Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Oh my goodness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

gunblade posted:

Let's face it. Strikeforce is just cool.

Coolness Factor

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Xguard86 posted:

good at his job

So he makes those YouTube videos for cash?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

origami posted:

Pat Barry is not a good fighter but he is an amusing entertainer and that is what is important.

this is what I was driving at

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bundt Cake posted:

chael sonnen is a coward:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xir5HN24e8

Chael is a bitch

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Boregasm posted:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/7/2618810/rashad-evans-joke-about-the-penn-state-scandal-is-no-laughing-matter

I figured Snowden would be the one to write the hypersensitive bullshit opinion piece on Rashad's Penn State joke, but this one is awful enough to fit the bill.

I really have a hard time figuring out if BloodyElbow or MiddleEasy is the worst MMA related website

they just keep surprising me

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Boregasm posted:

I guess what I'm saying is that MMAJunkie rules.

Couldn't agree more

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

K8.0 posted:

I really don't see either of them moving up unless Aldo has weight issues.

Which he does, and has hinted about moving up for at least his last fight or two.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

mewse posted:

didnt watch the vid but why is he touching her face in the picture? does he think because he is working for zuffa he can just touch peoples faces now

that video is like three minutes long

don't watch fights. don't watch Ariel.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ariel Helwani posted:

True story: my final in one of my speech classes at SU was about why Jericho would be the 1st ever undisputed champ at Vengeance. Got an A.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

MassRayPer posted:

He said that Dana was on the verge of firing Anderson Silva.

...which he said was confirmed because Dana said "We had some back and fourths about it..." or something during today's presser

FrontRowBrian is a worm

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

mmajournalism.jpg

Bloodstain Lane and FrontRowBrian

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

gunblade posted:

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opt...4:organizations

Middleeasy / Layzie the Savage willfully assumes Braulio is lying, when most likely he's just confusing the names. Layzie is even the one who brings Rousey's name into it.

MMA Journalism ™

Every other article on Middle Easy has something to do with how awesome the Diaz brothers/209 are

color me surprised

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

breadbugs99 posted:

In fairness, that guy isn't really a journalist, he's just a hanger on who owns a camera, so journalistic fundamentals like checking to see if something is true are lost on him

keep in mind he goes by Layzie the Savage

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

quote:

I'd like to apologize to @BraulioEstima for this misunderstanding and my accusations. I do have terrible hearing but I wasn't the only person that thought he had said "Ronda." Someone next to me said, "Rousey."
So I asked Estima, "Ronda Rousey saw you weigh in?"
Simple miscommunication.
So I apologize also for bringing Ronda Rousey into the picture. I would never intentionally start a rumor about anyone or drag someone into a situation just to try and make someone else look better or worse...
Everything that I said or posted was in reference to what I was being told by the GracieFighter camp, and apparently, they were just as misinformed as I was.
This being the reason for my questions during the media scrum about the weigh in situation, stemming from an unorganized promotion and the lack of communication between all parties involved, including myself.
As far as my support for the Cesar Gracie Camp goes...
I've always said that I'm not a reporter, just a videographer trying to bring you cool stuff to watch.
I'll always be a fan, and not just of the Gracie Camp, but of all fighters and this sport.
I try to get as much information for you guys during times when information is impossible to get,
but it's only comes back to bite me in the rear end,
so I've decided to take a step back, and let things run their own course.
Which includes NOT covering Nick's NSAC hearing next week, or anything else involving his career.
I also ask that you please refrain from holding a grudge against anyone at MiddleEasy.com or the site itself.
They we're only posting what I was relaying to them.
I wish everyone involved the best of luck in their future endeavors and I apologize again to Braulio Estima for any inconvenience I may have caused you with the things I've posted or said.
Sincerely, Michael "LayzieTheSavage" Mardones

MMA Journalism at its finest

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Thermos H Christ posted:

Came across a great piece of journalism on Bleacher Report.

Does Frank Mir have a suspect chin/heart that causes him to crumble when he gets hit in the face? Yes. But to say he was never out against Carwin is just the height of silliness.

