Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Maybe he's judging the refs on a curve, so Yamasaki the Lesser is making Mario and Marc look better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Grifter posted:

I thought this would be about resting heart rate or something, but nope its about punches.

Uh, yeah, this is about punch men, how else would you measure something stupid like that?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

HOT, STEAMY MEAT!

http://www.examiner.com/article/ronda-rousey-put-hot-meat-her-mouth-to-celebrate-ufc-157-victory?cid=db_articles

quote:

According to a Feb. 25 report from MMA Fighting, Ronda Rousey put hot, steamy meat in her mouth to celebrate her UFC 157 victory over Liz Carmouche.

Rousey had apparently been craving tender, juicy meat throughout her training camp
, but she wasn't allowed to indulge because she had to worry about contractual weight requirements.

Once the 'W' was secured and the fight was over, Rousey was finally able to suck on some delicious bones, as her camp explained that she feasted in her private hotel room following UFC 157.

"Rousey celebrated the win by eschewing a post-fight after party in favor of returning to her hotel room to eat buffalo wings," MMA Fighting reports. "[Rousey's manager] said that's about par for the course from a fighter who has raced to stardom without losing herself."

Of course, a buffalo wing celebration is Rousey's typical way to savor a key victory.

Rousey has been celebrating wins by buffalo wing feasts ever since she competed in the amateur ranks, and nothing has changed even after turning pro.

Through it all, Rousey stays humble and true to who she is.

"She hasn’t lost any of her humility at all," Rousey's manager Darin Harvey said. "My dad says when you put someone on a pedestal, they’ll only look down on you. She's been put on this pedestal but she's not looking down on anybody. She's maintained her humility. Of course, she's a young woman and it's an incredibly challenging, confronted with all this success and all this fame. And it's happened -- three years is overnight in this business -- it's happened very rapidly to make history, but she’s handling it very well."

It says something about Rousey's humble nature that she decided to celebrate her UFC 157 victory with a tight-knit group of friends over a simple meal, rather than splurging on an expensive, fine dining experience.

UNGH, HOT MEAT

Though I do like that she takes human wings and then eats bird wings afterwards.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Jones almost did, too.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/How-Training-with-Cain-Velasquez-Skateboarding-Have-Hardened-Luke-Rockhold-61889 this is a fairly loving spectacular headline. i don't take any issue with it, they are things he said, i just adore the presentation of the facts.

Shad Smith, toughest man in all the lands.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Yuriy posted:

Our very own LobsterMobster did a cool article on fighter's dogs

http://www.uproxx.com/sports/2014/01/fighter-dogs-power-rankings/

Pretty neat but I feel like War Machine's snakes should be in the section w/ the bunnies and not-dogs.

Thanks, Yuriy! Part of it is I didn't know about his snakes. Sorry :(

Also, just got positive responses from Thug Rose and Julie Kedzie. I'm a pretty big deal now.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

DekeThornton posted:

Gustafsson has two dogs now. They are named Sativa and Ghost. Something I have to remember when he fights Jones next time, so I can make horrible jokes about snitching and herb.

I like my names better because they are mean-spirited and mocking :colbert:

Also, surprised Hendo doesn't own a pug.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Not enough oxygen in one house.

They would both need c-pap machines

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

mewse posted:

I like that they disclosed what they ate, and what the bill was.

That's a little something called journalistic integrity :smug:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Tim Burke cares about the dumb UFC Rankings a lot, also rankings in general, and does all the updates on rankings

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/9/5597744/ufc-rankings-changes-divisions-machida-cormier

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/rankings

I'm 100% serious when I say he might have aspergers

Yeah, but maybe people shouldn't be trying to rank dudes in divisions they aren't in any more. We basically had a guideline on that end for the few months we tried to rank fighters (Would kind of like to see that return at some point)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

He's restricted to a plain black one so Wandy will be restricted to only two guitars and 3 sweeping solos.

He'll get this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdHmYodWlmg

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Yuriy posted:

gently caress what card was that from, I remember hearing Sadstorm live one night

It was either IGF or some other z-league jmma org

Grandslam. cortXbomb aka Get in My Guard aka Who Gotch Ya played a ton of Sandstorm covers in between the fights

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

conversely esther lin, who does not actually write anything, is by far mma's best journalist.

MIXED MARTIAL ARFS

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Conor was Always Bad

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Perhaps my most important work (other than ranking dogs owned by fighters)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

One day there will be a UFC Embedded where a fighter's dog sics balls on another fighter, and it will be the article you were born to write.

Yesssss

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

i actually laughed out loud at 'mutually assured destruction', but i'm honestly surprised that bruce leeroy fight where he got deducted like 2 points for ball attacks and lost didn't make the cut

There was a few instances on the cutting room floor :-/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

One of my colleagues over at Uproxx has been getting interviews with various fighters.

He got some contacts with Cris Cyborg, and her people demanded $500 for us to interview her.

:wtc:

• Locked thread