Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Don't know if this has been posted but,

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1211502p1.html

Heavy Rain Director's Cut, $29.99 and it comes out in like 2 days.

I want it, but I already have the original release of Heavy Rain, so it's probably not worth it. Maybe if it goes on some major sale price, I can pick it up and pretend I'm just paying for the downloadables on the disc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Harlock posted:

So.. Dust 514 is a free to play game now.

Totally down to be GoonMercs for the goonwaffe

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is any of the Ace Combat: Assault Horizon DLC worth it? I noticed they're on sale this week, but they're all so pricy. Do I need any of it to enjoy or am I good vanilla for the most part?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

That loving Sned posted:

I must have played Vanquish at least five times. My best moment was beating challenge 5 on my first try.

I was under the impression it was 4 and 6 that were beastly. At least, I could never beat 4. The rest felt pretty easy.

I share your sentiments though, Vanquish ruled and I even remember the initial goon response was positive. Still don't get the negativity around here right now.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Goddamnit if this is true I might have to re-obtain a copy of this game.

RandolphCarter posted:

The last franchise I loved that came out with a card game was Metal Gear. So if this is as good as Metal Gear Ac!d then I'm on board.

Still waiting for 3. :(

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone in North America that still wants to play Demon's Souls should do so quickly, as the online component of Demons Souls shuts down on May 31st

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If I genuinely had a fun time with Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, will I like SOCOM4?

I heard that SOCOM 4 wasn't very good in the grand scheme of things, but it's $9.99 on gamefly to buy used (and gamefly in my experience gives me 'like new' games)

So... yay or nay? And also is there still any multiplayer community on this?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

Honestly its either love it or hate it with that game and liking Raccoon City, or any other game for that matter, can't say which side you will be on. Its from Gamefly so why not rent it and if you like it you can buy it at that price?

I don't have a rental subscription. I just have an account there to buy used games during their nightly sales.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mrs. Badcrumble posted:

It's impossible to answer this question because it's predicated on a false premise.

So then a yes?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Discount Viscount posted:

Discounting the already mentioned Arkham Asylum, that is the worst cover for a re-release since this:

I actually didn't notice what was unusual about the cover in thumbnail form.

Then I enlarged it and saw everything. Haha holy poo poo.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jolo posted:

My favorite way to play Assassin's Creed became treating it as a large weapon chucking game. If you weren't constantly getting into fights with your bare hands and stealing polearms to spear guys off of horses, you really missed out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baN_5ha55Ow

My favorite part is that throwing great swords like that acted as a stealth kill if no one was too close. I remember clearing out the guards on a wall by systematically slaying them with a flying greatsword one by one. I am the greatest assassin.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Shalinor posted:

Not only can you ignore the riddles, but you can even ignore the annoying phone calls. So just get in there, be the god damned batman, and punch some thugs in the face with electric pokers.

(so long as you are not a completionist)

But then the Riddler wins! :colbert:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

axleblaze posted:

No, they both had powers you only get in Infamous 2.

But I'm pretty sure Evil Cole's default costume is his Infamous 1 getup.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Liar Lyre posted:

No, it's both Infamous 2 costumes. The differences between them are a lot greater than similar situations with Ken/Ryu and Fox/Falco. The Square moves are the same. Triangle moves have a few differences, mostly the move properties. Circle moves are completely different. The level 1 super is the same but 2 and 3 are different. A lot of people complain, but they work great as different characters. Besides, Sucker Punch were the ones that requested two characters. It had nothing to do with laziness.

Wait I can get that Jacket in infamous 2? Game redeemed. Now to finish disassembling my PS3 so I can get some thermal paste on it before I resume infamous 2.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is anyone going to make a Tomb Raider thread/megathread? Game comes out in a couple weeks and it looks like a grittier Uncharted, which is totally fine by me. Contemplating picking it up but wondering if anyone else has opinions on it as far as previews go.

I'd totally get the cheaper PC edition if I wasn't such a whore for Playstation trophies :negative: (unless there's something about the PC version being superior or whatever, then it's no contest)

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Uncharted style combat was a bad thing? Jeez I guess I'm not up to date with the general consensus. I thought people loved the Uncharted games. (I mean I did, for the most part anyways)

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

...! posted:

Cool people plat Resonance of Fate. :smug:

notjerry records 5 goons who have the plat.

I'm one of them :c00lbert:

My only issue with that game was grinding for Stardust Hunters. That's about it. Man I want a sequel to that game. C'mon Tri-Ace!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Liar Lyre posted:

You can crash through barrels with the roll. It's tons of fun.

Eagerly awaiting the inevitable first patch of barrels in Dark Souls 2 actually hiding a spiked pit underneath.

• Locked thread