Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Jamesman posted:

I beat inFamous 2. Got all the dead drops and blast shards, purchased all the powers and upgrades (a bitch to do on Hard difficulty), and did all the side missions.

Why is it saying I only have 95% completion?

I remember that the first game wouldn't show 100% completion until you bought all the powers for both good and evil sides. Which is retarded. Platinum should work ok though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

axleblaze posted:

Edit: gently caress; beaten AGAIN

That'll teach you to make long, informative text dumps rather than post the first thing that comes into your head! :v:

edit: for instance, spelling errers are gud posting :downs:

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 5, 2011

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
My god. Suppose goons will be goons. But let's be civil, ladies and gents. Please.

Can we not all just get along and find some common ground to agree on? How about this: regardless of your stance on Project $10 as a business model, and ignoring how digital distribution will most likely reshape the entire marketplace within the next five years (certainly by the end of the decade), I hope we can all agree that for consumers looking to maxImize the value on their short-term investment this poo poo sucks nuts.

End backseat modding.

edit: well I guess it was just Aphrodite and ellipsis exclamation arguing really, and Aphrodite was wrong so I was not needed :/

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 20, 2011

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Dominic White posted:

That game was great. And Nintendo America deemed it too fruity for manly-man American men who eat red meat and punch bears, so it only came out in Japan and Europe.

There's a tiger-punching joke in there somewhere, someone figure it out for me tia

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Housh posted:

Ok guys! I just finished my last final and got all my term papers back. Looks like I'm on the Dean's list this year. I'm going to the gym beside a 24hr supermarket that sells games and I want a reward.

Uncharted 3 or Saint's Row: The Third.

Right now I am playing Assassin's Creed 2 so I want something to alternate between that. I want some stupid crazy fun!! WOOOO!!!

You want Saints Row 3 if you want crazy. Also you get Saints Row 2 for free IIRC if you buy new.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

BlindNinja posted:

My PSN is TheBlindNinja

Unfortunately my blu-ray drive is broken, so I can't play disc games at the moment. But I have Tekken 6, UMvC3, and Mortal Kombat.

I'd argue that in this day and age, having a broken disc drive, lovely as it is, is no object to having fun with a current-gen console.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I remember enjoying the first half of FF8 until I got stuck on one of the optional Triple Triad games. MUST GET EVERY CARD AARGH. It wasn't even totally useless OCD, as the better cards can be broken down into material components, if the ~official Prima strategy guide~ is to be believed. Then again this is the guide that advises you to use an entire memory card just for FF8...

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
WRT: AssCreed 3, I'm interested for all the wrong reasons. Desmond's story, for one, is surprisingly still interesting to me. One thing Revelations got right was, rather than wagering on witty banter carrying the present day stuff, basically admitting "Desmond is boring" and then following up with "he's boring as a person, not just a character, and here's some optional challenge rooms explaining why in a fun, interesting manner". Also, having new toys and brutal new finishing move animations.

Personally I think Revelations was a good way to tie all the extraneous AC mythos (the Expanded Universe, basically) into one game, so you don't need to buy Altaïr's Chronicles or Bloodlines or The Fall or the thirty-six different novels or the god-awful Facebook game to grasp what the gently caress is going on I AC3.

My most pressing question: Who will replace Malik/Leonardo/Yusuf? Can't have a brotherhood without accompanying bromance.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Dan Didio posted:

The tone of the story is pandering to the thousands of Mass Effect fans who daily post about horrible poo poo on the Bioware forums.

That's the kind of choice that seems to matter to BioWare these days: Do you want your space opera to be more like Call of Duty or that awful disabled high school dating sim that I'm ashamed to look up the name for? The good news is that your choice matters. The bad news is that there is no third option, other than just playing something else.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Honey Badger posted:

Does anyone here have any experience with the PS3 International Version of Star Ocean (4 I guess?). I loved the Star Ocean on PS1, played it like 10 times. Is this one anything at all like that or has the series been reinvented or reimagined or something dumb like that?

AFAIK there are two teams at Tri-ace, and the one responsible for their really good stuff (Star Ocean 2 and Valkyrie Profile for PSX) was not involved with SO4.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

blackguy32 posted:

Brotherhood is another good one. Apparently, you can skip Revelations if you want.

Revelations was ok, not $60 material. 85% of the good plot stuff happens in the last ten minutes of the game. 10% was optional. 5% was a minor plot twist I didn't expect about 2/3 of the way in. Gameplay is streamlined though, and if you care about the multiplayer you'll want it anyway.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Nariko or whatever her name was from Heavenly Sword?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

BlindNinja posted:

I'd just like to say that the Awesomenauts theme song is... great!

I saw this and immediately wanted to post "wrong thread buddy" because of all the Yakuza talk. Serves me right for having too many tabs open :doh:

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Another convert! :woop:

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
You should expect manly.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I humbly submit that time you spend "getting used to" a Yakuza game is time better spent playing a different Yakuza game and punching everybody until their ancestors are begging for mercy and giving you free items.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

...! posted:

I've only played the third one but I can tell you that it's absolutely terrible. I'd recommend skipping the series altogether and playing one of the newer GTAs instead.

