Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green

Xenomorph posted:

Is there a list of classic Arcade games for PS3?

I grabbed the Mortal Kombat collection, and Final Fight. I'm looking for more old arcade-y games.

You might be able to find quite a few that were originally Arcade games among the "Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Susat
May 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

What happened when you went home and slept, then?

It might have saved too, I Just remember that the auto-save mostly triggered for after a mission. So anything you had done in between from mission to mission would get erased had you not gone back and slept.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Housh posted:

Where did you get it for $12?!

It's on sale Here.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Shalinor posted:

I see 18.49, or in the other sellers, one 12.99 non-prime + 4.99 shipping == $18 anyways. Is Amazon telling you 12.99 flat-out, free shipping?

Oh, I hadn't thought about shipping. So I guess it is closer to 18 bucks. That's still not a bad deal, considering all the praise people seem to be giving the game. Anywho, I was just reposting it for Housh in case he missed it, since I assumed it was where everyone else was buying it.

Additionally, I have a general question. I've heard Yakuza doesn't have US dubbed voiceacting and that it's entirely subtitled, is that true?
Probably not going to affect my choice about buying the game or not, just curious about what to expect when I finally order it alongside my new PS3 this friday.

Susat
May 31, 2011

I'm definitely gonna grab the Jak collection, if only because I didn't get a chance to play 3 and my BC PS3 is now retired to the storage closet.

I hope they keep up the tread of HD re-releases. It's great having the chance to pick up earlier missed titles.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Ideas?

Bulletstorm II
Black II

That's what the image evokes thoughts of anyway.

Edit: I wonder if the scratches on the sides of the bullets signify anything, or if it was just a lazy manipulation job.
Edit2: Looks like Black 2 is confirmed as a working title according to a list of FPS games on Gamespot, don't know how reliable or relevant that information is, though.

Susat fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 6, 2012

Susat
May 31, 2011

If it is what PSM is toting, that's underwhelming as heck. I thought Medal of Honor got canned out because of their sales in comparison to Battlefield.

I'm betting since EA has made a statement about being impressed with Call of Duty Elite that it's going to have a similar subscription service when it releases.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Honey Badger posted:

As a new PS3 owner, what is the deal with PS2 classics? I bought an assload of old PS1 games that I grew up with, and got excited to see what PS2 stuff they had. There were like 10 games and I had never heard of the majority of them. Is it just too much work to put them on the network? Are all PS2 games back compatible or something, or does Sony just not give a poo poo about adding PS2 games? I mean looking at the new releases and seeing a Spongebob game as the only new PS2 content seems like an insult, if anything.

Because they're actually redone to be compatible with the PS3 which no longer does hardware emulation or partial software emulation. I'm guessing it takes more time and effort to make them compatible.

Maybe it's just me but it also seems like there's less developers going along with the PS2 classics thing initially than there was with the PS1 classics. I hope it'll pick up a bit more soon and more people re-release games.

Also, for those of us who were waiting for Killzone to get it's PS2 re-release, the news is out that it's been delayed indefinitely.

quote:

According to the official Killzone Twitter, the Sony Entertainment Network re-release of Killzone has been indefinitely delayed after missing its January 24 release date.

"With regards to KZ1 for PS3, not sure what happened but I’ve been informed that it’s been delayed indefinitely," stated the feed...

Susat
May 31, 2011

the truth posted:

People were waiting for that crap?

I thought I saw a couple people talking about it earlier in the thread, but after doing a quick search it looks like I was just misremembering. Sorry! :shobon:

Susat
May 31, 2011

I personally thought one and two were terrible and bland respectively. I admit I still bought Brotherhood and traded pixels for Revelations, but they were such great improvements over the first two games that I thought it was worth it.
That said, a change of setting is something the series desperately needs, any word on where it'll be?

Edit: According to Destructoid they've been working on the game for three years. Shame there's apparently no details on when it'll be. I know Ubi was kicking around the idea of places like Egypt, China, and Japan after discussions post AC1, so maybe it'll be one of those.

Susat fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 15, 2012

Susat
May 31, 2011

Stare-Out posted:

I doubt that'll happen but I agree. Arsenal variety is nice and all but in the end most weapons do more or less the same thing (crossbow/hidden gun) and I'd like to see a bigger focus on regular stealth. Having a Metal Gear-esque stealth mechanic would be great, not to mention being able to use things like shadows to your advantage (how many games actually use that apart from... the Thief games?). Having different pros and cons for doing a mission at night or during the day would be nice, too.

Velvet Assassin, but the mechanics for hiding in the shadows was really cut and dry on top of being buggy.

Personally for AC3, I'm kind of hoping the platforming and climbing is a bit more involved. I like the idea of the free-running system they have in place, but it just isn't very involving to me, and often I feel like just wandering across the cityscape is a bit dull due to the lack of input.

Susat
May 31, 2011

I picked up the Jak and Daxter collection, is there any way I can enable subtitles for this?

Susat
May 31, 2011

BlindNinja posted:

Try Select.

Ybrik posted:

The only one I ever played was Jak 2 but pressing square during a cutscene should do it.

