Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Is the "Spend $60 in October, get $10 in November" deal only available to PS+ members? If so, between that and the additional savings on games that I already end up buying, I am going to have to jump on board. If not, then I just found my excuse to pick up Code Veronica HD and Harmony of Dissonance :c00lbert:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Anyone on the fence should pick up Mighty Flip Champs. I've stayed away from Minis, thinking they would be lovely ports from DS Ware and iOS, but this one is great. The pixelated graphics make the upscaling very tolerable. That said, I bought it because I broke both arms in a motorcycle accident and only have basic use of one hand right now. Does anyone know of other PSN games (excluding the PS Classics RPGs, I have all those) that can be played primarily with one hand using an arcade joystick (basically anything where moving and pushing a button at the same time isn't required)?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

blackguy32 posted:

The port was fine unless I am missing something. Someone want to shed some light for me about what is so bad about Backbone?

They just don't have a good track record, is all. They are responsible for several lazy ports and X-Men happens to be one of the few gems.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

What is it witch Japanese console makers still thinking its 1995?

That is really loving stupid. I don't give a poo poo how first world problems this is, its dumb as hell. I can redeem poo poo on steam and live but not psn. What. In. The. Hell.

No time to implement features like that when they are being hunted and burned.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Stare-Out posted:

Thanks for that, but I guess it's US only? Can't get it to work. :(

Edit: I got a spare key which is useless as I'm in the EU. First one to call it gets it.

I'll take it, if you still have it. Looks like those went very quickly. :smith:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

So far I would say the Starhawk beta is similar to Warhawk but with star integration. Would rate the Beta gameplay a "B" for Beta.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Shalinor posted:

I hear you fly starhawks in it. Confirm / deny?

Deny. It looks like they had to rush development to meet milestone deadlines; Warhawks only.

EDIT: Starhawks will be DLC.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Holy gently caress, that game premise paired with Platinum Games is a match made in Heaven.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Dominic White posted:

So, despite being informed at length that it was the WORST THING EVER (lots of 30-40% review scores, too), I got a cheap copy of the Time Crisis: Razing Storm pack.

I'm struggling to find what's awful here. It's three full lightgun arcade ports (Razing Storm, Time Crisis 4 and Deadstorm Pirates), a sniping shooting gallery game and a lightgun/FPS hybrid - the latter being the weakest of the bunch, but still a bit of mindless gun fun.

So, five games (four short, one longer) for about £10 ($15) nowadays. I recommend it if you've got a Move or two and want to shoot stuff until it explodes.

I never understood the hate. Deadstorm Pirates is some of the most fun I've had with a lightgun game.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

After losing all of my saves when my old PS3 died, I'm going back through and beating Mass Effect 2 again so I have a good file to import into ME3. But I'm noticing the game stuttering and jittering a lot (especially if I turn a corner to find a cadre of enemies). Sometimes the music will cut out for a half second and then pick back up. Was it always like this? I remember the long load times from my first play through, but none of these jarring problems stuck out in my memory. I'm reinstalling the game data to see if that fixes anything, but I hope my HDD isn't dying or anything.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I played about 2 hours of AC 1 before realized I wasn't enjoying myself and skipped all of the other entries. This new setting has me incredibly interested, though. I think I might pick up AC1 and 2 cheap and play through them for the story. Do a lot of overarching-plot important events transpire in Revelations and Brotherhood? Or are they mostly just side stories?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

JGTheSpy posted:

It cost me $10 to park at the Natural History Museum and another $8 to go inside last weekend. Journey was way more fun than that entire museum (ok maybe not the dinosaurs) and $3 cheaper to boot. What a dumb loving conversation.

You should go to the one in DC bro, it is pretty sweet. If I could remote play Journey via my Vita while at the museum, it would probably be the poo poo.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Harlock posted:

Woof.

Well that makes me sad. I really enjoyed the demo and was going to pick it up a little down the line (after finishing up Grimrock, Tales of Graces F and Xenoblade). I guess I'm part of the problem :smith:.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

jabro posted:

No Awesomenauts, dude. Developer went bankrupt last week.

Sony announced it was still coming out today for PSN, dude.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

iastudent posted:

I hope RE: Chronicles turns out good. They were fun rail shooters on Wii.

Same here. I'll most likely be picking up some Move controllers (I already have the camera) to play through them.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

How well does the Dragon's Dogma demo represent the full game? I went through it and had a good time (with the exception of there not being a way to lock on to a target, that I could find). I'm thinking about picking it up tomorrow morning to play during the awesome 106 degree day DC is supposed to have in store.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Snake was also in DreamMix TV World Fighters, so I doubt that his showing up in Brawl precludes him from being in Sony's game. That said, I think it would continue The Ultimate Troll if he was only present for codec calls with Raiden, or as a support call-in.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

gameday posted:

Time for an internet petition!

