Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inf
Jan 4, 2003

BBQ
Cool, wish I'd seen this thread before. I can things a few times a year, usually when something's in season, or I find a ridiculous deal. This winter I managed to get around 9lb of blackberries for $16, so blackberry jam became was my go-to gift for everyone.

I went through the trouble of making custom labels this time, too:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inf
Jan 4, 2003

BBQ

Rule .303 posted:

I've been canning for 6 years and I have just got past the "sharpie on the lid" labeling. Sharpie on masking tape is so much more convenient and easy to read on the shelf. I never thought of doing a custom label.

Hey! you forgot to add "may contain nuts" on that there label!

Avery makes a glossy label that's the perfect size for a regular mouth lid. I had to make my own Illustrator template for it though, Avery only provides one for Microsoft Word.

Wow, really? The seeds? Hadn't thought about that, I guess I never thought of them as "nuts." My food mill certainly removed 99%+ of the seeds, but a few small ones still slipped through.