...and that was the second time he got knocked out in that fight.

I don't read a Bleacher Report article unless they have that stupid slideshow function

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Just a friendly reminder that Middle Easy continues to be really loving dumb.

Are shape-shifting reptilian aliens infilitrating UFC? Hey, it's a valid question...

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
FrontRowBrian tries real hard to be like the Chael Sonnen of MMA Journalism but he really just comes off like a twat

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Julio Cesar Fatass posted:

Bleacher Report: Like blending up a big mac and pouring it directly into your toilet.

Here's another example on how Bleacher Report/Jonathan Snowden continue to be awful

Hater Aid: Why I Will Never Root for UFC 153 Headliner Stephan Bonnar

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Thermos H Christ posted:

Haha did they pull it down?

Yep.

Guess what they tried to cover it over with?

My Apology to UFC 153 Headliner Stephan Bonnar

Just can't make this stuff up, folks.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
MiddleEasy is so bad they can't even give a report on their new site being updated without it being wrong

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

And in the most Bloody Elbow-est thing to happen, Matt Brown has been voted by the readership of the site as "Fighter of the Year".

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/14/3877222/bloody-elbow-2012-year-end-awards-results

Nothing wrong with this at all

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Here's Chuck Mindenhall's press pass for UFC 158.

Chuck Mindenhall is cool.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
This is our #1 guy.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bean Fried posted:

No, it really isn't and never will be. Just loving ugh, why is MMA journalism so bad?

Honestly, SAS MMA could compete with this poo poo.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Lid posted:

http://fightlinker.com/ufc-releases-alleged-neo-nazi-benjamin-brinsa/

This was just posted in the UFC thread announcing the release of neo-nazi Nejamin Brisna but it gets to come here thanks to its last two paragraphs.

Yes, let's have a nazi fighter in the UFC to help boost ratings.

Bonus points for "It’s hard to see where the truth lies here" the truth lies in the middle nonsense.

I wonder what this guy's stance is on that convicted sex offender that fought under Strikeforce.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Dear God, JT needs to be signed to the UFC for an Overeem rematch. All he has to do is back up for 3 minutes and he's golden.

PSP would have to close up shop, because nothing would top it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

gimpsuitjones posted:

just dropping in to say that Josh Rosenblatt from Vice Fightland loving sucks

I'm sure he does, but can you point out the Dumb Thing in question that lead you to this thought? I'm not sure Mr. Rosenblatt is widely known to suck, much like MiddleEasy.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Johnathan Snowden seems to like trashing fighters for one reason or another. He used to have a column specifically for that very purpose called "Hater Aid", but after railing against Bonnar for a host of weird untrue reasons he later apologized and nixed the column altogether.

He just seems like an overly negative guy for personalities he doesn't really gel with.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Care to step out of our insolated "being objective about MMA" bubble, PSP?

UFC a bloody disgrace

Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-Large for The Daily Telegraph posted:

SINCE when is kicking, elbowing, kneeing, punching and stomping an opponent classified as sport?