It's 2012, we don't do petitions anymore. We do kickstarters!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'm trying to decide between picking up Atelier Totori+ for the Vita or Atelier Ayesha for the PS3--can anyone give any insight on to which might be the better game? I'm sure I'll eventually get both, but I can't really justify buying both games at once. I played and loved all of the PS2 Atelier games, but Atelier Rorona kind of fell flat with me.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Harlock posted:

The MSRP of that ridiculous Metal Gear collection is $49.99. You can preorder on Amazon now.

Holy gently caress, for $50 I'm considering selling off my individual copies of MGS4 and the HD Collection and rebuying that.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Harlock posted:

Could build a tower of Metal Gear.

What if you built a Metal Gear out of your Metal Gear games? :aaa:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Jet Ready Go posted:

I was actually really interested in the Christie one... but I would probably have to hide her behind some books or whatever when people come over.

There's an action figure thread in BSS that also encompasses video game figures and statues. I'd ask around in there and you'll probably get more helpful replies.

EDIT: It's right HERE.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I just downloaded Ni no Kuni and holy poo poo, I didn't realize the game was so large. One 6GB file and one 16GB file. :psyduck:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Finished Beyond Two Souls and it got better as it went along although it was still a devolution from Heavy Rain in many ways.

I think a more ambitious game would have you play as Aiden the entire time yet retain Jodie as the lead character even though you didn't directly control her. Kind of like that weird Lifeline game for the PS2, only less frustrating and awkward.

Despite them trying to force-feed you certain decisions at the end of the game, I really enjoyed Beyond. I was surprised to read the SA thread after I beat the game and see so much hate for it. It wasn't perfect by a long shot, but going into it using Heavy Rain as a benchmark, I was happy with the game overall.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Scyron posted:

Worth playing just because? Like say renting or borrowing a copy? I really enjoyed Heavy Rain but with my current backlog and trying to platinum games, I'd rather not start something new if I can help it.

Any chance we might see it as a PS+ freebie down the line?

I'd say it is worth playing if you want another cinematic experience like Heavy Rain and don't think you're going to get mind-blowing gameplay out of it. The story is fun but isn't a masterpiece--it gets kind of wacky in parts (and a somewhat creepy/Cage-uncomfortable depending on what options you choose) but if you like Quantic Dreams games, it's worth playing.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Did anyone bite on Lords of Shadow 2? Polygon had a fairly negative review of it, but I'm one of the people who loved everything about Lords of Shadow 1. I'll most likely bite the bullet anyway to see the story through to conclusion, but I'm just a little gunshy after picking up Lightning Returns and failing to force myself to like it (despite loving FF13-2).

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I posted in a few other threads, but it is basically LoS1 with a few minor improvements. The art / levels are still gorgeous and the music is still great. The combat is still the same, only instead of the light healing whip and dark damage whip you now have a ice healing sword and fire dmg gauntlets. The fill up the orb meter by dealing damage and not taking hits remains, even though it is dumb. Now you can use your abilities X times to master them, then transfer that exp over to your weapon. I guess they had complaints about your weapons not getting better as you progressed so this solves that. The story seems to be passable.

I don't get the complaints about the stealth sections though. I played for a few hours last night, and there were only 3-4 really really short and easy stealth sections(literally distract a guard, run past him). Unless they pick up again in full force later in the game, I suspect the reviewers didn't play the game much.

If you loved LoS1, you will probably love LoS2.

This is good news. The Polygon review seemed to boil down to, "this is not Symphony of the Night, so... yeah." Thanks for the input, everyone! I'll snag this tonight.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Are the Prince of Persia HD remakes any good? I recently got the hankering to play them and was thinking of picking the collection up to tear through. I've never played the originals, if that makes any difference.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Symphonia is good and still holds up relatively well as long as you haven't played newer Tales games. If you've played any of the newer ones (Graces F, Xillia, even Abyss or the later PS2 ones) it is a little hard to go back to. The story is pretty entertaining in it, though.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Awesome! posted:

a ringing endorsement

WKC: Not Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

RadicalR posted:

*looks at post* *looks at red text* *looks at post again*

Who do I TRUST? :negative:

You can trust me. Dragon's Dogma is a weird loving game but if and when it clicks, it's the best loving game. :colbert:

• Locked thread