Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kly
Aug 8, 2003

It'd be better if they updated the PSN files so they're up-to-date. This is apparently beyond Sony's ability, much like crossgame chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I think we've hit a new peak in petty video game complaints.
"STANDING ISN'T BALANCED!!!"

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

The beta is a disaster and unless dice releases a MUCH better demo for this I wont be getting it day one like I'd planned.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

the truth posted:

SotC is still awesome if you can get past the (intentional) quirks.

The terrible camera and horse controls are intentional? Why would they purposely make their game unintuative and difficult to do something so basic?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

No voice chat in multiplayer though.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Rankine Over Gash posted:

...let me say that the original Metal Gear Solid on PS1 is the best video game of all time. This is all

Have you tried the new Deus Ex game?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Rankine Over Gash posted:

Not played anyone of them to be honest.

If you liked the MGS games I think it's safe to say you'd enjoy Deus Ex: Human Revolution quite a bit. It's basically MGS in first person with a less stupid plot.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Policenaut posted:

it is a good thing that Sony finally implemented a way to manage system activations from a website.

They did?! How? I'm in the same boat and would like to deactivate a buncha PS3's I don't have access to.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

UC 1 is not a great game nor does it have a good story. I'm not sure why goons always say to play it first for the story and characters, I'm assuming they've just never read a book or something or are comparing it to their animes. Skip 1 and play 2 it has much better gameplay. The story's still nothing to write home about. I haven't tried UC3 yet, I hear the aiming is broken in single player though.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

When people talk about a game story they are talking less about the literal script (book comparison) and more about the fact that there are neat setpieces and entertaining banter to accompany them

Ah, okay I didn't realize that. With that in mind the people talking about the story (setting) being good are right. I still think the gameplay isn't anything special and wouldn't recommend anyone get UC1 when UC2 is better in every way. Get UC2 and if you REALLY liked it pick up UC1. Or get UC3 and if you really liked it get the other two, I guess, if UC3 is the same leap in quality that UC1 to 2 was. I haven't played 3, so I can't say.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I played LBP1 with my wife and had a pretty good time but neither of us got used to the controls and quit about halfway through the main story levels, played a handfull of custom levels then never touched it again. I think it kept us occupied for a week or so. Didn't even bother with LBP2 because of how lackluster the first was. I'm also in the camp that says Uncharted 1 isn't that great and should be skipped in favour of the 2nd though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I used to LOVE JRPGs when I was young and would play and enjoy any of them but these days I can't stand 'em. I just assumed they were always made to appeal to the 13-year-old demographic and it was something (most) people grew out of.

• Locked thread