Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
So today I received my ice cream maker that I ordered a few days ago and all excited I ran out and bought all my ingredients, made my base, froze my bowl and then found out...they forgot to put the mixing paddle in the box with the ice cream maker. Lovely. I'm going to call Cuisinart in the morning to get that resolved, but my question is, how long should my ice cream base be good for in the fridge? The ingredients are all fresh as I bought them today, so they don't expire any time soon, but I wasn't sure if applying heat or mixing in the other ingredients would matter at all. Should it be ok in the fridge for a week while I wait for the paddle? Should I freeze it and re-melt it? Just curious if anyone has any more knowledge on this than I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Vegetable Melange posted:

Straight up this thread is a wholesale improvement on the "hey can i get a flavor pairing" we so missed, but can a guy get a link to the #gws irc up in here?

For content, rockcity, if you freeze you ice cream base you can let it sit until you get the paddle since the whole mess is meant to get froze. Since you will be freezing it to serve, letting the base chill out will do no harm.

Thanks, I actually thought about that and was leaning toward it already. I'll definitely go that route then.