Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Lowtax would save so much server space by only keeping the last five posts of every thread since no one reads before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

blackguy32 posted:

Mine filled up pretty fast (60 Gig) but I bought a 250 gig one and I have all my games installed on it and quite a few demos and I am not even close to filling it up.

My 320 gig is about to go under 10 gigs. I am apart of a share group though so my downloads are higher than average.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

the truth posted:

DLC "season pass" announced for Uncharted 3.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...n=U3Club_101811

Because I don't care about skins at all and I don't know how much the map packs are going to cost on their own, I'm not sure if this is a good deal.

If there was any single-player content I would be all over that. I don't play enough Uncharted multi to pay $25. I payed for map packs for 2 and I can count on one hand how many times I played it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I completely agree with them doing it. They do not get any money from resales. They are the ones putting thousands of hours into their game so we can enjoy it, not Gamestop.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

...! posted:

I honestly don't give a poo poo about their profits, and it's not my job to give a poo poo. Attacking my wallet earns them no sympathy from me. Anyone who defends the games industry doing this but has ever bought a used CD, DVD, textbook, clothing, car, etc. is a hypocrite.

Edit: That rant is not directed at you specifically; it's just some frustration that's been building up at people rolling over on this.

I have bought used games, cds, dvds, and cars. I also realize that if I buy a used game or rent a game I potentially will not be able to play multiplayer unless I pay an extra charge. Can you explain to me how this makes me a hypocrite because I agree with the charge?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Samurai Sanders posted:

Right, which is why SR2 is so great, your character is a transexual psycho during the game, and a transexual psycho in cutscenes as well.

Had to fix that for you there.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can we keep any Unchartered talk to that thread, please. I don't want to stay away from two threads until I beat the game next week.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

EC posted:

Er, they sent me an email saying they sent it today, I didn't get it. Usually GF sends it in the day of release, or waits to well after the release.

Gamefly always sends me new releases a day before they come out so I get them on release day. The trick is to have only that game in your Q.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

a shameful boehner posted:

If I subscribe to PSN+, is there a monthly option? I only need it to back up saves and would rather not shell out for 3.

You don't have a USB flashdrive?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Policenaut posted:

You can adjust the UI in the settings, I'm seeing all kinds of stuff like Screen Scaling and text size adjustment.

The text size is for chat only. Everything is still in microscope mode.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Policenaut posted:

While it's kind of a downer that the account permission number is changing, it is a good thing that Sony finally implemented a way to manage system activations from a website. My main account only has one left after all my friends' original PS3s died over the past 6 odd years and I've been terrified of the idea that this one might go too and Sony wouldn't clean the slate over the phone or whatever.

What website?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

BlindNinja posted:

I feel bad for the big spenders who have spent almost twice as much as me in our $1k+ gameshare.

Why? Everything bought before the cutoff is still good on the 5 systems.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I always thought they meant for the shares to be used for people who have multiple PS3s in their house. Who has 5? I'm surprised it took this long.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Jimbot posted:

For those of us who haven't played Uncharted 3 yet, can anyone tell me what people are mostly complaining about? I want to avoid the regular topic out of fear of spoilers. I don't remember the reaction to the game being this split for Uncharted 2.

You have to remember that Unchartered 2 is probably considered one of the best games ever made. There is no way a sequel could not to be like this.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I think their meaning of perfect is different than everyone else's.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Code Jockey posted:

Hahah okay then. loving Activision.

If it had been like $25 or maybe $30 I would've considered buying it, so I could do LAN games with my two PS3s. Not that I have friends, mind you, but the idea is appealing. Maybe I could train one of my cats to use a DS3.

That's not the hard part. The hard part is teaching it to scream Jew every time he dies. Strange, too, since its such an easy word.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I want whatever game I am playing characters and setting to be in my living room and I verbally tell them what to do. You think the PS4 will handle this even though most people's living rooms won't be big enough?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

My biggest disappointment is they did not include a nurses outfit. My Joker character looks incomplete.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I said come in! posted:

That trailer has made me worried for Mass Effect 3, now that it's starting to set in. I love ME1 and 2, but i'm concerned about ME3 after seeing the kind of direction that Bioware has been going in the last year. They've slowly been integrating into EA, and are no longer their own company anymore. Bioware is basically in name only now. They are really just EA Games.

Just like Origin, Mythic, and Westwood before it. I hate to use a Star Trek reference but EA is the loving Borg.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Samurai Sanders posted:

The Borg integrated each thing they absorbed's unique features into themselves though, it didn't erase them.

Well the week I played Star Trek Online didn't mention that part. :colbert:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MUFFlNS posted:

It will be quite interesting to see how Metal Gear Rising performs commercially though once it's released, since I imagine it will either bomb terribly or sell millions, with no middleground between the two. Hopefully Kojima lets them make a Zone of the Enders 3 if it sells well though.

This is what I am interested in seeing. I was put off by the trailer at first. I kept thinking that this is not a Metal gear game. How dare they. Then I realized that Raiden isn't Solid Snake and he just does things differently. The trailer wasn't so bad to me after that. A little over the top but that should be expected from Platinum. I still think the game will fail horribly though because people won't see past it and there will be no middle ground. This is strictly a pass/fail game.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I said come in! posted:

I would commit murder for a directors cut of sorts of MGS4 where it cuts out a lot of the cutscenes that are just explaining things that have already been told to us, adds new scenes that make the story a bit more coherent and adds more levels.

