Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Megasabin posted:

Aren't you in residency now? Do you still have time for games? Give me some hope for next year! Last year when I was on medicine I actually played call of duty with one of my attendings a few times. I killed his rear end and then he gave me honors :c00l:

Just started M2 and I have given up any hope of fully enjoying Uncharted 3 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

So supposedly all you need to do to get Uncharted 3 multiplayer a month early from Subway is to buy ONE drink. What the poo poo?

-The multiplayer officially starts on September 29th at 12:00pm EST.
-The free multiplayer ends on November 13th at 12:00am EST.
-If you buy a drink, you will get the MP code. You have to redeem this code before November 1st to get the MP.
-If you buy a sandwich or some chips, you can get either a

Uncharted 3 Dynamic Theme
Fortune Hunter Bounty
Multiplayer Drake Character Skin
Multiplayer Weapon Skin
Virtual Costumes for PlayStation® Home

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

How does that compare to complaining that a game is too short?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Square must feel pretty good about it, too, because I read somewhere that they already registered XIII-3.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I don't think I can go back to XII ever again after playing through it twice. I can't tolerate the dungeons in it.

Apparently you can.

If anyone tells you to buy The Fight: Lights Out because it's on sale for $10, practice your moves in real life and punch them in the face. That game is awful.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I loved the series, but I tried to go back to it a few weeks ago and couldn't get into it. Also, skipping MGS 2 and 3 is a bad idea. Especially 3.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Buy the Uncharted double pack. If you liked MGS back in the day then you should give the HD collection a shot.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I don't know why people think it's a good idea to jump into the concluding chapter of a story-driven series.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Zomodok posted:

I sold my PS3 when the 360 eliteI also picked up White Knight Chronicles 2 since it had the first game as well.

Don't do that

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

If I've learned anything from previous iterations of this thread, it's that I should never play a WKC game.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

MGS3:S was one of the best games ever. You owe it to yourself to play it if you liked MGS.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I liked Chrono Cross until I finished it and realized it was just a poorly-told sidequest for Chrono Trigger. Then I hated it.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The post-Apocalypse overworld "music" might be the only part of CT that I dislike.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

It's been a couple years, but I don't remember having problems with Infamous.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Egomaniac posted:

Just because a game has DLC doesn't mean you have to buy it. If you want the core game, buy the core game.

Nowadays devs are stripping content from the core game and selling it separately as DLC or a store-specific bonus.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

SotC glitched and wouldn't let me pick up a lizard tail. The controls and camera are even wonkier than I remembered, but the game is undeniably charming and the landscape is enchanting.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The 5th colossus is the best colossus.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

EC posted:

...until you get to number 13. The first time you see that thing come out of the ground is a serious OH gently caress kind of moment.

5 is a wild beast while 13 is more sedated, if I recall correctly. 5 does everything it can to gently caress you up and shake you off. But the coolest thing I've seen, and ne thing I never managed to do, was getting catapulted from 3's sword onto his head. I saw that on youtube and :aaa:.

Speaking of DLC, I'd spend as much as some of you waste on a CoD map pack for the colossi that didn't make it into the game the first time. It's disappointing that there is a big chunk of the east/right side of the map left unexplored.

the truth fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 30, 2011

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Save yourself the money and just buy UDN. The rest is multiplayer, which isn't too active or fun (unless doing free roam with a small group of friends).

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

If I saw a tiny person flying at me like that I would rip out my jugular and carotid.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

SotC is still awesome if you can get past the (intentional) quirks.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm kind of having ARRGH! :argh: moments with Shadows of the Colossus. The camera is wonky and I just died getting tossed off the drat things head. I heard this game was good but i'm already getting frustrated on the first one.

This is completely normal if you've never played the game before. You aren't Kratos taking on the Titans; you are some random, determined guy taking on wild giants.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

<--- Really glad he didn't pay full price for Child of Eden.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I might buy a SSX game, but you can pick them up used for $2.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Child of Eden is weird, skip RE5, play LBP1, and if you must play Killzone 3, don't spend more than $20 on it.

the truth fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 5, 2011

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Wandle Cax posted:

Great recommendation. No, there is a lot to enjoy in RE5 and it's safe to say that if RE4 is your favorite game, RE5 is definitely worth playing.

Like almost anyone who has played it, RE4 is one of my favorite games. RE5 was so bad that it made me like RE4 less.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Crescent sword + magic dude.

If I ever finish my NG+, NG++ will be dual wielding Hand of God.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Artix74 posted:

One thing I wished I had known was that you're meant to takes the levels in level order, not continuing the same level unless you're really up to it (So do 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, etc, not 1-1, 1-2, etc.)

I don't think so. You can't get to 1-3 before finishing another world.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

They weren't co-op missions, though.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

More like quit when you hit 5-2 like I did, pick the game back up 8 months later, finally unlock the shortcut in 5-2 then put it down again because it's better to relish that little victory than let that sonofabitch game crush my soul again drat it

Flame lurker made me grind like poo poo, but 5-2 was what made me quit for a few months.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

DLC "season pass" announced for Uncharted 3.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...n=U3Club_101811

Because I don't care about skins at all and I don't know how much the map packs are going to cost on their own, I'm not sure if this is a good deal.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Complain all you want about the boss, but the rest of the game was amazing. My favorite part is the gunfight in collapsing building, right before the helicopter fight.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

They're not very long, either. What a weird place to stop.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

sentrygun posted:

I couldn't find where to go next after a good half an hour or so of searching. It's kind of offputting considering they even poke fun at bland brown environments yet that entire section is just bright, light blue everything and the path isn't even remotely readable in parts.

I think you might have had to squeeze through a narrow spot, but even if you got lost couldn't you just reload it and follow Tenzen?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

TheUkuleleFanboy posted:

Does anyone have any tips for playing Uncharted 1 on Crushing difficulty? Pretty much anything I try that got me through hard mode (fist of steel and the like) just seem to get me killed.

The hardest part is right after the plane crashes, before you get to the fort.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

If their attack is better than your defense, you will get hurt. Are these the skeletons in 4-1?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

TheMostFrench posted:

It amazes me that blops is still so close to the top in Australia, most people I know with PS3s have never gone online with them :psyduck:.

Then they don't count toward the list.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

GTA V trailer is coming next Wednesday.

http://www.rockstargames.com/

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

There were rumors that they would move on from 1-x to 2-x with a marked evolution in game design, but I think that was before Shooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Rankine Over Gash posted:

Sort of thing I like, defo. Would i be able to get instantly involved jumping into installment 3 or would I have to read up on 1 or 2?

At least play 2, but there's a double pack of the first two games.

• Locked thread