Didn't seem to do anything in The Precursor Legacy, but I'll keep it in mind when I move on to Jak II. For now, I guess I'll just have to play at a bit louder than normal volume. Thanks fellas. :)

Susat
May 31, 2011

According to wikipedia, it has. I'm going to have to pick it up myself. I love the jumping flash games.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Man, the audio for the Jak HD collection is really weird. I'm using headphones, and the instruments are all playing in one ear and the ambiance in another.

That said, Jak II is a lot worse than how I remember it. The vehicles handle really poorly and every time I think I've got a grip on the handling, I get proven wrong. :eng99:

Susat fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 19, 2012

Susat
May 31, 2011

Harlock posted:

Can't just download a saved game? Does LBP have protected saves?

I'm fairly certain is does not. I do believe that the save data is now in the game data section, though. So it might require restoring a backup from that.

Susat fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 22, 2012

Susat
May 31, 2011

sentrygun posted:

I'm pretty sure a few games like Uncharted 1 were developed to use the SixAxis, probably because Sony was giving some kind of incentive because it was their big thing that they still had motion control despite being a normal controller.

I don't think the SixAxis has ever worked properly for me in any game I've seen it used in.

Thankfully a few games also had the option to disable Six-Axis controls, examples I think were found in Killzone 2 and Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. I'm particularly grateful for it in RaCF: ToD because the falling sections were unwieldy as heck, where it was just more innocuous in KZ2.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Neon Knight posted:

The sizaxis sniper scope wobble in KZ2 could actually be used to great advantage. It was sensitive and allow for sudden minor movements that the analog stick just could not do.

:aaaaa: I didn't even know that was caused by the Six-axis! I was just thinking of the valve turning.

EC posted:

I remember watching videos of Lair before release and thinking it would be the best thing, then reviews came out and said it was incredibly awkward to control. I got my PS3 later and eventually tried it, and they were right. :( Riding around in dragons and burning guys in castles sounds like it would be great.

I haven't heard of Lair, but this concept sounds intriguing. Are there any other games similar to it?

Susat
May 31, 2011

Chemtrail Clem posted:

Whats the best JRPG on PS3? Are there any good ones?? Thank you.

Valkyria Chronicles, Resonance of Fate, and Disgaea 3/4 for SRPGs
Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Folklore for ARPGs
...and I can't really think of any good Turn Based RPGs, maybe White Knight Chronicles 2? I dunno.

Edit: I bolded the games I personally think are outstanding examples of the genre.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Harlock posted:

I'm really excited to see how Tales of Graces F turns out. I'm still pretty bummed we didn't get Vesperia.

Vesperia was good, but it wasn't anything to write home about. I personally found the difficulty scaling to be spastic. Sometimes certain boss gimmicks (Especially with the free-running system) were more hassle than they were worth.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Looks like a Free to Play edition of Killzone 3's multiplayer is launching today.

You get the Guerilla Warfare, Warzone, and Operations game modes alongside ALL DLC maps, but you can only go to a certain rank until you pay 15 dollars. It sounds neat, and I might check it out.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Shalinor posted:

I really hope this approach gets picked up by other games, PSN games especially. Gotham City Imposters is likely going to die out pretty quickly, but with a scheme like this, it would probably live on near forever.

Though... I can't remember. Is there a PSN billing thing that makes that a no-go? I know they charge for the bandwidth associated with demo downloads, so would a dev be paying for the bandwidth associated with all those free players as well?

I have no idea, but I imagine they charge a set rate based on download size straight from the initial payment of the game, hence why retail game downloads tend to not vary in price from their brick and mortar counterparts.

Admittedly one thing I admire about free to play is flexibility, but where Sony could probably charge the developer/publisher of a game a flat rate to gain an immediate recoup of hosting fees, a free to play game is always going to have unaccounted players who aren't giving the developers a cent. I'm not sure Sony makes a profit on distribution, but I'm going to assume they aren't - Where in the case of a free to play game they could take maybe an extra 10-20% off of a fee determined by filesize and earn that for the first 10,000 subscriptions/sales, and then reduce the additional profit back to the normal fee, it'll give Sony a "Safe zone" and eventually (hopefully) become more profitable in the long run for the distributor and the developer by playing off the Free to Play game's method of turning everything into a gateway.

Susat fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 28, 2012

Susat
May 31, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Who else is going to be playing Killzone 3? Add me to PSN; kyleh614

This is gonna be the first time ive really used my PS3 in a while.

I added you, chances are I'm gonna download it tomorrow night, my net is kind of sketchy now.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Scyron posted:

I can't seem to find the free version on the store, so I'm going to hold off on buying a portion of a game I already own. On the plus side I will be playing KZ3 anyways.

I'll add you once I'm all ready.

I saw this and decided to check too, Managed to find it really quickly through search and wound up confused because I wasn't able to download it without paying. After some additional searching I'm thinking what you and I need to download is the "Killzone®3 Multiplayer Demo."

Susat fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 29, 2012

Susat
May 31, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Yeah, its under demos. I'm hearing that KZ3 isn't actually free to play, though. Sargent isn't the level cap, but rather that's when the demo period ends, and you have to pay if you want to play more period. Kind of lovely they advertised it that way.

