Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I did a couple batches of pickled jalapenos a few weeks ago and they turned out really great. I was thinking about doing pickled red peppers and jalapenos for Christmas, any of you guys have a good recipe I could start with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Would you mind posting your tomatillo salsa recipe? I've been wanting to jar salsa for awhile but haven't found a safe recipe yet.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I can and jar regularly on glass tops (and even boil water too!!). I guess there's a slight chance of extremely lovely or old glass tops having issues with temperature regulation but "doesn't get hot enough" is hilariously misinformed. It should read "sure, you can do these things but it typically will take a little longer to boil/return to a boil."

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Don't let the price of a good pressure canner scare you. The price is worth it for preserving food that tastes better than nearly anything bought in a supermarket. They're also great for cooking meals in record time.

I bought a pressure cooker years ago with intentions of learning pressure canning to add to my pickling repertoire. I still haven't canned once but I've got more than my money's worth simply from being able to cook dry beans from start to finish in a hour.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I jarred a batch of 8 or so pints of tomatillo salsa a few weeks ago and it turned out amazing. I found a roast tomatillo recipe online and just added some cilantro and adjusted the spices to my tastes.