Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z. Beeblebrox
Jul 10, 2003

Fra-gi-lay...It's Italian!
If changing the batch size of tomato sauce or what not matters for water baths, why can't you just use a pressure canner so that you can halve recipes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z. Beeblebrox
Jul 10, 2003

Fra-gi-lay...It's Italian!
I have a question about sauerkraut safety for those of you who've tried making it/eating it. I've read in numerous sources that sometimes mold appears and you're just supposed to scoop it off. Some molds produce toxins and other substances that make you sick. How is this safe to eat with mold sporadically growing on top? Is there a way to ensure that mold won't grow? I really want to try making it but the whole mold thing worries me.