You do realize that when the game comes out your trial will be over and you will be in prison for life which won't allow you to play the game you committed murder for?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Kimoosabi X posted:

So I just got Dead Island for Christmas, and I'm having some troubles. I am running it with all the latest patches, but I am getting a lot of brief audio cut outs and the occasional pop and crackle. More concerning however is that the game itself can hitch up for a second or two, and usually right in the middle of a multi-zombie ambush. This usually results in me getting jumped.

Is the PS3 version just not up to par, or is it a problem with my PS3? I tried doing some research online, but its inconclusive.. some people report having similar problems while others say they have no such problems.

I rented it and never hadany problems, at least any I noticed. The game is poo poo though. Throw it away and cut off all ties to the person who gave it to you.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mercury Crusader posted:

Also, is Kung Fu Rider really that bad? Everything I've read says it is, but I don't have a Move to verify it myself (but I figured for $2 I wasn't losing much).

You know that saying when someone gets really screwed over the other person didn't use lube? Well the store didn't use lube but did use a condom..... made of sandpaper.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SamBishop posted:

Wait, how has this not made it into the thread already?

Capcom announced the exclusives for Street Fighter X Tekken if you pick up the PlayStation 3/Vita versions: Mega Man in all his pudgy glory from the NES cover, Cole and the cat mascots you probably already knew about, and Pac-Man driving a Mokujin-style robot.

No, really:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0YOOmU1Jko&hd=1

So if you play as Mega-Man do you acquire your defeated enemies special abilities?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I said come in! posted:

You weren't playing with a child in those games. I can guarantee you the dynamics are going to be completely different in this. You'll have to defend this character.

Did you even watch the trailer? She grew up knowing almost nothing but zombies and surviving. And the way she handled the knife leads me to believe she can take care of her own. You make it sound like she is Princess Toadstool.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Megasabin posted:

Has anyone here been part of the Gotham City Imposters beta? I just found out about the game today, and it look's like a lot of fun. Especially since I have 5 friends who would be willing to play, and it's a 6v6 game. For those who have tried it, is it any good?

Whenever I tried to find a game there were none so I uninstalled after about a week.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I said come in! posted:

I don't see it on the American PSN, just did a search and could only find the single player demo.

He meant the physical disc. You can probably get it used for that or less.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

NESguerilla posted:

I might not be the best person to be talking about it because I am not not an Assassins Creed fan to begin with, but it is probably the most over saturated series I have ever seen. You have to give people blue balls for a bit to get them really excited about a sequel.

IMO make a sequel every two years. it's the perfect sequel timing.

Guitar Hero?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Feenix posted:

Oh nice, PSN+ gets Journey in like 4 days, not 11.

Boom.

Gives me a reason to finally pull the trigger.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Megasabin posted:

The

The reception would be absolutely fine. I'm glad PS3 users have it, but almost everyone I've shown it to enjoys flower. If it was on both consoles or just 360 it would still do well.

You completely missed his point.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Cartoon Man posted:

To play the analogy game:

Assasin's Creed 1 <===> Assasin's Creed 2

AS

Metroid (NES) <===> Super Metroid (SNES)

This is a horrible analogy. Metroid on the NES is an awesome game.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

loving christ, he doesn't want to pay $15 for a game he will never finish. Just drop it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

OMG, a Journey thread!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Haven't seen anyone mention this yet. A game called Sleeping Dogs. I saw the live action trailer for this game on PSN and it looks like it has some promise. An open-world game set in Hong Kong because Tokyo is played out. On their site they released another trailer this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHIRceS-blA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MBFOidzHOo

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Cab posted:

I finally started Heavy Rain and I'm impressed. I was worried the crazy control scheme would prevent me from enjoying it, but so far so good. This is the first game that gave me IRL chills. That scene in the lady's apartment had me completely immersed. I'm only a few minutes past that point, will there be more spots like that?

Sorry but I couldn't find the game thread so I'm posting here.

There are a couple which will blow that away.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I said come in! posted:

My brother is in Tokyo this week, and I was wondering if there's anything I should have him pick up for games? Something that would be in the $20 - $30 range. Probably no RPGs, or text heavy games since I don't understand the language. I just think it would be fun to have him bring back a Japanese exclusive PS3 title or something. :) And of course there's the Japanese candy!

Where you at Policenaut and Samurai Sanders? :)

He could bring back a couple copies of Ragnarok Odyssey for Vita and make a couple of bucks off of us. Its $90 to import which is ridiculous. If he does this first dibs.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Kilometers Davis posted:

Does anyone still play that DC mmo? Is it awful?

Best 17 gigs I have ever erased from my hard drive.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Kilometers Davis posted:

I started Uncharted 3 today and, it's okay. It's not bad but I'm getting tired of climbing all over. It's lacking something but I can't tell what. I just don't feel blown away like in 2. Hopefully it gets better past the first few hours. Online seems interesting.

Unfortunately it won't. Since 2 is one of my favorite games of all time I went into 3 knowing there is no way it will reach 2's status for me but I didn't expect it to miss the mark this much. The tanker stages was the nail in the coffin for me. I couldn't go past that. I'm sure I will return to it eventually so I can see what happens with the story but the gameplay has killed any desire to do so right now. I couldn't even make it to the plane crash shown in the pre-release trailers for crying out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So after downloading my free Silent Hill I tried installing the thing 3 times. drat thing would not install even after restarting the system. I was starting to get mad then a lightbulb went on over my head. Checked my PS1 folder and yep, I already own the game.

• Locked thread