Don't listen to this guy. SR2 and SR3 are very different and if you didn't like 2 you might like 3 or vice versa. I like them both for different reasons. Everybody has a different, valid opinion, unless you hate both in which case sorry you don't like fun I guess ok fine, maybe your definition of 'fun' is also wildly different, I can roll with that.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I'm that lonely goon who has been playing Borderlands in single-player since release. This is probably why I keep dying, though by no means the sole reason.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

polystyrus posted:

Speaking of rear end creed, the multiplayer in Revelations looks incredibly fun. Is it?

Haven't bought any rear end creed games,yet, I guess I might cave.

It's pretty great, and I'm saying this as someone terrible at MP. If you have any interest in the single-player story at all though, start with AC2, or watch Geop's LP and move on to Brohood. Trust me on this.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

I, for one, find this an appropriate title for that game, because I'm literally 13.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I consider Bethesda games 360 exclusives with same-day PC ports, and I am a happier person for it.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Neo Rasa posted:

Kojima said he'd stop after 1. Every MG game since and including MGS1 was to be the final Metal Gear game according to him.

He claims this is because he puts everything he has into each game and ends up completely exhausted. Probably takes Konami to crack the whip and get him off his Policenauts/Snatcher sequel dream train.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Well, you have to keep paying for the subscription to keep free games. But the deals are so, so sweet, and anything you pay for st a discount rate you keep after your sub lapses. It's the second best deal in gaming right now, second only to steam.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I noticed this! It always took your controls away while deleting the zip file but the 'please wait' prompt makes it clearer.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Man, you're forgetting that we might actually get Bayonetta 2 after all. Sega loves to under promote its real third party developed gems, act quizzical when they don't sell, then cancel sequels/bonuses based on Metacritic ratings which are artificially lower because of "lack of polish". Nintendo is sidestepping Sega to make a potentially unprofitable title, because their money doesn't come from the core anymore, so they are free to be awesome every so often.

Basically what I'm saying is Nintendo should publish another Alpha Protocol game.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Samurai Sanders posted:

The only exclusive to the PS3 I really care about is the Yakuza series, and who knows what could happen to that in the future.

Dammit now I want Yakuza Move. Shake the Navigation Controller to destroy a man's face/gently caress a hostess/punch a tiger in the balls.

fake edit: Why has Kazuma not managed to recreate the boulder punching scene from Resident Evil 5 yet. Get on it, Nagoshi.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Samurai Sanders posted:

I bought both Darksiders 2 and Sleeping dogs on launch day and...I basically haven't played either of them since then. I don't even know for sure if its anything about them, but I have no interest in playing them and think I might sell them. Is that normal?

Play Sleeping Dogs, sell Darksiders 2.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

TaurusOxford posted:

Shut your face. :colbert:

I was hoping he'd sell it to me :ninja:

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Having never played DR2, should I just get OTR if I want more zombies, more Capcom, and less Resident Evil?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Code Jockey posted:

That's terrible. I'm sorry you've been denied the best game ever until now, Euro PSN. :(

Speaking of which, Retro City Rampage is next week, and is conspicuously absent from Yezchekel's list.

(I know nothing about how this game plays)

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Yeah, you mentioned it in the other thread though. It's ok, you run like 6 PS threads you get a couple errors now and then :)

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
RE6 has a terrible demo, which may or may not be indicative of the quality of the game depending on who you talk to.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
The PS3 version of ME2 is the one with the digital comic that lets you not kill Wrex without playing through the whole game, right?

I think you'll be ok.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It is very dark and gritty. You are likely to be eaten be a thresher maw.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I'm fairly certain you can just jump right into the sandbox mode from the main menu.

You can.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

waste of internet posted:

Which hunting game should I get? Is Cabela's still awesome? When I played it for the original Xbox, there were a bunch of vehicles. You had a ton of equipment to choose from and actually had to set up camps and eat food.

"Dangerous Hunt" looks like a first person shooter. I like the whole camping/equipment/tracking elements of hunting games.

Cabela's has tried to move into blockbuster territory, with actual (bad) plots and Troy Baker/Laura Bailey providing voices. It's not really a hunting sim anymore.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Frankly I don't think you'll do better than Far Cry 2 or maybe Dishonored. Hunting animals is not fantastic enough for vidyagame simulation I guess.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Scyron posted:

Actually they do, as Activision's third leading franchise in sales and profits with returning sales from fans.

No poo poo? Shows what I know, all my hunting knowledge comes from Chip and Ironicus LPs of Cabela's games :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Should I be concerned about constant texture glitches in DR2: Off the Record? Frank keeps flashing green and zombie polygons seem to be glitching out...but on the other hand, every time I break a slot machine a picture of Frank and Stacey appears in the wreckage which is pretty great.

• Locked thread