Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
Is there any reason why I couldn't or shouldn't make jelly out of bottled apple cider instead of juicing my own apples? I'd like to make Martinelli's jelly with mint, and aside from losing the bubbles I can't come up with a reason not to try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
Cost addition is fine. And i should have been clearer, my question was more about the viability of jellying a sparkling beverage, rather than juice straight from the fruit. I'll be planting my own trees in the spring, and just want to do them as Christmas gifts until I have fruit of my own. A far as preserving what i'm currently growing, I have hundreds of lemons to deal with -- that angle is covered with lemon honey jelly, lemon curd, lemon meringue pies and salted preserved lemons.