Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jamesman posted:

I'm starting up inFamous 2, and I was wondering 2 things.

1) Like the first game, is the best way to play it Good/Normal, then Bad/Hard?
2) How worth it is it to get the sniper shot and the stalker grenades DLC?

1) Other way around, play it as Hard/Normal then Good/Hard. Good gets some crazy powers this time around.

2) No idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ellie isn't from the original Dead Space, she's from Dead Space 2.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I just picked up the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus collection and the cover isn't reversible like I heard it was. :(

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I live in Canada so that might be the problem.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, up here in Canada we got screwed over on the reversible cover again. We never get anything like that up here...

What other games have reversible covers that Canada didn't get?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is it on the bonus content part, not the game part? There are two different disc icons.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ugh, going back to your last save every time you die in Ico is really annoying. It's not usually too bad since the save points aren't too far away from each other but there's something really frustrating about having to do the same puzzles over again. Also the controls are a bit loose so dying isn't always fair.

Anyways, liking it so far. Kind of reminds me of Limbo. Though I guess it should be that Limbo reminds me of Ico.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Er, I was talking about Ico not SoTC.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Why does Wander get up so slooooow. Really makes the 11th Colossus fight very frustrating.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hope this means we'll get Okami in the future too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Okami on a touch screen would be great.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Unless I had to make her climb stuff I always just dragged around by her hand.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
For some reason, my camera controls were inverted when I started and turning them to inverted made them normal.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

EC posted:

And I'm pretty sure the game is glitching some of them, as I'll find one near the icon on the map but the icon will stay.

There are multiple lizards in some places. You need to leave and come back to get the next one to spawn.

And I think the lizard hunting won't even be close to how frustrating the Hard time trials will be.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just got Dark Souls in the mail, Collector's edition. You guys who got shafted by Amazon for the Collector's edition aren't missing much, it ain't that great.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pretty small, quality of the book itself seems low. I haven't actually looked through it yet because I don't want to be spoiled but when I do I'll let you guys know.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There are actually a couple of PSN games that have Plats, like Dead Nation for example.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Roosterteeth did a pretty video guide for the Film Reels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp9nF52yGSA

I recommend using a video guide, because with just a map they're still tricky to find.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shalinor posted:

In Demon's Souls, the only viable playthrough was really to dodge everything. You HAD to be good at dodging, since there was no such thing as 100% blocking shields.

Wait what? Yes there was, there were just a lot more unblockable attacks in Demon's Souls. And on top of that, going above 50% equip weight was pointless since the difference between armors wasn't very big.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Yechezkel posted:

Bluray disc version of Back to the Future The Game has a platinum trophy. It's also a different trophy list from the PSN episodes.

That has to be the easiest game to get a platinum now.

Terminator Salvation is probably still easier, and takes less time too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tamagod Sushi posted:

'This guide is augumentated.'

Great coffee table book and the paper quality is pretty sweet, but it doesn't quite cover all of the game. I flipped through mine for awhile only to realise it doesn't have an area on elemental weapons.

Maybe not, but it does show the stats of each weapon for each upgrade path.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pablo Gigante posted:

Nolan North is in like, everything though. And he's actually really talented and has a really wide range, he's the Penguin in Arkham City and all of the Personality Spheres at the end of Portal 2

Is he some of the thugs in Arkham City too? I could've sworn I heard him as one of them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wow, just started UC3 after ordering it from Amazon a week ago and I realized they didn't send me a multiplayer code. I hope Amazon is nice enough to either give me another or give a $10 credit so I can buy it from PSN.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

the truth posted:

It's on the back of the instruction manual. I think it even says so when they ask you to enter it.

poo poo there's an instruction manual? I didn't get that either.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yep, all I got was the disc and the Starhawk beta code. Amazon just got back to me and told me to contact Sony about it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well, I just got Skyrim for PS3 and then I read this discussion. Hopefully the patch fixes it before it becomes a problem for me.

Anyway, is there any place online with the Skyrim PS3(Or 360) manual scanned? Amazon sent me a copy with both manuals in french.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I imagine Rachet and Clank would be in it too, and possibly Jak/Daxter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah, Assassin's Creed 2 is way more of a jump in quality than Uncharted 2 is. Doesn't really matter which one you go for first. They're both not that long if you're not doing any collectibles.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It was taken out unfortunately. I think the reasoning was because they were pushing the PS3 to its limit as it was, and it was causing too many bugs.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Housh posted:

I'm going to try to crush through Assassin's Creed 2 this weekend. I think I'm gonna pick up Batman Arkham Asylum next to cap off the best of 2009. Besides AC: Brotherhood what PS3 games were worth playing from 2010?

I really liked Darksiders. It's a post apocalyptic zelda game.

EDIT: Wait, are you asking just PS3 exclusives?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Lets see...Heavy Rain is pretty good, the God of War series is pretty high quality if you like those kind of games, uhhhhh....

There really wasn't much for PS3 exclusives in 2010. Browse This List if you want.

EDIT: Not 2010, but Rachet and Clank: A Crack in Time was late 2009 and it's awesome.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Last Guardian will be the next Duke Nukem Forever(Though I guess Half-Life:Episode 3 already kind of has that spot).

So how is Trine 2? I'm playing Trine for the first time and really liking it, should I grab Trine 2 after I'm done?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
February 13ish I think, you'll be fine.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How does the free Saints Row 2 with Saints Row 3 thing work? Is it connected to the online pass?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is any of the Saints Row 2 DLC worth it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Kratos dying and fighting his way out of the afterlife isn't new, but this time the God of the Underworld is dead and the Underworld is pretty messed up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SpacePig posted:

Every dumb little complaint I have about SR3 is just that: dumb and little. Nothing game breaking, nothing particularly frustrating, just some enemies that can make some fights a chore.

The only problem I had was a mission glitched out for me at the end and I had to save and restart my PS3 to fix it. Luckily it was one of the funnest missions in the game(http://deckers.die} so playing through it again wasn't a big deal.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The pre-order pack will probably get released as paid DLC in a few months if you really want it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It looks pretty crazy, but I'm not sure it's worth $60 and I doubt it's very long. I'll definitely be renting it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Has anyone tried Zach Zero yet? It looks interesting.

• Locked thread