On Saturday night on Fuel TV I witnessed the brutality and bloodshed of the UFC — apparently, and worryingly, the world’s fastest growing sport.
This was nothing but barbaric savagery that should be banned in this country.
The fact women were allowed to fight on the card was an even bigger disgrace.
The main event was between Aussie Mark Hunt and Brazilian Antonio “Bigfoot’’ Silva.
The commentators described it as one of the greatest fights in UFC history.
It made me feel sick.
Hunt started with blond hair that finished a blood-soaked red. Both fighters became barely recognisable from the blood and facial wounds of five sadistic rounds.
It scared me that the Brisbane Entertainment Centre was sold out with so many thousands of people (including families with young children) who were prepared to pay to watch it.
And all those who lapped it up and loved every cruel moment on pay-TV.
Almost defenceless men being held down on the ground and punched senseless.
What does it say about our society?
Why do we allow our kids to watch and cheer for something we teach them not to do?
And why are the competitors allowed to do all this inside a cage when it’s illegal on the streets?
People have been sent to jail for less than what happened inside a cage on Saturday night.
If you really want to make yourself sick, Google “UFC worst injuries”. The images are seriously disgusting and raise the question: why aren’t the fighters at least made to wear headgear?
Why aren’t fighters getting protection from blood diseases?
Why do the referees and doctors allow mismatches and lopsided fights to continue?
I know the UFC has statistics to prove there are no more serious injuries than in boxing, but that’s not the point.
The beauty of all sport is the toughness and determination of its competitors. The pain they put themselves through to become the best.
The injury risks they face in rugby league and all the footy codes. At least their sport involves a large degree of skill — and it’s not just a contest to ­violently bash another person into submission.
HYBRID TALKS
Dave Smith refuses to rule out the Kangaroos’ ­involvement in a hybrid game against the Wallabies.
Promoters are believed to have offered Smith $7.5 million earlier this year to play against the Wallabies.
He met with his ARU counterpart, Bill Pulver, and there was talk about Anzac Day this year at ANZ Stadium.
With Smith unwilling to commit, the promoters approached the English rugby league and got an agreement in principal.
Smith told me over the weekend it was something he may consider down the track.
“I’ve had a few people come and talk to me about hybrid games,” Smith said.
“It’s been a question of priorities for me. We’ve had so much to do this year with pathways, membership programs and all the integrity issues.
“Who knows, in the future it might be something interesting. I’m happy to talk to anybody who’s got a good idea. It just wasn’t a priority this year.”
Under the hybrid game rules, it’s a 13-a-side contest. The attacking team plays the ball in its own half and has a maul in the opposition half.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 8, 2013

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Tom Wright handled that very well considering he was communicating with a man who was firm in his stance before the interview even started.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 11, 2013

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Octagon girl Brittney Palmer breaks her wrist, will still work at UFC 174

quote:

UFC fighters aren't the only ones who can work through injuries.

Octagon girl Brittney Palmer broke her wrist last week and still plans on working UFC 174 on Saturday in Vancouver -- without a cast, according to TMZ.

"No one wants to see an Octagon girl sporting a dorky cast," Palmer said.

Palmer was riding her skateboard through the Hollywood Hills and crashed. After determining her wrist was broken, an orthopedic surgeon wanted to put it in a hard cast. Palmer said she wouldn’t do it.

Hopefully she'll still be able to carry those heavy round cards as she walks around the cage Saturday with a fractured bone. UFC president Dana White might have to add a no-extreme-sports stipulation into Palmer's contract like he did for Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone.

In other Octagon girl news, Rachelle Leah made her triumphant return last week at UFC Fight Night in Albuquerque alongside Chrissy Blair. We'd like to see more of her.

No, guys. Not like that. We just mean we hope she stays around awhile longer.

Marc Raimondi's soul is nonexistent

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Pugilists at rest: How one generation of MMA fighters is learning to let go

Ben Fowlkes wrote a great article on fighter retirement from the perspective of Jorge Rivera, Matt Serra, Rich Clementi, and Travis Lutter (to name a few) and it's worth your time.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Apparently FOX Sports just didn't renew their contract with Mike, and he was actually led to believe that he would be with them for quite a while once he left MMA Fighting. So that's a bummer for him.

He was a good, neutral kind of guy too. I hope someone picks him up.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Mindenhall and Fowlkes really gently caress with the whole "lol mma journalism lol" stigma

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Snowden is a turd of the highest order but I'm not about to defend Ariel Helwani regarding a thing.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Captain Log posted:

gently caress you all for making me think of Savage Garden.

Thank you for making me think of Savage Garden.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Captain Log posted:

Reminder that this awful Easter Island Head man is somehow one half of possibly the best fight ever.

Not much about him makes sense.

Why do people not like Bigfoot again?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Jeff Sherwood, the dude who created Sherdog, was fired from Sherdog.

TJ De Santis had the most contrived crying spell you could ever imagine on the final show, which was so bad it was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

kimbo305 posted:

What show?

the last Beatdown show

• Locked thread