I hope not, I haven't played a multiplayer shooter in a while and was kind looking forward to something free and not TF2.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Oh man, I had no clue AC5 was coming out so soon. Armored Core is one of my most favorite series so I'm excited to sink my teeth into that way earlier than expected.

Susat
May 31, 2011

sentrygun posted:

I just found out AC5 exists like last week and here it is being released over here. :toot:

Hopefully it's not as bad as the last Armored Core I played.

Which was the last one you played? It wasn't Nine Breaker, was it?

Susat
May 31, 2011

Since playing it, I've always thought of Yakuza being like an open world Final Fight but with more complex and brutal combat, if that helps.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Lucinice posted:

Off topic but if I delete my current PSN account and make a new one will I be able to use the same email as the done I deleted?

I'm looking at a bunch of (Somewhat dated) articles that say you can't delete your account. You can probably create a sub account fathered under your current one with a different name, though.

Susat
May 31, 2011

In my experience the Armored Core games are reasonably challenging. They'll make you think about what parts you pick and what kind of Mech you should be using for each mission.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Fat Turkey posted:

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but seems OK.

Just been offered Fallout 3 stand alone for PS3 fo £3 and can't dfecide whether to go for it, or whether to pick up the GOTY version for like £8. I was wondering if anyone here could tell me how necessary the GOTY edition is? I'm not sure how massively I'll get into it, so if it's only like a couple of extra dungeons or weapons I may just stick to the vanilla.

Nope, you're in the right place.

As far as the GOTY edition goes, there are issues with it. It isn't necessary apart from one DLC addon that lets you continue the game after the end for some additional story, but you can pretty much stop just short of where you need to be and walk away if you must. That said, the GOTY edition is riddled with bugs and issues that can even cause your console to lock up.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Dr Snofeld posted:

Why have I not been paying attention to Dragon's Dogma before now? Goddamn.

I have the Metal Gear HD collection winging its way to me in the mail. Do MGS2 or MGS3 have any changes to them, graphics aside? And vitally, does MGS3 have the Subsistance camera?

They're both the Substance and Subsistence versions of MGS2 and MGS3 respectively. Other than that, I don't believe there were any major changes to the games.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taratang posted:

You think that's bad you should try Disgaea 4 - 1800mb patch the first time you boot it up.

What on earth did they fix/add?

Susat
May 31, 2011

Cardboard Fox posted:

So with Shenmue getting an HD remake on PSN, is there any more word to the rumor that Skies of Arcadia might be getting one too?

Not yet, I don't think. But one of Sega's Brand Managers has said that they know fans want it. Article via Destructoid

I'd say if sega knows that, then there's a good chance we'll see it sometime. Especially if we're already getting a JSR port.

Susat
May 31, 2011

If they do release an HD remastering of Skies of Arcadia, I hope it's the Legends version. To my knowledge there's more content, more sky battles, and the addition of the Most Wanted list.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's because we are conflicted. They are both just so good.

Demon's Souls is a bit less player friendly, and also more linear than Dark Souls, it also has less equipment to experiment with. It comes down to a matter of taste as to which is better. That said, I second that they're both just so good.

Susat
May 31, 2011

WaffleStomp posted:

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in, but it does pertain to the PSN. I noticed on my bank statement this morning that Sony charged me for 2 items yesterday, one for $9.99, and one for $14.99. I haven't bought anything on the PSN since Journey came out for the PS+ subscribers, and I didn't receive any emails from Sony as I usually do when I purchase something from the PSN.

Is my account hacked, or will these charges disappear (they're still listed as pending in my bank account) due to Sony just testing my account to see if my card info is correct and exists?

You should check you recent purchases and downloads immediately, if they don't show up on your account, I would contact Sony and your Bank to get help, because you might have a credit card thief on your hands.

Susat fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 21, 2012

Susat
May 31, 2011

the truth posted:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/21/bioware-co-founder-apologizes-to-fans-for-the-mass-effect-3-ending-sort-of/

Hot drat, there's nothing like reading an article about games from a real journalist to drive home the fact that virtually all gaming journalism isn't journalism. Forbes has had some great coverage for the past couple weeks.

The nice thing about this is that it's professionally written and insightful. It's quite a nice change from the rumors and swears that populate most normal game news sites.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's the most unrealistic part of the game for me. A former college football quarterback smoking? I don't think so.

Maybe that's why he's former. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Susat
May 31, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Are they still doing that crap where they open all the factory shrink wrapped games and put the box out on the shelf? :argh:

I think it depends on the game, if it's a low sale or a game that's a bit past it's major release date, or the last one in stock, then yeah. If it's new, you can almost always find a copy of it still sealed.

The thing that always gets me at a local gamestop is how the cases are treated, even for new games. Often I'll get new games that have dented, or damaged cases, and special editions with sleeved cases (Like BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend) even have some severe damage to the outside. A while ago I even purchased a new copy of White Knight Chronicles II and the snaps where the case closes were severed.

I'm lucky there's another shop in town that isn't an EB Games or a Gamestop, but they don't always get new copies of smaller releases and gouge rarer ones. :negative:

• Locked thread