Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
For reasons unknown to me, I have been posting my canning adventures in the Pressure Cooking thread for a month and everyone just awkwardly accepted them without pointing me over here. Hola! :tipshat:

My first experiment: Pear Cranberry jam with winter warming spices. A bit chunky.

Last Week (not pictured): Apple Butter which wasn't quite thick enough to be butter, so I boiled it down *again* for long rear end time and it still isn't butter but is tasty AF.

Tonights venture: 3L of Strawberry Applesauce and 1.5L of Strawberry Balsamic Jelly. Jars in the back are grandma's old stash from the 1940's.

The potential bomb I'm using for all of this, haven't run it as a pressure vessel yet but hopefully it won't explode. Also circa 1939-ish, new top hardware.

Overall this is a really fun and delicious hobby and my friends are loving the free botulism I keep handing out every week. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Way more than enough in the pears naturally, it was seting before the jars had even cooled. (recipe came from FoodInJars). Should have mashed it a bit, though, it's ultra-chunky.

Strawberry could have done boiling a bit longer, in contrast, it required a pack of Pectin and took about 48 hours of sitting around to firm up in the jars.