Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I grabbed Grandia off the PSN cause I was a Saturn owner back in the day and remember this being hyped as some amazing, unmissable game that tragically never got released here.

I'm about an hour in and starting to think I might have made a terrible, terrible mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls (if that's your thing).

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
drat, God Of War HD is really fun, but the cutscenes are all prerendered from the PS2 version. Bah.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

ChetReckless posted:

It's not every day you see a game where the cutscenes look drastically worse than the gameplay. GoW 2 looks fantastic, though, cutscenes and gameplay. The whole package that makes up that collection is a good one -- even though it was one of the first HD re-releases, it still holds up as one of the better ones.

Each game is a 9GB+ download, which is quite something for a PS2 game. Glad to hear that GoW2 has the cutscenes fixed.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
God Of War HD really is incredibly fun. Waaaay better than I was expecting it to be. I'm almost glad I missed out on these games on the PS2 so I can play them for the first time as HD games.

I was sceptical about shelling out for some PS2 remakes, but they really did a hell of a job. The game looks great, even though a lot of the character models are obviously last-gen.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Wow, that Rayman Origins demo is stunningly gorgeous, how did it take this long for someone to work out that hand drawn 2D graphics work so well in HD.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
What are the chances of Sony/Sega putting up Shining Force 1 and 2 on the PSN and giving them trophy support? They've done it with a handful of Mega Drive games (Streets of Rage 2 etc...), so I guess it's a possibility.

Because I would buy the poo poo out of that.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I played through SFIII up till the final battle on the Saturn, only to find out that you had to fight a second front with your reserve team during this battle. Since my reserve team were all low level scrubs this meant a lengthy grind in order to even have a chance, so I never finished that game. :(

They should remake all of those games.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I caved and bought Ratchet and Clank Trilogy from the PSN Store.

It's really annoying having to play Ratchet and Clank 1 without the ability to strafe. I hope this was something they added in 2.

Otherwise, the games look and play excellent.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

DangerKat posted:

Yes, strafing was added in Going Commando. How does it look thus far?

It's really nice but cutscenes are in 4:3 and low res. The worlds look great, but in R&C1 they are noticeably sparse.

I wish they had just used the PS3 Ratchet model though, he looks weird without fur. Clanks voice also sounds different, I've only played the PS3 entries before, so I dunno what's up.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Dr Snofeld posted:

In retrospect, Ratchet is kind of an rear end in a top hat in the first game.

Haha, yeah I noticed this too. He's starts acting like a bit of a prick to Clank about half way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I hope whoever it was who made the decision to disable autosave by default in XCom dies a horrible death.

• Locked thread