Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
Couple of recent updates to my blog, OneGallonHomebrew.com.

First - Tasting notes of my Fruity Pebbles Dubbel (TLDR, it was awesome)

Second - Part 4 of my Make Your Own Yeast Bank series - the yeast finally get frozen! (You can find the whole series here)

Today will be a triple brew day after work! Well, not really - but I'm going to be making a 3 gallon all-grain batch of brown porter (hopefully my oven/stove will be able to handle this! 2 gallons works ok, but 3 is really stepping it up quite a bit.)

The 3gal batch will be divided into 3 one gallon glass primaries. One will be a standard brown porter, one will be a graham cracker porter (my fiancee's first brewing experiment) and I'm also going to make a Serrano-Jalapeno Porter. All three will be entered into the LHBS's porter competition, although I'm not sure how exactly...

It is a porter competition, and my understanding is that the graham cracker brown porter could probably be entered straight in to the brown porter category. The pepper brown porter is probably best entered into the SHV category, but I don't think they'll have one, so is it "out of style" to enter it as a brown porter?

Should I just keep that one and enjoy it and enter the graham cracker brown porter and the standard brown porter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005

TenjouUtena posted:

It has a small foam building on the top of it, like, just a few bubbles. I think it's just an ultra delayed start. It smelled like wheat beer and yeast when I opened it.

I'm going to give it another 24 hours.

Yeah, 1.080 is pretty high if you just pitched into 5 gallons without making a starter.

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
Redesign of my blog. Going to start posting new articles soon.

http://www.onegallonhomebrew.com