Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Fuzz posted:

Wait that's out?

gently caress.

That's what I get for not reading this thread for like 3 weeks.

No poo poo I just saw it mentioned in some other thread and I had the same reaction. Excellent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

MUFFlNS posted:

Aren't Bethesda RPGs always full of bugs and prone to crashing/freezing when they're released? I'll never understand why people don't just wait a few months for the price to drop and the games to actually work properly.

If you want something you are automatically assuming it will be good, that's just how your brain works. The power of positive thinking is no joke.

'Why would I be hyped up for a lovely game? I'm smarter than that of course.'

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

MUFFlNS posted:

Yeah Kingdom Under Fire 2 looks amazing but I'm trying not to get too excited because it simply has to run like rear end on consoles right? Secondly while I know they said it will come to PS3 I'm still kinda doubtful whether it actually will.

The first two games looked pretty good and ran very well considering the massive amount of poo poo that was going on. And they were on last gen hardware. I hope they find a way to make it work with the new one, they were some of favorite games. Very unappreciated.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

ExplodingSquidx2 posted:

So I'm FINALLY getting a PS3 this Christmas.

Can you guys suggest what type of headset to get and what games are a must buy.

I already have GTA IV and AVP.

I plan on getting:
GTA: Gay tony etc
Red Dead Redemption
L.A. Noire
Heavy Rain

You picked an awesome time to get a PS3, there are so many good games out that are really cheap. In addition to what other people have suggested, especially if you have a buddy to play co-op with, Saints Row 2. It is dirty cheap and hilarious especially compared to GTA.

I would get and play Red Dead first. It is an incredibly awesome game, easily one of the best current generation games. I suggest you turn off the mini map though, it really lets you focus on the scenery instead of following a little yellow line.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 11, 2011

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

Anyone posted this yet?

http://us.playstation.com/psn/events/emailoffer.html?cmp=HM-EMAILOFFERVIDEOUL

Sony's offering $5.99 of credit. It's officially for the video on demand service, but it gives you money to spend on your wallet in any way you see fit. Lot of PS1 games you can get with that. All that you have to do is agree to get emails from Sony, which I already do.

Anyone have some PS1 game recommendations to pick up with this?

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 12, 2011

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I always heard good things about Xenogears but if you say it didn't age well I'll stay away. I imagine most RPGs didn't age to well.

Anything interesting for local multiplayer co-op?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

BlindNinja posted:

I'm just starting Deus Ex and I want to play on hard. Am I going to want to kill myself, or is this going to be manageable?

I'm playing it on PC but on normal you die in like 3-4 shots which is really fast. I wouldn't suggest starting on hard. Even on normal you are going to be hard pressed to shoot your way out of situations, it makes you seriously consider other options before blazing away. Seems to have a nice balance.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Dr Snofeld posted:

Is Valkyria Chronicles the one that's a sort of anime turn-based tactical war game thing? That looks neat.

You should give it a shot. I wanted to hate it, I hated the anime because I take my video games too seriously. But eventually I warmed up to it. The battle system is really awesome, there isn't anything like it for strategy games on consoles.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Playing the game is fun and it looks great, but it's so god drat anime I was completely detached from the story.

The story wasn't really bad but it was 1000% anime. It had some cool characters though, plus the horrible ones I would use for stupid missions until they died. The 420 weed man bro who upgrades your tanks was great, always so stoked to see you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

a foolish pianist posted:

So my playstation has basically been a Netflix and Dark Souls machine since October 2011. I figured God Hand was one of the things that might work out on top of Dark Souls.

A BUS?

• Locked thread