in feature for Sony, motion will probably now be like "rumble" controllers where in the now ancient consoles.

So you're saying it will take Sony one year after launch to integrate motion controls? :v:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Would the blue light on top be for the Move?

I would prefer those thumbsticks to the convex ones we have now.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I'm really digging that Dpad.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Crowbear posted:

Yeah 200GB would be super bad. The rumor I read said 500GB, which is fine to start but would probably end up being inadequate if they do go all digital day and date with retail releases. I guess I hadn't even considered that they wouldn't make the HDD swappable but after the Vita memory card fiasco I'm now starting to worry :ohdear:

They would be dumb to not allow upgradeable storage, especially if this generation is going to be another 8-year cycle. At worst they could "require" you to buy their official HDDs by using a special enclosure or something like MS did.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Not that I'm saying it's the case but the whole SimCity fiasco should make people weary of pre-release reviews. I'm sure the game will be pretty fun and of good quality, but just because an outlet gave the game a perfect score doesn't mean it'll be so.
Why? I don't really know what could happen to Bioshock Infinite at release that would cause it to be a lesser experience than the reviewers got.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Sometimes it just turns out that reviewers are dummies.

Well yeah, you shouldn't look at review scores ever to make a purchasing decision. Find a reviewer or site that you tend to agree with and actually read their review. That applies to every review, whether it's pre-release or not.

With SimCity, though, the game actually became worse after the release date. That's not going to happen with Bioshock and I don't see how SimCity's issues are relevant to it at all.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Question Mark Mound posted:

This is really bothering me. The guitar in the title screen music in Deadly Premonition sounds just like some non-gaming song but I can't for the life of me think of what it is. Anyone else got any ideas?

Sounds like something from a Moody Blues album. That, or Kiss from a Rose.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

As much as I'd like to play GTA5 or a Red Dead, LA Noire, or Bully sequel, I hope Rockstar has some original games in the works. I wonder if Agent has any chance at all of being released; the premise for that sounded pretty good.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Has a game ever been released as exclusively co-op?

Spaceteam :v:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

Honestly COD4 is one of my favorite games ever, It's almost amazing to me that Black Ops was made under the same label, that games such a load of rear end.

Seriously, COD4 was so good. I kind of wish it had become the Counter-Strike of consoles with people playing it for years instead of everyone moving on to each of the next... 5 yearly iterations.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

So I just heard Fifa 14 is coming out on PS2, but not on Wii U. I just had to throw that out there, because :psyduck:
I knew games were coming out late in the PS2's lifespan, but that's still amazing to me. 14 yearly games released on a single system.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Renoistic posted:

I bought Rayman Origins when it first came out but haven't actually played it for various reasons.
Should I just get Legends since it has a bunch of Origin levels anyway?

That question only makes sense if you didn't have Origins already. Just play through Origins and buy Legends when it's not $60.

Origins is a long game anyway. I certainly wasn't craving for more after finishing it.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there no Diablo 3 console version thread? A quick search didn't get anything. In fact, nothing about Diablo 3 PC either, except in FYAD. Is it so bad that the improvements to the console versions still don't make it worth looking at?

Most of the talk is in the Blizzard forum.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3548660

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

Most of them are trying to get around it by saying that the unlocks are "sidegrades" but that usually rarely is the case. CoD4 had a beast with the M16 being able to kill pretty good, but once you unlocked the RPD with the grip, it was all over. Very little reason to use anything else.

All the best weapons in COD4 were unlocked from the beginning. AK47, M16A4, MP5, RPD, and M40A3. You had to use them for a bit to get whatever attachments you wanted, but there wasn't much of a disadvantage being at a low level in that game. And you're exaggerating when it comes to the RPD with grip compared to other weapons. That game was surprisingly balanced right out of the gate, and every class of weapons (except shotguns) had a great weapon available to use. Most people didn't use the RPD.

Subsequent Call of Duties got a bit more unbalanced thanks to the sheer amount of perks and upgrades they had to add to keep the series fresh. But when it comes down to it, those games are always about who can move their reticle over the enemy and pull the trigger faster and the advantage would always go to the player who was better at the game, not the player with a higher level.

• Locked thread