Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Camel
May 13, 2005

Kraven Moorhed posted:

How likely are blowoffs? I'm cooking up a Russian Imperial Stout from extract right now, but I have things to do tonight and no access to a tube that will fit either my airlock or the grommet. Am I better off staying in to make sure things go well, or will it be fine 12 hours after pitching?

Do you have this kind of airlock?

I've had to start in my 5gal before because my 6.5 was still full. I just leave it in the shower for the first couple days and let everything blow out the top. Then run the shower to wash off the carboy.
I don't know if it'll work with the other kind of airlocks though. It might blow the cap and cup out the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU