Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WOLF KIDULT MAN
Jun 13, 2008
Can anybody tell me what the total memory size for the PS2 games are? I've got an 80GB model and between DLC and game installs, I've had to clear a lot out to make room on several occasions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WOLF KIDULT MAN
Jun 13, 2008

Morpheus posted:

You really don't need to worry. Entire memory cards are generally about 8-16 MB. Unless you have literally hundreds of PS2 games with large save files, you won't even notice it.

Oh, I should have been more specific, I'm looking for the game size.

WOLF KIDULT MAN
Jun 13, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

If you mean the games themselves, they range from 500MB-3.5GB.

Yikes! I want all five of these babies, especially if the slowdown in Odin Sphere has been improved at all. I guess I'll check my HD space later, if I can remember how.

How was/is Grimgrimoire? I never really got into the whole Nippon Ichi thing, as their games seemed to reward grinding over strategy, and Tsunami Bomb was not a solid selling point.

WOLF KIDULT MAN
Jun 13, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

More specifically:

God Hand - 1.5GB
GRiMgRiMoiRe - 1.4GB
Ring of Red - 580MB
Maximo - 713MB
Odin Sphere - 3.4GB

Super coolio, thanks. Odin Sphere happens to be the one I own a disc copy of, so I can sacrifice it if worse comes to worse but I'm positive I have plenty of room for the collection. Hope this little experiment goes well, because this is an absolutely wild set they've got going on here. Imagine the future possibilities - SWERY65's Spy Fiction! Wizardry: TotFL! Trapt! Forever Kingdom! My dignity! My future plans! My wallet.

WOLF KIDULT MAN
Jun 13, 2008

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I mean after killing the 15th non-white in the same drat area, (not) patiently waiting behind the same chest high wall for 10 minutes, the game starts getting annoying and racist.

I'm no fan of the Uncharted games, but to the best of my recollection, they actively discourage you from using the same cover. You can get smoked out pretty quickly.

WOLF KIDULT MAN
Jun 13, 2008

the Paper posted:

So I was wondering: what is a good RPG for PS3 in terms of story/gameplay? It doesn't matter when it came out, I just have been interested in playing a really good RPG. I've looked through a bunch of games that have come out (WKC, Nier, FFXIII etc.) and none of them have really caught my eye so I'm interested in some other stuff that maybe isn't as popular/I haven't heard of.

You should probably look at Nier again, bud.

WOLF KIDULT MAN
Jun 13, 2008
Hah, speak of the devil, during the weekend Gamestop B2G1 sale I went out to grab El Shaddai and the first two WOTS games. Store locator claimed they had both, but I only managed to find number one. Haven't played it yet, so I can't really add anything to the discussion other than it's a cult classic that I never got around to. I wasn't even aware a new title had come out for the PS3 until I was navigating the store inventories.

Anyone here have any experience with Amazon trade-ins? They seem to offer a lot more credit than Best Buy or Gamestop at the cost of packaging (though shipping labels appear to be paid for).

WOLF KIDULT MAN
Jun 13, 2008
After my original 80GB was stolen and pawned by a junkie roommate, I recently reacquired a used PS3, same model, and took advantage of the recent B2G2/1 offers from retail to rebuild my library. Among them, Bayonetta, which I have been attempting to install for the better part of the morning after patching but every time I try the installation fails and the system directs me back to the XMB to delete the game data and try again. Is my game disc hosed? I don't think I have the receipt anymore. Sheeit.

WOLF KIDULT MAN
Jun 13, 2008

Chemtrail Clem posted:

Whats the best JRPG on PS3? Are there any good ones?? Thank you.

None of the "normal" ones are really that good - Nier and Valkyria Chronciles, certainly, but they're a far cry from traditional. I enjoyed my time with Resonance of Fate when I received it through Gamefly, but I didn't get to invest too much into it. Sadly, this console generation seems to have skimped on the genre. I've got a BC PS3, so whenever I get a craving, I just work through the PS2 backlog. Nier's my top choice, though, up there with Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition as my favorite game of the past few years.

Dominic White posted:

Also, play on Normal mode. Hard mode is designed for that second loop or higher - sheep can one-shot you on Hard if you skip straight to it.

Hey! Glad somebody finally defended Hard mode, if I'm not mistaken the Nier OP still disparages it. True that it's loving impossible for a majority of playthrough one, though if you're grinding, it's ideal to switch up during the second half of the game or else it gets a little too easy near the end. You really get to take advantage of the different words and weapon types when playing on Hard.

WOLF KIDULT MAN
Jun 13, 2008
I moved to a different state without my beloved PS3 a few months back, but I'm finally getting an apartment of my own and having the big fucker shipped out here. Having not touched the thing since the big PS Store overhaul, I'm itching to start a PS Plus account and get in on this free Vanquish action, but I have no idea how the new Instant Game Collection works. Free Vanquish is going to be available AFTER next week's Store update, right? And it will still be available on my account as long I buy it and have Plus, right, even after it's removed from the IGC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WOLF KIDULT MAN
Jun 13, 2008

Kimoosabi X posted:

Anyone picked up the Deadly Premonition Director's Cut yet? I have the original on 360 but wanted to grab this version for the improved controls, but from what I hear this version is pretty janky. Framerate drops/stuttering that both the 360 version and the original JP release of Deadly Premonition on PS3 didn't have apparently. That's a bummer if true, anyone have any hands-on impressions?

There's semi-occasional hitching in goofy places, including the main menu of all things, and the frame rate in the opening section is pretty bad. This is, as I recall, not dissimilar from the JP release. The problems are largely overstated, it's perfectly playable. The new content is insignificant.

• Locked thread