Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Oh, I can keep playing my current game after beating the story? I thought since they added this New Game+ business, I would get locked out of completing whatever was left to complete, so I've been running around collecting Riddler trophies while everything is currently going to poo poo around me, which is actually quite a pain in the rear end. Good to know I can finish the story and then wrap everything else up when (hopefully?) things aren't so insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

a shameful boehner posted:

I think the real lesson here is to never buy a Bethesda console game ever.

This is all I've ever taken away from the aftermath of any Bethesda release ever.

"HOLY poo poo A NEW BETHESDA GAME THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST THING EVER!"

*game comes out*

"...Well gently caress this broken piece of poo poo."

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
This sure started off weird, but hey Kiryu spotted in the intro video.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

They had pretty much literally every Playstation exclusive character.

Yes I know, but I'm happy they didn't forget Kiryu, and I'm happy I caught him.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

SpacePig posted:

I'm really having a tough time with this stream. I've never watched one before, is there anything I can do to help it from cutting out so much?

e: That's a nice looking controller right there.

Get better internet? Haven't had any problems so far.

8GB DDR5 of Ram, Dualshock 4 combines Dualshock and Move controllers and adds a touchpad. This all sounds pretty drat good to me so far.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

MUFFlNS posted:

What did you guys think of the Media Molecule presentation? I kinda groaned when they started using PlayStation Move controllers, but I genuinely think that 3D sculpting of models is cool as heck. I get the impression that they were hinting about some kind of LBP-style game that takes place in a proper 3D world where you have tools such as the sculpting one to truly go hog wild with content creation, which is a really exciting prospect in my opinion.

Also, being able to play games as you download them sounds pretty cool :)

It was a tech demo showing what the PS4/development tools were capable of. For some reason, the PS4 thread went off on "OH LOOK PS4 HAS WII MUSIC LOOK AT THIS DUMB SCULPTING GAME AND THOSE IDIOTS ON STAGE PLAYING WITH PUPPETS!" bullshit and completely missed the point. I wonder if they're still waiting for that rubber ducky game on the PS3, too.

That said, I would love the poo poo out of a 3D sculpting tool for the PS4. That would be tons of fun to play around with and make cool stuff with. But, again, the people in that thread are totally against the idea of something that allows you to do things that are fun and creative. :(

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

AngryBooch posted:

I'm not getting a loving Move. I'm done with gimmicks. And that poo poo looked staged as gently caress, the puppets were aping the facial expressions of the puppeteers for Christ sake.

:psyduck:

I guess you're not buying a PS4 then either if you're not getting a Move, because you technically HAVE to use one to play games now.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

AngryBooch posted:

I have to leave the thread because I don't like the loving move? Get a grip dude.

Your posts are pretty ignorant and negative, is all. You could try calming down.

Since this thread is for the PS3, no, you don't have to leave. But since you don't plan on getting a PS4, hopefully we won't see you in the future PS4 thread (the non YCS one) talking about how much you hate their controller and how you are buying all your games on other platforms.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shalinor posted:

Nor did they explain the Kinect-like controller tracking.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what exactly makes this "Kinect-like" as opposed to everything Sony did before the Kinect was even a thing?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

The new Playstation Eye is a stereo camera.

I'm still not understanding how that inspires comparisons to the Kinect. Is the Kinect a stereo camera too?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

ChiaPetOutletStore posted:

I don't understand how the new eye thing is meant to work. If its just using the stereo camera and the motion strip on the camera, won't it basically just be like using a sixaxis?

No, it'll be like using a Move controller.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

blackguy32 posted:

Both the originals could play the games. But the question is, at what point do you stop? The only reason that the PS3 could do it is because it used hardware components from the original systems. At this point, people want something that is able to play the PS4 games, PS3 games, PS2 games and Ps1 games.

At this point, Sony has a choice. Do they create multiple SKUs, including one with the cell processor shoved into the unit to support PS3 BC at an increased cost, or do they streamline their SKUs to keep the PS4 a streamlined and simplified system, as laid out in their conference? How important is playing PS3 games to the general consumer? Are we the vocal minority? Sony has until E3 to sort these answers out.

Personally, I am OK with keeping my PS3 plugged in for PS3 games, and using my PS4 for PS4 games, because my experiences have shown my how little I actually use backwards compatibility even though it's available to me (aside from PSX games).

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ineffiable posted:

The fact that Yakuza 2 and Persona 4 came out so late in the PS2 life (and after the PS3 was out) gives me hope that we'll see the rest of the Yakuza stuff comes out here, and we still have the possibility of a surprise announcement of Persona 5 for the PS3.

We'll get Yakuza 5 quietly localized in 2014, so as to bridge the gap between 4 and 6. Then they will complain nobody bought 5 and fuss over localizing 6 before reluctantly doing so, but cutting out a huge chunk of content that they feel will not resonate with western audiences.

And we'll all lose our poo poo all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Are the Starhawk servers still online/populated?

• Locked thread